• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Fly away gata.

Fly away.

rongBc7.gif

Jarnet87

Thanks for the memories Carl, all 9 games you played for us ya fat shit idiot. Watch him go back to the Saints and be a consistent starter.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks for the memories Carl, all 9 games you played for us ya fat shit idiot. Watch him go back to the Saints and be a consistent starter.

I doubt that but goodwin came back so we'll see how that goes.
Would love to see Carl back. Meachem wasnt happy in San Diego and then he came back last year and started playing like he used to.

Quick impressions from the camp (note: this is all from the first practice of a new season and it is impossible to make lasting judgments from it. Take any predictions presented in this post to the bank at your own risk!)

-Cam's health: Physically he looked solid throwing the ball. It didn't look like his ankle affected his footwork any in that department. As for his mobility, the jury's still out on that. Didn't really get many opportunities to see him rollout or scramble, whether that was by design or by just the way the lines played (see point 2). He did do a lot of jogging around the stadium, just interacting with the fans (Cam is a gracious and humble superstar) and you could definitely see a limp by the end of the night.

- Offensive line looked surprisingly decent/defensive line looked surprisingly ineffective: OL was my number one concern for this team coming into this season. But OL did a pretty nice job keeping a clean pocket for the QBs and opening up running lanes for the backs (call me crazy but I think DWill's going to have his best year in a while) against the much-lauded defensive front 7 (Kraken was a participant). It's hard to tell if that was just the fact that it's a fan showpiece practice and Monstarz Inc wasn't actually going full-bore or if...the OL is actually not super cheeks (my guess is the former, but we'll see)

-Secondary looked unsurprisingly not great

Wide Receivers:
Tavarres King- Probably got the most targets of all the receivers in team drills. Was a mixed bag. Made a few nice grabs in traffic, dropped a few easier balls.

Tiquan Underwood- Redeemed himself with solid hands after the dropped touchdown I was talking about earlier.

Marvin McNutt- Not many targets, couldn't get a read

Jason Avant- Showed crazy hands in the 1 on 1 WR/CB drills, made a nice double move to school Melvin White. Not many targets in the 7 on 7 drills

Kelvin Benjamin- Solid, didn't think he dropped a ball, but didn't get a chance to show off that massive frame/catch radius. His hands are huge, seeing them in person is great.

Jericho Cotchery- Uncharacteristically sloppy

Two names to remember: Philly Brown (from The Ohio State University) and Brentin Bersin. Bersin has long blonde hair and looks like the lovechild of Riley Cooper and Jimmy Clausen. But dude has probably the best day overall of the practice. Watch him closely throughout the rest of the preseason.

Miscellaneous Notes:
Luke Kuechly is a huge human being
Mike Tolbert was returning kickoffs, take from that what you will.
I had completely forgot Joe Webb was even on the team. Hopefully his bumness isn't contagious.

bionic77

How long did you wear the pants in your marriage?
Before the twins?

Not very often.

After the kids? Not much time for sex any more so most of the time except when it is hot then I shift to shorts,

Speaking of relationships. In your incestuous baseball game with your first cousin what base did you get to?

Before the twins?

Not very often.

After the kids? Not much time for sex any more so most of the time except when it is hot then I shift to shorts,

Speaking of relationships. In your incestuous baseball game with your first cousin what base did you get to?

Word on the street is that she was willing to let him get to 2nd but he triped rounding 1st.

But that's the streets talking. Word is bond.

First of all fuck you.

We have youth, speed, a coach who ranks all time in the sexiest category and just flat out looks epic and competent at the same time, we have an offensive line that is talented and is due to stay healthy for more than one preseason game, we have multiple weapons on offense including a deep stable @ RB and we have a franchise qb who can win by himself.

Where is the belief you fair-weather bastard? If KAS can believe in the Lions why the fuck can't you believe in the Steelers?

Down with fair weathers!

Calling a spade a spade is being fair weather? We were 8-8 two seasons in a row hoss. Nobody's talking about this season - the last two the Steelers were poor.

Also, As I recall, I wasn't the one calling for Tomlin to be fired off of clear rebuilding seasons.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's been another long day at work, and I'm thinking/hoping we finish by tomorrow but it's looking like Monday.

Anyway after 3 hours of traffic I decided to stop by Target to get some food, and went to the video game section. They have a sale ending tomorrow night that if you buy an Xbox One you get a $50 Target gift card. After checking for similar sales I decided the One at $350 was hard to beat. Although starting Sunday interestingly enough the dude at Target said Target is doing sales for both PS4 and Wii U. I think the Wii U one was a $20 gift card (I don't quite remember) and the PS4 sale is $30 off PSN. That deal is pretty good and is why I'm holding onto my receipt. By Sunday I'll make my decision but I had to jump on the $50 Gift Card Xbone deal.

