• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

eznark

Banned
Morning all!!

Alright ez I think we're all ready for part 2 of the Brewers analysis when you are!! :cool:

Rickie Weeks is a cunt.

But

The Brewers in their newfound wisdom have embraced the platoon advantage. Recall yesterday when I told you all about the first base platoon that has added more than 5 wins (that makes Overbay/Reynolds sound so good!) the same principle is being applied at second base. The stubby tubby dreadlocked cunthole starts against lefties while Scootie Scoot starts against righties.

The results are pretty striking.

2013:

Weeks: .209/.306/.357 -0.3 WAR (69 games)
Gennett: .324/.359/.479 1.9 WAR (104 games)

2014:

Weeks: .265/.333/.412 .03 WAR (66 games)
Gennett: .311/.351/.484 2.1 WAR(75 games)

Gennett continues to mash righties while Weeks has gotten better simply because he almost never has to face righties. The Brewers spent the first half of last year trying to weather the Rickie Weeks sphincter slap and did a very poor job of it (combined with the first base output and other issues we'll discuss later) and were buried in May.

This year it's a total turnaround. Scooter is the starting second basemen while Weeks is the platoon advantage. (Interesting note, most of Rickie's success came the first two weeks in May. He was the worst player in baseball in April and has been very bad the last month. Also, he was asked to play LF and told the team to fuck off. So I hope he dies).

HERO:

Scooter+Gennett+Milwaukee+Brewers+v+Pittsburgh+RGT0FtBRNirl.jpg

TWATFACE:

weeks-struggling.jpg

It's important to note when looking at the numbers that almost all of Gennett's success last year came after the team was well, well out of contention so his production was totally irrelevant. He has carried that (shocking me, I thought the kid has sucked at every level I have seen him at...not sucked, but never more than a Marco Scutaro type) hot bat into 2014 and it's been pretty fantastic. It gives the Brewers a ton of flexibility and weapons throughout the lineup.

Tomorrow we'll hit 3B, another place where the Brewers really improved but this time just because of health.

MRSA

Banned
Did I tell you fuckers I sat in on an AA meeting at work yesterday? I kept wanting to giggle like a lil school girl.

eznark

Banned
She's killing endangered animals for sport. She's a terrible human.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

get a clue you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Though knowing what hunting African "wild"life entails I will say she is a fucking terrible hunter. It's basically shooting drugged up, often tethered fish in a tiny little barrel from a vehicle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This will be the first year since 07 I haven't been able to watch the Lions. I dropped DirecTV because of how insanely expensive it is. I thought I'd feel terrible about not having Sunday Ticket, but I really don't.

I'll have Red Zone, which should suffice.

cdyhybrid

This will be the first year since 07 I haven't been able to watch the Lions. I dropped DirecTV because of how insanely expensive it is. I thought I'd feel terrible about not having Sunday Ticket, but I really don't.

I'll have Red Zone, which should suffice.

Could always just go to a local sports bar and watch.

So at the ripe young age of 36, I'm heading back to school next year. Mixed feelings on it. I want to, but its going to destroy any free time I have right now.

So how is everybody feeling about tomorrow's World Cup match-ups?

Brazil-Colombia could be a fantastic game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Colombia walk away with it. Colombia has been the best team so far at the World cup with the best player in James Rodriguez. Can't never count out Brazil though, especially not in their own country. Plus Neymar may be a cunt and suck it up at Barcelona, but the way he plays at Brazil is impressive.

France-Germany is one of the biggest European match-ups possible. Germany was one of the big favorites before all this started, they might not have lived up to those expectations just yet, but they sure are a strong team. Problem for them is that they are currently hit by a virus of some sorts, so interesting so see how they feel tomorrow. France has been a bit of a surprise to me, they were a fucking mess the last couple of years, but they have so much talent on that team that this was possible. Not having the cancers Ribery and Nasri with them seems to be a blessing.

rando14

Rickie Weeks is a cunt.

But

The Brewers in their newfound wisdom have embraced the platoon advantage. Recall yesterday when I told you all about the first base platoon that has added more than 5 wins (that makes Overbay/Reynolds sound so good!) the same principle is being applied at second base. The stubby tubby dreadlocked cunthole starts against lefties while Scootie Scoot starts against righties.

The results are pretty striking.

