• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Looks like Tlou remaster has a cross multi player feature with ps3.

On a side not anyone join the main Gaf Destiny clan? Kinda reluctant to join for some reason. Rather play with a smaller group like you guys. But idk might still join

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I will never cheer for the Bills.

NEVER!

No one here would blame you for switching to the Bills. That's like going from hot garbage to medical waste. Or something.

nfl_u_stafford_bl_400jnqnz.jpg

I'm in!

:jnc

Already getting good use!

Mindlog

Looks like Tlou remaster has a cross multi player feature with ps3.

On a side not anyone join the main Gaf Destiny clan? Kinda reluctant to join for some reason. Rather play with a smaller group like you guys. But idk might still join
I haven't yet. No rush. I like playing with friends/internet associates, but PS4 really needs the option to appear offline.

Really liked the Alpha though.

effzee

Asking here since there seems to be a concentrated group of adults here:

Any big advantages or disadvantages of leasing a car?

Basically got offered a new job which I took (as I mentioned a few weeks back) but its going to be a far enough and inconvenient enough that I won't be able to take public transportation. Going to need to add a car to the family which sucks since I had no intention of getting one anytime soon.

Considering my options between leasing or buying a used certified. Any strong opinions one way or another?

Spinluck

My bday was great, spent most with the least annoying people in my life. My family was already down here for the 4th so it worked out well, and my best friends came over. We went out to eat and saw a movie, me and my friends are having a night out Saturday though since Monday's suck.

It was a fun day though, played some trivia games and Mario Kart (it is not as good at 30 frames per second but still enjoyable). My youngest brother didn't wanna leave, so I let him borrow my Wii U and all the games with it lol. Little fucker.

TGI Friday's actually.

Based food based Xia threads.

rando14

Shake what are you studying man!!

My bday was great, spent most with the least annoying people in my life. My family was already down here for the 4th so it worked out well, and my best friends came over. We went out to eat and saw a movie, me and my friends are having a night out Saturday though since Monday's suck.

It was a fun day though, played some trivia games and Mario Kart (it is not as good at 30 frames per second but still enjoyable). My youngest brother didn't wanna leave, so I let him borrow my Wii U and all the games with it lol. Little fucker.

DUDE I'm so glad you had a good time!!

rando14

Holy shit petroleum engineering is legit as fuck, best of luck man. *brofist

A few of my friends did that in college, they all have houses and drive nice cars now!!

Greg

Based food based Xia threads.
wooooo, that's awesome

and you're a good brother

I have to ban myself from gaf during fall/spring semesters

school is hard :(
it's ok, I still love you

effzee

Lease is good if you don't plan on keeping the car.

Yeah leaning that way but for some reason since I have never leased before, I keep thinking somehow its a rip off.

Don't want to commit to owning a new car with the change in career, new baby, and a lot of stuff up in air.

Basically got offered a new job which I took (as I mentioned a few weeks back) but its going to be a far enough and inconvenient enough that I won't be able to take public transportation. Going to need to add a car to the family which sucks since I had no intention of getting one anytime soon.

Considering my options between leasing or buying a used certified. Any strong opinions one way or another?

I always get all my cars through Craigslist, it's a bit of a pain to do so, cause folks lie and you gotta like have that sharp eye out make sure you're not getting hustled but times are tough and you tend to find some real gems at affordable prices. My whole family has been picking up cars via Craigslist since at least 2006, never been burnt. Just gotta do your homework.

Also it's likely I'll be getting a WiiU soon brehs! I'll be able to join in the MarioKart Madness!

How far are you talking? I'm sure you know most leases have a 10-12k a year mile limit and charge you usually 25c a mile for every mile over. Doesn't sound like much but it can add up. That and they will also overcharge you for every little dumb cosmetic thing they can find exterior or interior. Are you rough on cars?

I recently ran into a friend of mine who's studying in Baltimore. I ask him "so how accurate is The Wire?" He replied... very accurate.

I'm starting to see it now....

In other news our #3 WR just PUT A RING ON IT!

Did wussle take a ring off it yet? He should collaborate with drake and Kanye to come up with some shitty guys anthem about divorcing your wife before you get paid

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Happy belated birthday Spin.

Interesting article about Suh and his humble, laid back personality.

With Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh entering the final year of his rookie contract, every twist and turn in the relationship between player and team serves as a potential clue regarding the future.

When it comes to Suh’s failure to show up for much of the Detroit offseason program in Jim Caldwell’s first year as head coach, the second overall pick in the 2010 draft says not much should be read into his decision to not be around.

“I’m there when everyone reports,” Suh told John Canzano of the Oregonian. “I like being in my own niche and by myself. I have my trainers here [in Portland]. I get 1-on-1 attention. I have every ounce of this campus to myself. My coaches have been here. I’ve probably talked with our head coach more than just about any player on the team.”

Talking to the coach is one thing. Emerging as a leader on a team devoid of many is another. But if Caldwell hopes Suh to step up and hold others accountable, Caldwell may not want to hold his breath or any other bodily function.

“I’m naturally an introvert,” Suh said. “I’ve always been kind of to myself, and in my own world. I have a small group of friends. I’ve always been that way. I’ve always been super quiet. I like to be that way.”

The interview with Canzano doesn’t address whether Suh likes to be a Lion, and more importantly whether he’ll remain a Lion beyond 2014. With a cap number north of $22 million, the Lions won’t use the franchise tag next year, since keeping him for 2015 would exceed $26 million. Without a new contract, he’ll hit the open market in March.

Which means that the introvert could be exporting himself to a new team.

It's interesting we have three of the best players in the NFL on our team. Megatron is the best WR in the game, Suh is at the very least the best defensive lineman in the league and Stafford is a Top 5 QB who is only 26.

All three of them are extremely humble and don't go out seeking media attention. Especially Stafford and Megatron. Suh will go do more interviews but I could care less if he doesn't show up for involuntary workouts because his training regiment has too be one of the best in the league.

Oh yeah and the Slingin' Staffords' about to about to run the SiF League. Shirtless can't hang with us.

Week 1 SiF League, whoever Percy Harvin a Migraine is, GOOD LUCK.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Actually MRSA I've been doing pretty good dude. Been laying off the beer, working out Stafford style and only taking painkillers when needed. Sometimes its for the ankle or its for my upper body since all I've been doing is pushups, pullups and situps till I can't do them anymore the last two weeks. My body and mind already feel a million times better, and the clarity of mind has actually made me more confident on the Lions this year.

My ankle healing, being off work and collecting workmans comp has given me a lot of time to reflect on my life and try to model myself as a productive member of society unlike most Raider fans.

Milchjon

Taking painkillers for workout related pain?

Uh, what?

For me, one of the key goals of working out is a healthy body, and that sure as hell doesn't sound healthy.

Top Bottom