• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yankee is creating an FF league? How many managers? free or buy in?

Yankees' league is going to rival the shirtless league.

If the shirtless league is the "Premiere league" as Dutch calls it, Yankees' league is La Liga (the Spanish soccer league for you uncultured heathens).

We got Yankee, Spindasher, Sanjuro, me etc. Competition will be something fierce.

Also SMDH @ the Josh Gordon news. I wanted to trade for him to, thank the Football Gods we didn't do that. Dude needs to get help and come back in about two years like someone suggested. He's not done by any means. If Michael Vick can come back so can he. The point of no return is Aaron Hernandez.

Who is still a playable WR in Cleveland?
Despite the whole Gordon thing. The wr corpse actually looks better as a whole then it did a year ago. I won't let this change my expectations for the season. This is one year I'm going into not expecting a losing record

Tom Penny

Despite the whole Gordon thing. The wr corpse actually looks better as a whole then it did a year ago. I won't let this change my expectations for the season. This is one year I'm going into not expecting a losing records

Why would you subject yourself to that expectation?

Yankees' league is going to rival the shirtless league.

If the shirtless league is the "Premiere league" as Dutch calls it, Yankees' league is La Liga (the Spanish soccer league for you uncultured heathens).

We got Yankee, Spindasher, Sanjuro, me etc. Competition will be something fierce.

Also SMDH @ the Josh Gordon news. I wanted to trade for him to, thank the Football Gods we didn't do that. Dude needs to get help and come back in about two years like someone suggested. He's not done by any means. If Michael Vick can come back so can he. The point of no return is Aaron Hernandez.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Child pls

Kings of the GAF Fantasy Leagues. Is Sanjuro out of the Shirtless league to joing Yankee his league?

Brz8AETCQAAf9Uf.png

And that's missing 2 games last season and a slew of horrible QBs.

He's on his (at least) third offense. At some point the NFL, like every other major league, bans for life for certain amounts of failed tests. I think he's basically out of the league for a year, and then can apply to come back next season, but he's pretty much one more failed test away from being gone. At best his career's on life support.

Preparing for an NFL without Josh Gordon isn't exactly far-fetched at the moment, and even his own team is starting to do that now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He's on his (at least) third offense. At some point the NFL, like every other major league, bans for life for certain amounts of failed tests. I think he's basically out of the league for a year, and then can apply to come back next season, but he's pretty much one more failed test away from being gone. At best his career's on life support.

Preparing for an NFL without Josh Gordon isn't exactly far-fetched at the moment, and even his own team is starting to do that now.

Wow, its that bad? Even with those rules I if he shows remorse and can get to hanging out with the right crowd I think Goddell will reinstate him. Donte Stallworth killed a guy in a DUI accident and was let back into the league so I don't see why Gordon can't eventually. Also take into account his age. Guy is only 24, and I think most of us went through some problems like that around that age. I know I did, so that should be factored in.

Either way Josh fucked up. Such a waste of time and talent but some of us have to learn the hard way.

Just imagine what might have been.

Like, just imagine him catching like 2000 yards when he doesn't play any games this season either.

Imagine having one of the best RBs in the history of the NFL and having won 1 playoff game the 7 years you've had him.

Wow, its that bad? Even with those rules I if he shows remorse and can get to hanging out with the right crowd I think Goddell will reinstate him. Donte Stallworth killed a guy in a DUI accident and was let back into the league so I don't see why Gordon can't eventually. Also take into account his age. Guy is only 24, and I think most of us went through some problems like that around that age. I know I did, so that should be factored in.

Either way Josh fucked up. Such a waste of time and talent but some of us have to learn the hard way.

The big 4 leagues got so much hell for steroids years ago that they all decided to make their drug policies stricter than any other punishment policy. It's why Gordon's suspended at least a year for weed, while the Cowboys are at least considering plans to pick up Josh Brent ASAP once he's out of his mandatory 45 days of rehab after he just got released from prison for killing his teammate.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This page has been full of Lions, Vikings and Browns fans posting and fighting amongst ourselves.

The negativity is getting to me....I need something to keep me positive.....

10409782_10152497235103605_1406893526229191393_n.jpg

*Phew*

We have a franchise QB for the next decade.

Slo

When the Pats won the Super Bowl?

That would be the Browns last playoff appearance. A 11 year absence. Prior to that their last appearance was 1994, only an 8 year absence. Like a dormant volcano, the city of Cleveland is overdue for a one and done playoff appearance.

Browns hate
Lions hate

Why hate? You both have so much in common!

You'll both be viewing the playoffs on TV trying to figure out who to root for this time

That would be the Browns last playoff appearance. A 11 year absence. Prior to that their last appearance was 1994, only an 8 year absence. Like a dormant volcano, the city of Cleveland is overdue for a one and done playoff appearance.

Neither of our teams have won anything since before I was born so not really sure why you wanna talk shit lol.

Top Bottom