2013:

Weeks: .209/.306/.357 -0.3 WAR (69 games)
Gennett: .324/.359/.479 1.9 WAR (104 games)

2014:

Weeks: .265/.333/.412 .03 WAR (66 games)
Gennett: .311/.351/.484 2.1 WAR(75 games)

Gennett continues to mash righties while Weeks has gotten better simply because he almost never has to face righties. The Brewers spent the first half of last year trying to weather the Rickie Weeks sphincter slap and did a very poor job of it (combined with the first base output and other issues we'll discuss later) and were buried in May.

This year it's a total turnaround. Scooter is the starting second basemen while Weeks is the platoon advantage. (Interesting note, most of Rickie's success came the first two weeks in May. He was the worst player in baseball in April and has been very bad the last month. Also, he was asked to play LF and told the team to fuck off. So I hope he dies).

It's important to note when looking at the numbers that almost all of Gennett's success last year came after the team was well, well out of contention so his production was totally irrelevant. He has carried that (shocking me, I thought the kid has sucked at every level I have seen him at...not sucked, but never more than a Marco Scutaro type) hot bat into 2014 and it's been pretty fantastic. It gives the Brewers a ton of flexibility and weapons throughout the lineup.

Tomorrow we'll hit 3B, another place where the Brewers really improved but this time just because of health.

Whoa just looked it up, if you combine the Weeks/Gennett production this year in the platoon:

.317/.363/.514, 24 doubles, three triples, nine homers, 37 RBI, 46 runs, five stolen bases

Probably the most productive "second basemen" in the NL. Nice to see Gennett continuing to hit well into this year, though his value is really strange considering how abysmal he is against lefties (.129, yeesh). Will probably keep him from making any real money unless he can magically fix it

So at the ripe young age of 36, I'm heading back to school next year. Mixed feelings on it. I want to, but its going to destroy any free time I have right now.

Cool man, that's great!! What are you studying

bionic77

So how is everybody feeling about tomorrow's World Cup match-ups?

Brazil-Colombia could be a fantastic game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Colombia walk away with it. Colombia has been the best team so far at the World cup with the best player in James Rodriguez. Can't never count out Brazil though, especially not in their own country. Plus Neymar may be a cunt and suck it up at Barcelona, but the way he plays at Brazil is impressive.

France-Germany is one of the biggest European match-ups possible. Germany was one of the big favorites before all this started, they might not have lived up to those expectations just yet, but they sure are a strong team. Problem for them is that they are currently hit by a virus of some sorts, so interesting so see how they feel tomorrow. France has been a bit of a surprise to me, they were a fucking mess the last couple of years, but they have so much talent on that team that this was possible. Not having the cancers Ribery and Nasri with them seems to be a blessing.
I am picking Germany and Columbia. Columbia has been the best team in the WC so far. Brazil might win due to home field and some luck but Columbia is the better team.

And I always pick Germany in soccer. Every since FIFA 94 that strategy has worked more often than it has failed me.

eznark

Banned
Whoa just looked it up, if you combine the Weeks/Gennett production this year in the platoon:

.317/.363/.514, 24 doubles, three triples, nine homers, 37 RBI, 46 runs, five stolen bases

Probably the most productive "second basemen" in the NL. Nice to see Gennett continuing to hit well into this year, though his value is really strange considering how abysmal he is against lefties (.129, yeesh). Will probably keep him from making any real money unless he can magically fix it

Doubt it. If he can put up those numbers against right handed pitching for the next three years he'll get paid. Nothing easier to find in the world than a right handed middle infielder.

Tamanon

Banned

I went back at 34. I think you'll be surprised at how much of a leg up you have on many students just by caring that you're there.

Dragon

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

get a clue you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Though knowing what hunting African "wild"life entails I will say she is a fucking terrible hunter. It's basically shooting drugged up, often tethered fish in a tiny little barrel from a vehicle.

Yeah I forgot you're an omniscient cunt, forgive me!

ShaneB

I'm rooting for Germany. Hoping that if they advance my german based company gives us time off when the games are on or something. If not... go underdog!

You give me hope knowing I can see myself doing the same in the future. Best of luck with whatever you're doing.

jbug617

Banned
So I just got MLB 14 for PS4 and you guys are not joking about the load times.

I can't even play a game yet but why did they let me start the game.

So I just got MLB 14 for PS4 and you guys are not joking about the load times.

I can't even play a game yet but why did they let me start the game.

so you can see the menus! why else!

p.s.

game is great except that online doesn't work consistently... which is a gigantic problem for me

manfestival

I am a completely average looking dude but I got sick dance moves yo

The ladies love it and wanna be all up on me because of it

Top Bottom