• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

MechDX

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/10-observations-day-1-texans-camp

1. Linebackers coach Mike Vrabel looks like he could probably give the Texans a few snaps per game in the upcoming season. At the end of Saturday’s practice in the 90-degree-plus heat, Vrabel joined the team to run sprints.

Reporter to Whitney Mercilus: “Ever have a coach run sprints with you?”

Mercilus: “No, but I bet you Mike Vrabel would do that.”

Reporter: “He did today.”

Mercilus: “Oh yeah? I didn’t even see that. I was way over on the other end. He’s definitely an energetic guy.”

:jnc

rando14

I don't buy it, personally. Played hurt all last year and still averaged 4.2 YPC and had over 900 yards. Wasn't quite as explosive but from all accounts his ankles are back to 100% and his knee is just fine now so I expect him to take the #1 role back. I love Fred-Ex, but he's the oldest RB in the NFL, having CJ on the team makes us far better than not having him, unless we get ridiculous compensation, I can't see the purpose in trading him.

Maybe the hawks can trade for Spiller, I mean Lynch doesn't wanna be here and that trade worked out well for us so maybe we can get lucky twice!!

jbug617

Banned
The Earth
BtgKWR1IQAES6xe.jpg

Spades

What's the deal with Fantasy Football GAF this season? I'll join again but only if the draft time is a bit more favourable for UK folk - it was about 2am last season for me, which would've been fine on Friday or Saturday but it was Sunday.

Konka

Banned
What's the deal with Fantasy Football GAF this season? I'll join again but only if the draft time is a bit more favourable for UK folk - it was about 2am last season for me, which would've been fine on Friday or Saturday but it was Sunday.

There are lots of different fantasy leagues. More should pop up.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-med...-micd-up/1197deec-e085-4985-a2f6-37cb8a80c047

How did I miss this from OTA's!? O Brien mic'ed up and holy shit he is the anti-Kubiak. Seriously, good shit.

Repeats plays until they get it right. How many coaches do that in practice? I've been reading Caldwell doesn't repeat anything, whereas last year Jim Schwartz did. His argument being that you don't get repeats in a game. But...in practice you're practicing for the game, so shouldn't you repeat plays until you get it right? At least initially?

MechDX

Repeats plays until they get it right. How many coaches do that in practice? I've been reading Caldwell doesn't repeat anything, whereas last year Jim Schwartz did. His argument being that you don't get repeats in a game. But...in practice you're practicing for the game, so shouldn't you repeat plays until you get it right? At least initially?

Staffords choice. No repeats in practice and Cheesy Gordita Nights.

squicken

Full JFF quote. Fill your heart with love, mech, not hate

"Here's the thing I want to say,'' he said, determined to set everyone straight on the topic once and for all. "The reason that I'm popular or the reason people follow me and there's been such a buzz around me is that when I went out on Saturdays at Texas A&M, I played with an extreme amount of passion and I played with my heart on my sleeve.

"But more than anything, I had fun. I have fun playing this game. I have fun going out on this field playing football. It's what I live for, it's what I do. Same way off the field, whether I'm going out and playing golf or going out and having a night life, whatever it is, I have a lot of fun. That's what my life is and luckily for me, I'm living out my dream of playing in the NFL and having a ton of fun.

"My dream has come true and finally I got some time to get some down time and celebrate that with my family and friends. This is the greatest life that I could have ever imagined for me and I'm loving that. So will I continue to get better at being a professional and learn lessons about life? Of course.

"I'm 21 years old and age is not an excuse, but I need to mature and I have done some immature things but moving forward I'm going to try and mature and get better and handle myself better as a professional that's really all I can say about that.

"But my life is incredible. I'm blessed to be in this position and I'm going to have fun each and every day, whether it's practice, whether it's training camp, whether it's during the season and going out and playing the game, which will be even better or it's going out in the offseason and playing golf or hanging out with my family. Life's fun and enjoy it while it's here."

Mech is a phony. At one point he wanted JFF. On twitter he has a pic of Sumlin and Manziel and his caption is something along the lines of "why not both?"
big-phony.jpg

MechDX

Full JFF quote. Fill your heart with love, mech, not hate

Yeah riiiiiiiiight......

BsBwQAUCIAE6IqF.jpg

/argument

Mech is a phony. At one point he wanted JFF. On twitter he has a pic of Sumlin and Manziel and his caption is something along the lines of "why not both?"
big-phony.jpg

Well sometimes you just give in to the darkness and accept what seems inevitable. Then a light shines and clears your mind so you don't give into madness.

So I'm perusing my timeline and see this tweet:

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 7m
Philly Brown and Cason fielding punts #pantherstc

iranmaybe.png

and then I see:

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 4m
Antoine Cason just fumbled a punt with no one within 50 yards of him.

tumblr_lso6d2OLz21r0byljo1_250.gif

Theodore, come back. We'll pay you all teh moniez you could want!

Also Tyler Gaffney (Stanford RB of ambiguous ethnicity) went off on crutches and Byron Bell is starting at right tackle.

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 5m
Derek Anderson deep middle to Kelvin Benjamin, who beats Benwikere for the score. Made it look easy.

Apparently Cam's been struggling with his timing on routes with these receivers today.

Do I smell a QB controversy in the wings?

eznark

Banned
My buddy works for them and hypes them up from time to time, they seem to have some old ESPN retreads like Michael Kim but I can't really vouch for the quality.

Just watched one segment. Some guy wearing a fedora pulled down over his ears said the Packers have the worst receivers in the NFC and some Asian guy laughed at him. It looked like cable access.

Deleted.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah we should totally trade our receivers for whatever Carolina has out on the field.

I mean...if you want to.

We'll even take that bum Fraudgers off your hands for the trouble.

Meanwhile,

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 3m
And now Barner joins the PR crew of dropped punts. #pantherstc

Everyone who has attempted to catch punts today has dropped at least one, with the exception of DE Charles Johnson.

CJ for punt returns?

eznark

Banned
Yeah we should totally trade our receivers for whatever Carolina has out on the field.

I just hope he stays healthy. Let's start with that.
He also said that if the Packers still had James Jones they would be one of the best.

Whoever the fuck that random fedora dude is, he is a dumber fuck than anyone on ESPN.

Top Bottom