• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Told my sister I would help paint her new place today.

immediately-regret-this-decision.gif

Fox318

"team play" means jack shit. Everybody wants to be the Spurs - that means having one of the greatest to ever play the game of basketball, one of the best PGs in the league, an all-star coming off the bench, and talent coming out of every single position in the starting lineup and off the bench. San Antonio won the title because they were the most talented team in the league. Not because of some mythical concept of team play that can be copied around the league (because it can't).

The idea that the Knicks will be a better team because they lose Melo is laughable (or as you're insinuating pass up Melo + Lebron) - but they should let him go and properly rebuild from the ground up though.

The team the Knicks need to look at is the Pacers. They built through the draft and developed talent.

If Bird hadn't traded Danny Granger that team would have beat the heat.

Knicks made every move to appease Melo. They got rid of Lin, they got JR Smith, they fired their head coach for another coach who's agency represented Melo. They made everymove to appease one guy. Then Dolan got even more involved and fired their GM and placed the most useless sack of shit in pro basketball in Steve Mills.

They traded picks for this:

ibqalf2ADnObOt.gif

They traded Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Quentin Richardson (via a sign-and-trade), a first-round pick in 2016 and second-round selections in 2014 and 2017 fior that fucking useless piece of shit.

Knicks would be better if they lose Melo just like the team with Stat and Gallo were playing good ball back in the day.

Knicks need to tank but instead they are gonna try and make a go for it because people see the east as soft as butter.

Plus now I have to watch a player I couldn't fucking stand coach the team now.

If you could keep Cam Newton or Gio Bernard in fantasy, who would you keep?
Cam. Don't think Bernard will ever be a feature back. Jeremy Hill is there now too looking to take carries besides Green ellis. I figure Hill will eventually see a major amount of carries, and I see Gio as more of a compliment and pass catcher there.
But don't think he would see enough targets to be a sproles

....but that's just me

jakncoke

Banned
If you could keep Cam Newton or Gio Bernard in fantasy, who would you keep?

Without knowing your scoring system, would say Cam. RB lifespans are short and pretty sure there some stats to back up the following statement. That more and more teams are running less in general and looking more towards 2 back systems than the 300+ carry back.

bionic77

:jnc

Let's go around and state who we're too scared to meet.

Mine would be Gata for obvious reasons
If it were a public place and no guns were allowed I would not be afraid to meet eznark.

I would not meet him in the woods at night when he had his hunting knife and rifle for all the money, breasteses and Steeler championships in the world though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
According to WRAL Sports, the Browns wide receiver was driving a Cadillac Escalade registered to Hornets first-round pick P.J. Hairston when he was stopped for DWI in Raleigh N.C. early Saturday morning.

The plot thickens.

bionic77

Bionic what are your thoughts as a Laker fan on FIsher?

As a head coach suit and as a player.
He was a clutch role player who was useful in the early 2000s but he was not well suited to the pick and roll era that seemed to be ushered in by the Tony Parkers of the world. He was way to slow to defend a guard with the slightest amount of athleticism. And while he was clutch he was still not as good as a 3 point shooter and he should have been considering he was always wide open.

That said I will always think fondly of him because he was associated with so many great Laker moments (contributing to some of them) and he was a great teammate and locker room presence.

As a coach I think that would be a mistake. I don't like players transitioning immediately to head coaching jobs. They should start as assistants and work their way up. It is too much to take on to immediately become a head coach. I mean he might end up being a great coach but if he were to be he needs some reps and to learn from someone else.

Spades

Cam. Don't think Bernard will ever be a feature back. Jeremy Hill is there now too looking to take carries besides Green ellis. I figure Hill will eventually see a major amount of carries, and I see Gio as more of a compliment and pass catcher there.
But don't think he would see enough targets to be a sproles

....but that's just me

Without knowing your scoring system, would say Cam. RB lifespans are short and pretty sure there some stats to back up the following statement. That more and more teams are running less in general and looking more towards 2 back systems than the 300+ carry back.

Damn, I'd pretty much decided to stick with Gio! I just don't see who Cam is throwing TD's to this season. I know Peyton is going to be available so I was going to stick with Gio and then go all out (we run an auction) on picking up Peyton.

Good to hear your thoughts though.

Another thing a friend discovered: The last three Lions seasons, a tale of two halves.

First Half:

2011 6-2
2012 4-4
2013 5-3

Second Half:

2011 4-4
2012 0-8
2013 2-6

Last year they only needed one more win to make the playoffs.

bionic77

Kids today are pampered. I had Battletoads and a kid and guess what, couldn't beat it then and I can't beat it now.
I never owned Battletoads is it really that hard?

As I got older I found most NES games to be pretty easy as long as you didn't have Gatas IQ or skills. Most of the games had patterns that were pretty easy to discern and beat with some practice. There was a time I could beat Castlevania 1 and Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 without getting hit.

The only NES game I owned and tried to beat that I could not was Ghosts and Goblins. I could never clear the last level before the boss. I made it to the top many times only to die from those flying demons.

I suck at games these days though. But I feel like I could be good at them again with not too much practice. They are just video games and they are designed to be beaten. Its not like turning the Lions into a respectable franchise.

bionic77

I played it recently...it's way, way harder than I remember. I'm just going to go ahead and say it's impossible for a human being to beat.
Wish me or my best friend had that game in college or afterwords. That sounds like an interesting challenge!

I wonder if it is harder than Ghosts and Goblins?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wish me or my best friend had that game in college or afterwords. That sounds like an interesting challenge!

I got through the first half of Ghosts and Goblins...you know, where you think you're about to beat the game. Never even got close in Battletoads....lol.

bionic77

Battletoads is legendary for it's difficulty.
I just googled it and apparently it is considered harder than gNg because it has limited continues (though both seem to be considered the hardest non-broken games on the NES).

I will say that the NES was not for pussies but if you could actually beat one of the harder games you felt awesome for the next few hours. It is probably what you feel like right after winning a Superbowl or having sex with that girl in True Detective that FMT wants to defecate on him with the big titties.

Konka

Banned

It's even harder playing 2 player because you have to split any extra life chances and its hard enough getting 1 person through the level let alone two at the same time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is the nightly Mario Kart thing still going? We had a good bit going before I left for vacation.

Crisco

Banned
So I was in Vegas this past weekend, and you're telling me I could have snorted coke in a club bathroom with Johnny Fucking Football? Fuck my life, series of near misses.

Dragon

Banned
So I was in Vegas this past weekend, and you're telling me I could have snorted coke in a club bathroom with Johnny Fucking Football? Fuck my life, series of near misses.

I mean if you're just missing the coke part, I'm sure you could go to any bathroom in any club in any city and find someone doing that.

bionic77

Speaking of NES games that reminds me of something. I have to sue Sony and MS for stealing my idea of making a video of a game to show to your friends.

I specifically remember having my cousin stand behind me with a giant ass VHS camera (probably bigger than the average house in florida) to videotape when I beat certain video games so I could show to my friends later on (believe it or not I was a virgin when this occurred!).

Sony and MS obviously stole this idea from 80s bionic77.

I want to sue both of them but only MS has money so I am going to focus my efforts on them even though Sony is just as if not more in the wrong.

Top Bottom