• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ALLEN PARK -- In practice, Detroit Lions cornerback Bill Bentley has the look of a play-maker.

The third-year defensive back, who projects as the team's starting nickelback, glides through the short and intermediate areas of the field, reads and reacts well, and gets his hands on a fair share of passes.

Success on Sundays has come slower for the team's 2012 third-round pick out of Louisiana-Lafayette, but there were signs things were coming together for Bentley in the second half of the 2013 season.

This offseason, Bentley has had to prove himself to a new coaching staff with a new defensive scheme. He also needs to fend off rookie Nevin Lawson for playing time in nickel packages, but the young veteran holds a clear edge in that competition heading into training camp later this month.

"Confidence goes up when you get more comfortable," Bentley said following the team's final minicamp practice last month. "Not comfortable in yourself, but comfortable in your new scheme. I've gone through it with the OTAs, I've gone through it in minicamp, so I'm seeing more things. You just know what you're doing and you're just playing fast."

Things should be coming more quickly to Bentley entering his third year, the season where everything is supposed to click for young cornerbacks. Earlier this offseason, general manager Martin Mayhew said if a defensive back isn't getting it by year three, they're probably never going to get it.

Been hearing great things about Darius Slay, but its great too see Bently making strides. If we can have one of these dudes become a legitmate #1 DB I do not see a weakness on our team on paper. Whether we're talking about offensive line, defensive line, linebacking corp, QUARTERBACK etc.

Beyond staying healthy, Bentley will also be looking for his first interception as a professional after letting a couple slip through his fingers last season. He believes the Lions' new scheme will put him, and the team's other cornerbacks, in position to create turnovers.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/07/detroit_lions_cb_bill_bentley_12.html

Why even bring this up Detroit media? Bringing the past up will not help with the Restoration of the Roar. We need too move forward.

ShaneB

If anyone wants to watch me play some mediocre Madden 08 PC, I'll be streaming a league game soon. Come cheer my Falcons on against the stinking Giants! You can watch HERE. Will be starting in a few minutes.

Konka

Banned
The Furry Convention is in town!

7412155798_be09f0738b_n.jpg

52.jpg

Anthrocon-7.jpg

anthrocon-pittsburgh-furries-flickr-Xydexx-Squeakypony.jpg

furries2.jpeg

124.jpg

Things I've learned in this thread....

Ez is still a bitter old racist yelling at clouds.

Gata likes to connect with women on an ancestral level.

Some of you eat some really disgusting shit.

Kas lives in a constant state of delirium.

Bionic has a new house to fill with Jordan memorabilia.

JABEE

You are very perceptive.

JABEE

Cool.

Not now though, going to bed in a bit. Maybe tomorrow before the WC game or something.

I like it when the people I play suck. It makes me feel like a god.

Darkest Red for instance is too good, it stresses me out.
I'll have to see what's going on tomorrow! It's America's Party! Family stuff.

Godslay

Banned
I should quit this website.

Trust me, I've considered it. I try to stay away from the OT and Gaming for the most part because I guess I don't understand people well enough. I'm typically a laid back, live and let live person, but GAF has made me question human behavior and thought processes at times.

anyone up for some MK tonight? you know the time.... 7 pm pst! hopefully we can get enough people

I should really spend sometime and unlock everything. Felt woefully outclassed, considering I've only finished some of the 100cc cups.

Trust me, I've considered it. I try to stay away from the OT and Gaming for the most part because I guess I don't understand people well enough. I'm typically a laid back, live and let live person, but GAF has made me question human behavior and thought processes at times.

I just hope GAF has a real specific audience and that it doesn't represent the rest of the world.

Spinluck

GAF can be really cool, but really fucking weird or terrible at times.

This is still the best video game board, and this is the best football thread on all of the internet.

I guess it's not that hard to do when the competition is shitty.

Konka

Banned
GAF can be really cool, but really fucking weird or terrible at times.

This is still the best video game board, and this is the best football thread on all of the internet.

I guess it's not that hard to do when the competition is shitty.

You kids and your vidya games.

Syrinx

Flight got cancelled. So after spending most of today at an airport, I have to spend 'Murica Day flying and getting stuck in traffic after I arrive in New York. Which really is the most American thing there is when you think about it.

Spinluck

Yeah, some of the posters in this thread are really creeping me out. NSFW or Life for that matter.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849095

............ Well then.

Lol, who knew putting your forum behind a no free email addresses wall would only attract creeps like this or Gata who somehow has an email address that isn't AOL or yahoo.

Watched it for the first time last month and was glad to see how great it was. Felt dumb for not catching the part at the beginning of this clip though!

Lol, there seems to be a lot great movies you are just now seeing. Aren't you a part of the 50/50 movies and book thread? I wanted to do that but have school. Maybe when I'm done with that and only have work to worry about. Do you still find time for your animu?

Konka

Banned
............ Well then.

Lol, who knew putting your forum behind a no free email addresses wall would only attract creeps like this or Gata who somehow has an email address that isn't AOL or yahoo.

Lol, there seems to be a lot great movies you are just now seeing. Aren't you a part of the 50/50 movies and book thread? I wanted to do that but have school. Maybe when I'm done with that and only have work to worry about. Do you still find time for your animu?

Why do you people even look at the gaming side? If it were possible I'd delete it from even being visible.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Flight got cancelled. So after spending most of today at an airport, I have to spend 'Murica Day flying and getting stuck in traffic after I arrive in New York. Which really is the most American thing there is when you think about it.

Which airport are you at?

4th of July is overrated anyway. Too much drinking and checkpoints. Screw that.

You forgot about my book or I haven't reminded you all shamelessly enough.

Narag

I stopped watching most stuff for a while and am now playing catchup like a jakncoke. Did something stupid like watch 65 movies last December since work was killing me and I'd come home not feeling like doing anything else.

And I make time for the animu! For real though, I've always been streaky about my hobbies, never successfully balancing them but usually overindulging in a particular one for a while to the detriment of others.

Top Bottom