• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

ShaneB

FUCK YOU ALL

80ucBmi.png

FUCK YOU ALL

Reading Collision Low Crossers makes me a lot more sympathetic to Sanchez and the Jets. It's Bill Buchner-esque to have a play like that define your career.

eznark

Banned
Reading Collision Low Crossers makes me a lot more sympathetic to Sanchez and the Jets. It's Bill Buchner-esque to have a play like that define your career.

lol wat? Bill Buckner was a great baseball player defined and mis-remembered by time because of a shitty play.

Mark Sanchez is a shitty football player defined perfectly by a shitty play.

ShaneB

lol wat? Bill Buckner was a great baseball player defined and mis-remembered by time because of a shitty play.

Mark Sanchez is a shitty football player defined perfectly by a shitty play.

Yes, hence the "esque" part of my post. I know Buckner was a great ball player with great stats. I'm just saying it's a shame for anyone to be remembered by a single terrible play. But that comes with sports I suppose.

eznark

Banned
Yes, hence the "esque" part of my post. I know Buckner was a great ball player with great stats. I'm just saying it's a shame for anyone to be remembered by a single terrible play. But that comes with sports I suppose.

I mean, without that play Sanchez wouldn't be remembered at all. He'd be Akili Smith. A trivia question.

In 10 years when he has pissed away all his money on hookers and blow he'll be able to sign pictures of the butt fumble at jersey area shopping malls for bridge and tunnel girls who let him slam his face into their asshole, and he does if only because he has no pride left, no shame, and no hope..and it reminds him of his glory days, his one mark on professional football. Sucking shit out of Jersey trash ass is his future. Without the butt fumble his future is probably auto-erotic asphyxiation in a Thailand 7-11 bathroom.

That play basically saved what is left of this miserable existence.

bionic77

FUCK YOU ALL

80ucBmi.png

FUCK YOU ALL
:lol

The immaculate reception is probably the play that started the Steelers dynasty in the 70s but to me the greatest and most memorable is always going to be Harrison's INT return in the Superbowl. Greatest SB play of all time (fitting that it occurred in the greatest SB of all time).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I mean, without that play Sanchez wouldn't be remembered at all. He'd be Akili Smith. A trivia question.

In 10 years when he has pissed away all his money on hookers and blow he'll be able to sign pictures of the butt fumble at jersey area shopping malls for bridge and tunnel girls who let him slam his face into their asshole, and he does if only because he has no pride left, no shame, and no hope..and it reminds him of his glory days, his one mark on professional football. Sucking shit out of Jersey trash ass is his future. Without the butt fumble his future is probably auto-erotic asphyxiation in a Thailand 7-11 bathroom.

That play basically saved what is left of this miserable existence.

They said he could become anything, so he became FMT.

Fox318

:lol

The immaculate reception is probably the play that started the Steelers dynasty in the 70s but to me the greatest and most memorable is always going to be Harrison's INT return in the Superbowl. Greatest SB play of all time (fitting that it occurred in the greatest SB of all time).
Wait you think that is the greatest super bowl of all time?

What about Super Bowl XXXIV?

jakncoke

Banned
Fun fact: The jets have no qb in their franchise record with a career record of 10+ wins over .500, Vinny Testeverde comes the closest with 9 over at 35-26

bionic77

Wait you think that is the greatest super bowl of all time?

What about Super Bowl XXXIV?
What was so great about that SB?

That the Titans came up 1 yard short? That was just the first good SB in a hundred years but it was not the best.

Steelers/Cardinals had 3 iconic plays and definitively the best game winning throw/catch of all time along with the best overall SB play of all time.

DMczaf

BsBwQAUCIAE6IqF.jpg:large

I love this kid.

He's going to be found dead in a motel room 5 years after retirement from a shotgun blast to the heart with a letter telling his family to donate his brain to concussion research studies.

Ok, that's kinda dark. But I do not see a bright future for him when football is over.

MechDX

That is kinda scary actually.

You need balance in your life.

This is the kinda stuff that leads to players to do stupid things once their career is over.

He's going to be found dead in a motel room 5 years after retirement from a shotgun blast to the heart with a letter telling his family to donate his brain to concussion research studies.

Ok, that's kinda dark. But I do not see a bright future for him when football is over.

Jealous. The kid is just committed to his craft like all great players. peytonmanninghelmetoninrehab.jpeg

No I haven't bg, you and me are BFF's til the end!!

Me three.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
18-1 gave me a glimpse into what it must feel like to be a Bills fan. The drowning in sadness, the loss of wanting to live and so one.

Oh, you think laughing at a Super Bowl loss is your ally, but you merely adopted the coping mechanism. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until...well, I'll get back to you on that.

Milchjon

18-1 gave me a glimpse into what it must feel like to be a Bills fan. The drowning in sadness, the loss of wanting to live and so one.

Just watch out, a few decades down the road, these losses will haunt you to the Point where you flee to a dirty 3rd world country just to get as far away as possible from your team. Ask WW.

eznark

Banned

lol have you looked at him or listened to him speak? He'll make as much in TV as he did on the field.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Just watch out, a few decades down the road, these losses will haunt you to the Point where you flee to a dirty 3rd world country just to get as far away as possible from your team. Ask WW.

Hey, we couldn't all pick our team from the pool of whoever won the Super Bowl that year. Just think, you and squicken were almost BFFs!

Wasn't it awesome? 18-1 is pretty much the pinnacle of NFL football, the ultimate manifestation of justice and righteousness in the form of this man:

eli_manning_2008_07_14.jpg

Bask in his glory. Baaaaaaaaask.

Top Bottom