• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

I'm gaining weight from going to the gym. I ain't about that cardio life and it's showing. Even with me eating less and not drinking soda.

Cardio is the best brah.

Nah breh

I do a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill or one of those rowing things and that's enough cardio for me. It's just so boring.

At least the lifting and stuff is fun, making it a competition with my friends. I'm the king of the shoulder stuff.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
AmericaFuckYeah.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Nah breh

I do a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill or one of those rowing things and that's enough cardio for me. It's just so boring.

At least the lifting and stuff is fun, making it a competition with my friends. I'm the king of the shoulder stuff.

Buy a stationary bike to use while watching tv ? Ive been thinking about doing that lol

ShaneB

I went to the gym every day this week! #JackedCentral

Now I'm gonna bake an apple pie to counter that.

Nice work bud. I try and go at least 3/4 times a week. 3 usually, and 4 in the summer when I go on the weekends.. which doesn't happen much during football season when Sundays are occupied.

Konka

Banned
Nah breh

I do all my running outside, not a big fan of treadmills.

jakncoke

Banned
You guys pumped for the hotdog eating contest? I bet they're going to eat dozens of hot dogs, just watch!

That'd be cool if Matt Stoni won, I remember watching his youtube vids before he started joining and competing with the best. Pretty crazy how far he has risen. And amazing that you can make money by eating a shit ton of food lol

Bread

Banned
That'd be cool if Matt Stoni won, I remember watching his youtube vids before he started joining and competing with the best. Pretty crazy how far he has risen. And amazing that you can make money by eating a shit ton of food lol
Lol jak you're such a casual fan! Go chestnut! Eat those dogs! Eat the most you can eat at once for America!

I should look into that.

Bruhhsss do the cardio.

Gata quit being a thug.

What do you do for Cardio? You work at a gym right?

Buy a stationary bike to use while watching tv ? Ive been thinking about doing that lol

Those things never work, they will just be eating dust after a year. Plus I live close by to my gym, so would be a bit of a waste. Haha

Nice work bud. I try and go at least 3/4 times a week. 3 usually, and 4 in the summer when I go on the weekends.. which doesn't happen much during football season when Sundays are occupied.

Good stuf. I didn't go for like 3 weeks with my tests and all, but I finally have some free time so I'm working my butt off now.

I do all my running outside, not a big fan of treadmills.

Well I play some soccer from time to time, but the season is over right now. I play with friends as well, but not that often with test re-sits and all.

I only run on my way to the gym.

My cardio consists of swimming at the gym and playing soccer.

What kind of soccer? Competitive stuff or just with friends? Favorite position?

Spinluck

Nah breh

Man fuck weight lifting.

I have tried and tried but it's so boring, and I'm too weak to stay determined to do it. I'll just stick to push ups and pull ups and shit now. I can do that all from home too, with no extra equipment except for the iron gym.

I don't need to get buff, just need to maintain my shape, and have a nice chest and abs for the ladies! I admit it is a little bit more fun with my friends, but they all hate running so fuck them.

Man fuck weight lifting.

I have tried and tried but it's so boring, and I'm too weak to stay determined to do it. I'll just stick to push ups and pull ups and shit now. I can do that all from home too, with no extra equipment except for the iron gym.

I don't need to get buff, just need to maintain my shape, and have a nice chest and abs for the ladies! I admit it is a little bit more fun with my friends, but they all hate running so fuck them.

If you lift you will get a better defined chest and abs, and trust me ladies love to feel your arms and you don't want them to touch some noodle arms.

Joking on the last part. I used to be the same way as you when I started lifting a year ago - then I thought why not both?

Godslay

Banned
Man fuck weight lifting.

Always thought it looked like a waste of time, but Yoga is the truth. Functional strength. Add in some cardio and you are all set.

jakncoke

Banned
Man fuck weight lifting.

Get some dumbbells and just do dumbell exercises while you're watching tv. Thats the extent of my weight lifting lol

Always thought it looked like a waste of time, but Yoga is the truth. Functional strength. Add in some cardio and you are all set.

Yoga always sounds like a fantastic workout, but I don't know where I can do it. Plus I don't know if it's weird (or amazing) with all the random housewives

Yeah just with friends for now, looking to get into an indoor league during the winter.

I usually play GK or FB.

Man, indoor soccer wrecks you. That's even more short bursts of energy.

What do you mean with FB?

Dragon

Banned
Nah breh

When I move in August, I'm going to be 2.5 miles from the office so I'm planning to walk. I agree that cardio is fucking boring, is there anywhere you can walk to? That can add up over time. When I was really in shape I was walking five miles a day, and doing P90X six days a week.

Godslay

Banned
Yoga always sounds like a fantastic workout, but I don't know where I can do it. Plus I don't know if it's weird (or amazing) with all the random housewives

Man, indoor soccer wrecks you. That's even more short bursts of energy.

What do you mean with FB?

I just do it at home now. My wife has practiced and taught Yoga for a long time now so she got my started on the basics, now I just do the Ultimate Yogi program. It's sort of a P90X of Yoga, with good production values, a schedule, and varied forms. A good beginner video or class would get you started enough to transition to that program or something similar. In my experience there are always other dudes in the class, especially if you do it somewhere like the YMCA (although I'm not sure what that would be in your area). You would think that the power yoga stuff would wreck you, but it's the extended, slow stuff that will grind you down to dust.

As far as cardio, I just walk/run on the treadmill or ride my spinbike. I'll read or watch Netflix on the treadmill, or play games while on the bike. Kills the monotony.

MRSA

Banned
Freedom mother fuckers, embrace it, praise it.

I wouldn't limit Gata's liberties, hell, I'd even fight for his liberties.

ShaneB

When you do cardio just imagine all the sweet titties that will flock to you because of your amazing in shape body.

Go to a gym and look at the bodies of people who do nothing but cardio, then go and look at the bodies of those doing lifting/strength training in addition to cardio......

Konka

Banned
Go to a gym and look at the bodies of people who do nothing but cardio, then go and look at the bodies of those doing lifting/strength training in addition to cardio......

I've tried strength training I just flat out don't enjoy it in any way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've tried strength training I just flat out don't enjoy it in any way.

It takes a while to catch on in some people. I forced myself through it for a couple months and then a switch flipped.

It is nowhere near as addicting as running can be, however.

Top Bottom