• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Sounds related to "buttcrackcancer"

My defensive backs coach at university would call everybody "bumcrease" or "roy" in between talking about cranberry sauce and mowing people down with a MAC-10. Of course, being young and stupid I thought this was the funniest thing ever so it was a pretty simple choice when it was time to choose a gamertag.

Hooked up PS3 for the first time since I moved about a year ago. First game in? Valkyria Chronicles, of course. Backlog be damned.

DS4 works pretty nice. Seems like I have to have it plugged in for it to work, though?
coldplay should be banned for this shit
At least you got us on to a new page. Nice job, friend.

MechDX

It's been another long day at work, and I'm thinking/hoping we finish by tomorrow but it's looking like Monday.

Anyway after 3 hours of traffic I decided to stop by Target to get some food, and went to the video game section. They have a sale ending tomorrow night that if you buy an Xbox One you get a $50 Target gift card. After checking for similar sales I decided the One at $350 was hard to beat. Although starting Sunday interestingly enough the dude at Target said Target is doing sales for both PS4 and Wii U. I think the Wii U one was a $20 gift card (I don't quite remember) and the PS4 sale is $30 off PSN. That deal is pretty good and is why I'm holding onto my receipt. By Sunday I'll make my decision but I had to jump on the $50 Gift Card Xbone deal.

So as of right now an Xbox One is in my possession but I still haven't made up my mind (even though I'm leaning toward the Xbox One).

Still have to post in the great SiF OT thread yankee made and read up on more Lions/Suh news but I'm going to have a couple of beers first.

Here you go Kas. HALO 2 CE cinematic trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgLj-vXmrmM&list=UUjBp_7RuDBUYbd1LegWEJ8g

Real HALO not "not-HALO Destiny"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good man Kas, my gamertag is bumcrease so add me once you do the right thing and fire up the xbone.

Yeah, I may be starting it up by tomorrow night and be online the more I think about it. One thing I didn't realize (due to not researching) is that both XB1 and PS4 come with headsets for online. I honestly thought you had to buy them sepreatyl. That means about $30 about I can save on each console which I was not expecting.

One thing that pisses me off about XBL vs. PSN is that XBL costs $10 more. MS should lower it to $50 even though historically on Xbox and Xbox 360, XBL has been $60. Either way I'm probably going to be online by the time I get off of work and have two games.

In terms of third person action games Dead Rising 3 vs. Assassins Creed 4? I'm not sure what my second game. I want Titanfall but don't want to burn myself out on FPSes with Destiny and then Halo MCC.

jakncoke

Banned
Hooked up PS3 for the first time since I moved about a year ago. First game in? Valkyria Chronicles, of course. Backlog be damned.

DS4 works pretty nice. Seems like I have to have it plugged in for it to work, though?

What new page? get on 100 bum!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
bish is black.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Kas you might as well wait to see what the Holiday bundles are going to be. Sunset Overdrive is probably going to be bundle with the White Xbox One. Also MS usually has a bundle that includes 2 games with the console.

MechDX

Yeah, I may be starting it up by tomorrow night and be online the more I think about it. One thing I didn't realize (due to not researching) is that both XB1 and PS4 come with headsets for online. I honestly thought you had to buy them sepreatyl. That means about $30 about I can save on each console which I was not expecting.

One thing that pisses me off about XBL vs. PSN is that XBL costs $10 more. MS should lower it to $50 even though historically on Xbox and Xbox 360, XBL has been $60. Either way I'm probably going to be online by the time I get off of work and have two games.

In terms of third person action games Dead Rising 3 vs. Assassins Creed 4? I'm not sure what my second game. I want Titanfall but don't want to burn myself out on FPSes with Destiny and then Halo MCC.

LIVE cards can be had for less than $50, just search around. Here found one for $50 http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-12-month-xbox-live-gold-card-membership-5

I really like AC4, great game, and Im not a huge AC fan. Got mine for $10 from BB a few weeks ago. Deal Fisher on EBAY is selling new copies for $25.

