• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A country that exists by accident (it's true, most Belgians don't know why Belgium is a thing) and is known for European made Fords and waffles versus the bastion of hope and freedom to the whole world.

Choose carefully.

Spinluck

A country that exists by accident (it's true, most Belgians don't know why Belgium is a thing) and is known for European made Fords and waffles versus the bastion of hope and freedom to the whole world.

Choose carefully.

They exist to lose to us this world cup.

'Merica.

Milchjon

Belgian fries > Freedom fries
Belgian waffles > American waffles
Belgian chocolate >>>> American crap
Belgian beer...

Well shit, rooting for the US I guess.

Who's this asshole on Belgium with the huge afro!! I don't like him!!

Marouane Fellaini. He's a cunt, it's cool to not like him.

Also, Bradley always with the low percentage passes. Great stuff.

Edit: Pace of this game is fucking brutal, gonna come down to conditioning if they keep this up.

Jesus fucking christ, who fucked up on midfield there? Every defender was hanging out on Belgium their side of the pitch and it was wide fucking open. Lucky to not concede one there.

How the fuck is the left side wide open every single time?

So worried about Hazard that they have a guy on him one-on-one and let everybody else that bothers to come there on the left flank run free?

Belgium also has some great aerial threats, have to stop it with these corners.

squicken

Belgians are just more skilled. Same issue for the US where they can't maintain possession. They'll eventually give up a goal

It was wide open on the counter there, and he lobs it up in the air with no clear destination. Ball traveled forever. Way to ruin it.

Sanjuro

My god. This ice cold beer is making soccer seem amazing right now.

Sweating running around from place to place on campus.

these last 2 minutes show why i could never seriously watch soccer. US has the ball, guy 1 passes to guy 2. guy 2 passes back to guy 1. guy 1 passes to guy 3. guy 3 passes back to guy 1. guy 1 passes back to guy 3 again. guy 3 passes to guy 4, ball goes out of bounds. all of this taking place while never really going forward

Narag

these last 2 minutes show why i could never seriously watch soccer. US has the ball, guy 1 passes to guy 2. guy 2 passes back to guy 1. guy 1 passes to guy 3. guy 3 passes back to guy 1. guy 1 passes back to guy 3 again. guy 3 passes to guy 4, ball goes out of bounds. all of this taking place while never really going forward

Swi5oeV.gif

Spinluck

I never look at it as just moving forward but trying to create chances and opportunities. Kind of like a real time chess match. Sometimes penetrating a good defense takes more patience, it seems.

I never look at it as just moving forward but trying to create chances and opportunities. Kind of like a real time chess match. Sometimes penetrating a good defense takes more patience, it seems.

i get that there is strategy to it and i'm sure they are doing the things they do for good reason but it just gets boring to me

Yedlin coming on has been a gift for the US. Hazard isn't gonna bother defending, so he has a free pass all over the right flank, and he has the pace to recover when Hazard does get possession. Wonder how long he's able to do that though.

Sanjuro

Wow. They couldn't even get a single goal? What a fucking embarrassment.

So, because of this tie, does that mean it's better than another seeded team doing the same?

Spinluck

i get that there is strategy to it and i'm sure they are doing the things they do for good reason but it just gets boring to me

I can understand that. What's worse is that it can come down to PTs.

they look much more skilled than us. :-(

That half we were playing to survive till 2nd half, not to win lol.

How? Portugal lost because they got beat worse. If they tied instead of a loss, would they have advanced?

Portugal would have advanced had they tied Germany in the group stage. You get 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. Germany ended with 7 points (2 wins, 1 tie), USA and Portugal had 4 points (1 win, 1 tie, 1 loss) and Ghana had 1 point (1 tie, 2 losses). The US advanced over Portugal because the goal difference was better. They scored more goals and conceded less than Portugal.

This is the knock-out part of the tournament. Need a win to advance, you lose and you go home. They play 90 minutes of this, if it's still tied they play two 15 minute halves, still tied after that they take penalties to decide who wins.

Top Bottom