• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

cdyhybrid

Sitting at a bar in the airport in Vegas drinking beer, eating a burger, and watching NFL Live on the TV. Ready to head home and enjoy the weekend!

eznark

Banned
He's fun to watch play?

Doesn't need to be good to be fun.

mark-sanchez-explains-the-butt-fumble-for-the-first-time-it-was-like-a-car-accident.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
I kinda want Manziel to be successful mostly because Cleveland's long line of busts at QB isn't fun to laugh at anymore and it's hard to get excited for a 90 percent chance of winning twice per year.

pssh its still fun for me specially after 2 years of dealing with their fans in person.

bionic77

I kinda want Manziel to be successful mostly because Cleveland's long line of busts at QB isn't fun to laugh at anymore and it's hard to get excited for a 90 percent chance of winning twice per year.
Be careful what you wish for.

When Ben is gone and we suck again you will get tired of being worse than the Browns (if your crazy dream is even actually possible) pretty quickly.

I am old enough to remember when we used to be inferior to both teams in Ohio. :(

Be careful what you wish for.

When Ben is gone and we suck again you will get tired of being worse than the Browns (if your crazy dream is even actually possible) pretty quickly.

I am old enough to remember when we used to be inferior to both teams in Ohio. :(

Manziel isn't going to be good because I "wished" for it. He's going to be good because he has the tools and the talent necessary to do the job. Plus I hate to break it to you bionic ol buddy but the Steelers are bad NOW and we still have Ben.

This year Tannehill will show everyone who the best A&M QB in the NFL is. I wish it didn't have to be this way, BG!

Errmm ummm.... I think I have to leave Phins Gaf.
Manziel isn't going to be good because I "wished" for it. He's going to be good because he has the tools and the talent necessary to do the job. Plus I hate to break it to you bionic ol buddy but the Steelers are bad NOW and we still have Ben.
:")

jakncoke

Banned

Not if he suspended by the league for detrimental to its image(lol) and or len bias himself!

Bread

Banned
it's not worth getting excited about yet, a great player from most teams will suffer an injury and be out for the year and then you get disappointed.

i'll start talking when preseason starts and jimmy garopollo is putting the league on notice

cdyhybrid

it's not worth getting excited about yet, a great player from most teams will suffer an injury and be out for the year and then you get disappointed.

i'll start talking when preseason starts and jimmy garopollo is putting the league on notice
Not all of our teams make it a point to sign the most fragile motherfuckers on the planet.

MechDX

I don't respect Manziel because he doesn't respect the game or the talents god gave him. He is a spoiled piece of shit from a rich family with an inferiority complex.

I hope he flames out so bad people will start to respect Ryan Leaf in comparison.

Dallas should have drafted him so we can watch the trainwreck happen in HD but Jerruh picked a bad time to make a sound football decision. I feel for Browns fans but They should not have drafted him.

Bread

Banned
Not all of our teams make it a point to sign the most fragile motherfuckers on the planet.
one of your WRs just missed nearly the entire season to concussions, and one just retired due to concussions.

people in glass houses shouldn't run head first into walls

cdyhybrid

one of your WRs just missed nearly the entire season to concussions, and one just retired due to concussions.

people in glass houses shouldn't run head first into walls
Yeah, but I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch about it. We just drafted two receivers and the guy who retired was on a minimum contract. Maybe if Bill had a single clue about drafting you wouldn't agonise so much over Gronk and Danny's inevitable season-ending injuries in the first 4 games.

Haven't really kept tabs. Has Bruce Irvin been a factor since being drafted?

He's shown flashes, and did alright at a new position last season. Hasn't been a huge difference maker, especially with the signings of Avril and Bennett, but I dunno if I'd say he's a bust.

BigAT

Wow indeed. Sounds like he's not just done with the Bucs, but maybe done for good.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
In the press release, Nicks says he's decided to "step away from the game." Doesn't use the R-word, though.

MRSA is a real piece of shit. The disease is as well.

bionic77

First of all fuck you.

We have youth, speed, a coach who ranks all time in the sexiest category and just flat out looks epic and competent at the same time, we have an offensive line that is talented and is due to stay healthy for more than one preseason game, we have multiple weapons on offense including a deep stable @ RB and we have a franchise qb who can win by himself.

Where is the belief you fair-weather bastard? If KAS can believe in the Lions why the fuck can't you believe in the Steelers?

Down with fair weathers!

Bread

Banned
Yeah, but I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch about it. We just drafted two receivers and the guy who retired was on a minimum contract. Maybe if Bill had a single clue about drafting you wouldn't agonise so much over Gronk and Danny's inevitable season-ending injuries in the first 4 games.
I was referring more to a guy like Mayo who actually got hurt before the season started, but sure!

MRSA is a real piece of shit. The disease is as well.
:jnfc

cdyhybrid

I was referring more to a guy like Mayo who actually got hurt before the season started, but sure!

:jnfc
I don't know who that is. He's on the Pats so I can only conclude that he went to Rutgers and that he'll be injured by the bye week if he's any good.

jakncoke

Banned
What happens when 2 troll/joke posters that havent made a serious post or non troll post ever get into an argument. *gets popcorn ready*

Top Bottom