Oh and get Plants vs Zombies: GW. On sale on XBLA for $23 right now. All DLC is free so you keep getting new maps and characters.

XBL (on xbone) is a complete piece of shit vs. PSN (on ps4). it's like MS went back to the drawing board for something that was already great and then came up with ways to make it awful.

i haven't turned my xbone on in about a month. the only reason i turned it on is because there is an FX app and i wanted to watch fargo. the only must-have game on the system is killer instinct but neogaf is full of cowards who will not fight me in it. dead rising 3 is cool but it gets boring. not sure what else you would play but maybe you have different tastes than myself!

XBL (on xbone) is a complete piece of shit vs. PSN (on ps4). it's like MS went back to the drawing board for something that was already great and then came up with ways to make it awful.

i haven't turned my xbone on in about a month. the only reason i turned it on is because there is an FX app and i wanted to watch fargo. the only must-have game on the system is killer instinct but neogaf is full of cowards who will not fight me in it. dead rising 3 is cool but it gets boring. not sure what else you would play but maybe you have different tastes than myself!

Does this mean NFL-GAF will be playing Madden on PS4 this year?

Tom Penny

I got TLOU PS3 on amazon for 20 bucks today. Last game I played on it was Uncharted 3. That's a long time ago. I just use it to stream movies and play blu ray's.

Haven't played AC4 but Unity is coming out at the end of October so you might be better off waiting for that. Dead Rising is a lot of fun if you enjoyed previous Dead Rising games, lot more forgiving with the removal of a time limit and bathroom saves as well.

Titanfall is fun to play but it feels like it's lacking a bit of content imo.

It depends on whether you like fighting/racing games but Killer Instinct and Forza are great games, Ryse is definitely worth a rental too.

Oh and once your leg heals don't forget to plug in Kinect and do some Xbox Fitness workouts lest you end up looking like your QB.

the20goonies2020chunk20er3.gif

Bread

Banned
Welcome to the team, kas! What's your gt?

Also, anyone else in for an xb1 Madden online mode? I'd be down for some league stuff if it means the Lions missing the playoffs. I'll take green bay for sanjuro's sake.

rando14

Also, anyone else in for an xb1 Madden online mode? I'd be down for some league stuff if it means the Lions missing the playoffs. I'll take green bay for sanjuro's sake.

Hey you curvaceous carbohydrate, when are you gonna stream booty creed!!

MechDX

I haven't played Madden since 2010 I believe.

I want a new Burnout game. Not that Paradise City bullshit either but a true sequel to Burnout: Revenge

Quinn, Donald, Brockers and Long will meet in the backfield and take a shit on Kaepernick's facecage before he can complete his drop.

perhaps! but on top of having one of the cheesiest QB's in madden since Vick '04 you also have (along with the seachickens) one of the most OP defenses in madden history. on one hand i feel bad playing against people with lesser teams but on the other hand i have used garbage niners teams for the majority of the past decade so too bad!

I was too busy trying to get Schoob to outrun zombies

sorry ass NFL ruined the new blitz

I haven't played Madden since 2010 I believe.

I want a new Burnout game. Not that Paradise City bullshit either but a true sequel to Burnout: Revenge

Jump back into the fray next month.

Sounds good to me, gotta do a fantasy draft though just to see gata and Kas reach for Brady and stafford.

I've got my brother this round of an online franchise I do with some mates, will be happy to stream it for you guys if you need a football fix.

I'm warning everybody though, I have the lowest rated roster in the league and my starting QB is Josh Johnson so it's going to be pretty ugly.

Johnson-Miss.gif

Gata would reach for Bortles

I can't talk too much shit tbf, we did a fantasy draft and my roster was rated 78 overall. My starting QB is Josh Johnson and my #1 receiver is Danny Amendola. Best player on my entire offence is my fullback.

All of that frustration is negated by the GOAT secondary so it's all good.

Top Bottom