• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

jbug617

Banned
Guess who is back.

@AlbertBreer: Per agent Pat Dye, Rolando McClain does indeed plan to play for Dallas in 2014. Which means he's out of retirement.

This giant bomb are evil white monsters thing is like 10,000,000x more action packed than soccer.

That is dominating twitter right now. Did you see Leigh Alexander pop off before she delete the tweet?

Sanjuro

Portugal would have advanced had they tied Germany in the group stage. You get 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. Germany ended with 7 points (2 wins, 1 tie), USA and Portugal had 4 points (1 win, 1 tie, 1 loss) and Ghana had 1 points (1 tie, 2 losses). The US advanced over Portugal because the goal difference was better. They scored more goals and conceded less than Portugal.

This is the knock-out part of the tournament. Need a win to advance, you lose and you go home. They play 90 minutes of this, if it's still tied they play two 15 minute halves, still tied after that they take penalties to decide who wins.

Okay. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if this game even mattered.

I still think the point difference is silly though.

Sanjuro

Guys. I'm using that Tinder thing and it's more entertaining than this soccer game.

The girls on tinder here are way too hot for their own good. That being said, I've ended up with two of them after using it for a few weeks.

Hahahaha

This is why I love you, San.

I grew up around the sport without ever understanding it. I probably have a better grasp of what it means to people than most, but there was just never a direct outlet. Red Sox were the priority.

Also, Pele was a shithead. So fuck him apparently.

MRSA

Banned
The girls on tinder here are way too hot for their own good. That being said, I've ended up with two of them after using it for a few weeks.

I grew up around the sport without ever understanding it. I probably have a better grasp of what it means to people than most, but there was just never a direct outlet. Red Sox were the priority.

Also, Pele was a shithead. So fuck him apparently.

I just spam the like button, winning strategy.

Okay. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if this game even mattered.

I still think the point difference is silly though.

It's just a way to settle a tie breaker. Can't play another game because the amount of time they have is so limited, can't determine strength of schedule because they only play each other in the group.

Plus, it makes scoring goals (and not conceding them) even more important. If team A plays team B and C and beats them both with 5-0 and then plays team D and ties 1-1. And you have team 4 beating the same team 2 and 3 with 1-0. Then it would be safe to say that Team A did better than Team D right?

Sanjuro

It's just a way to settle a tie breaker. Can't play another game because the amount of time they have is so limited, can't determine strength of schedule because they only play each other in the group.

Plus, it makes scoring goals (and not conceding them) even more important. If team A plays team B and C and beats them both with 5-0 and then plays team D and ties 1-1. And you have team 4 beating the same team 2 and 3 with 1-0. Then it would be safe to say that Team A did better than Team D right?

I wouldn't say that. Garbage time scoring should never be accounted into another game.

I understand that restrictions, but if they wanted to make sense they would just disable ties for the whole tournament.

I wouldn't say that. Garbage time scoring should never be accounted into another game.

I understand that restrictions, but if they wanted to make sense they would just disable ties for the whole tournament.

They probably could do that, but would need to expand the roster. They can only take 23 players with them now and the games are played close to each other. If you would be forced to play three 120 minute games you would be dead before the knock-out part eve. Starts.

Fake edit: Got really lucky there guys

Sanjuro

I'm also eating a turkey burger. I kind of hate myself.

Only reason is in plan on having a double grilled cheese Berger later with dipping sauce.

rando14

ib0EnDBxLMfn3R.gif

US seems to be full of junk players aside from the goalie. lazy passes, lazy turnovers, doing nothing

US team is generally a bunch of workhorses. Have players like Dempsey and Bradley (No really, he's not rubbish despite what he's shown so far) that are good but by and large they're technically inferior but make up for it by being well organised and extremely fit.

Always produce decent goalies for whatever reason.

Seattle, say goodbye to Yedlin, cause all the Euro squads are gonna wanna buy him now.

This round of the WC has been so scoreless

During the knock-out rounds the teams have the tendency to play more conservative, maybe a reason why they score less (Plus some great goalkeeping as well).

Top Bottom