So as of right now an Xbox One is in my possession but I still haven't made up my mind (even though I'm leaning toward the Xbox One).

Still have to post in the great SiF OT thread yankee made and read up on more Lions/Suh news but I'm going to have a couple of beers first.

KaYotiX

Banned
Who wants guns?

My neighbor is practically ready for the zombie apocalypse. Gotta love Texas.

Oh Kas, if u want a Xbone friend my tag is Kayotix. That goes for rest of NFL GAF. I have a few of y'all on my list but want more.

bionic77

Calling a spade a spade is being fair weather? We were 8-8 two seasons in a row hoss. Nobody's talking about this season - the last two the Steelers were poor.

Also, As I recall, I wasn't the one calling for Tomlin to be fired off of clear rebuilding seasons.
I am not a fan of Tomlin anymore.

Now is his chance to prove me wrong but I have not seen much development defensively on our team and strategically we suck ass. Hope he proves me wrong but he has been here awhile now....

And keep the faith brother! Don't let last years aberration fool you. This is still a league of fraud champions and we will be the next in line next season!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Here you go Sanjuro, I own a physical memory of a time when the Patriots weren't evil incarnate:

KBXATqZ.jpg

h2u25NP.jpg

My parents bought it his rookie year because he was supposed to be the "next big thing". I also have an autographed basketball that Shaq signed his rookie year. I really need to get something from Aaron Rodgers.

So I can burn it on my front lawn when he runs off to play for the Vikings when he's 37

I am not a fan of Tomlin anymore.

Now is his chance to prove me wrong but I have not seen much development defensively on our team and strategically we suck ass. Hope he proves me wrong but he has been here awhile now....

And keep the faith brother! Don't let last years aberration fool you. This is still a league of fraud champions and we will be the next in line next season!

I'm going to give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt until we have the book on Ryan Shazier. He's been trying to get this faster more versatile defense off the ground for a few years but it got blown out with Spence's knee. I love the concept of being able to attack anything with the base 3-4 but he has to get it working first.

Before the twins?

Not very often.

First of all fuck you

Second of all fuck you

Also, fuck you

Kas my gt is yankeeh8er. Follow me so that this fall I can crush you in the MCC and talk smack about Stafford. The SIF thread needs you someone had a Stafford question today.

-Here is hoping that running back Kendall Hunter’s right knee injury doesn’t keep him out for long. But as Eric Branch has already reported, it does not look good. Hunter did walk to the locker room under his own power, however, the look on his face exhibited pure anger and disappointment.

of fucking course

MechDX

So reading more on Andres return to the team, O Brien seems to have a lot to do with it. Had a meeting with AJ last Friday along with Godsey (QB coach) and McNair. broke down how the offense would feature him including heavy targets in the red zone. Something Kubiak never did. Texans in red zone meant instant hand offs to foster and quick outs to the TE's.

Rappaport also reported that AJ talked to McNair about life after he retires and a job with the team.

Fact is O Brien handled this whole situation REALLY well. Unlike another coach from the Belichick tree, McDaniels. Didn't he have issues with Cutler and just traded him off and drafted Tebow in the first? BOB handled this with respect to Dre and just waited him out.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No pads.

That probably factored into the front 7 not looking that hot.

Yep. If the front 7 is making plays in helmets and shorts, the offensive line just doesn't know where they're supposed to be.

I'm going to give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt until we have the book on Ryan Shazier. He's been trying to get this faster more versatile defense off the ground for a few years but it got blown out with Spence's knee. I love the concept of being able to attack anything with the base 3-4 but he has to get it working first.

I actually think that he and LeBeau are thinking about building a hybrid defense that will work out of a base nickel. They ran a ton of that package last year, but were lacking the athletes to do it. It's going to be a work in progress, as there's still some missing pieces and the young guys (Shazier, Shamarko, Tuitt etc) need to get up to speed.

Anyway after 3 hours of traffic I decided to stop by Target to get some food, and went to the video game section. They have a sale ending tomorrow night that if you buy an Xbox One you get a $50 Target gift card. After checking for similar sales I decided the One at $350 was hard to beat. Although starting Sunday interestingly enough the dude at Target said Target is doing sales for both PS4 and Wii U. I think the Wii U one was a $20 gift card (I don't quite remember) and the PS4 sale is $30 off PSN. That deal is pretty good and is why I'm holding onto my receipt. By Sunday I'll make my decision but I had to jump on the $50 Gift Card Xbone deal.

So as of right now an Xbox One is in my possession but I still haven't made up my mind (even though I'm leaning toward the Xbox One).

Good man Kas, my gamertag is bumcrease so add me once you do the right thing and fire up the xbone.

Top Bottom