• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Spinluck

I thought Giants vs Pats SB Part II was better than the first as an overall game.

Eli was clutch as fuck in those games.

Big Ben's game winning drive in Steelers vs Cards might've been the most heartbreaking thing I have ever watched (after PeyPeys SBXLIV taint). Like... I thought that there was no way that was gonna happen, but the man has ice cold rapist balls so maybe i should've expected it.

I liked the Cards that year because I was still salty over the Steelers beating us in the 05 playoffs. I also like Kurt Warner because he's just a likable human, and Fitzgerald and Boldin are pretty good and easy to like. I remember my ex's dad at the time saying Fitz should've slid to kill time, turns out he was right. He was also right when he said I wasn't right for his daughter. When all fails, listen to old people.

Draxal

My TOTALLY unbiased top 5 games NFL/CFB for 2000-2010

1. Boise State/Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl 2007
2. Giants/Pats Super Bowl 42
3. Steelers/Cards Super Bowl 43
4. Texas/USC Rose Bowl 2006
5. Rams/Titans Super Bowl 34

eznark

Banned
images

images

images

images

images

Well I have to take you guys to task on the 2nd and 3rd quarters, where the Giants just stifled one of the greatest passing attacks of all time.

I won't lie though, the game of the decade by far was Boise State/Oklahoma 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

Giants Pats was a great defensive game.

If you hate watching defensive football, then sure. The 4th quarter was absolutely when the game broke open but there was nothing "shitty" about SB42. Giants and Pats D came to play. Folks like to throw around "defensive struggle" but that game fits that description pretty accurately as it wasn't a case of two ineffective offenses playing poorly.

You can interchange Steelers/Cards and Giants/Pats at #1 and #2 as they are most oft mentioned. I like both games for different reasons but you know where I stand and yeah thats in part due to my own bias but objectively, the build-up to 42 and the Pats 16-0 run made it historically a bit more significant to me.
Giants/Pats is #1 for me by a long shot.

bionic77

If you hate watching defensive football, then sure. The 4th quarter was absolutely when the game broke open but there was nothing "shitty" about SB42. Giants and Pats D came to play. Folks like to throw around "defensive struggle" but that game fits that description pretty accurately as it wasn't a case of two ineffective offenses playing poorly.

You can interchange Steelers/Cards and Giants/Pats at #1 and #2 as they are most oft mentioned. I like both games for different reasons but you know where I stand and yeah thats in part due to my own bias but objectively, the build-up to 42 and the Pats 16-0 run made it historically a bit more significant to me.
On one hand I have to agree with you that it was awesome seeing the Giants shut down the Pats offense for 3.5 quarters and making Tammy and Bill Simmons throw several tantrums in the process.

But on the other hand there was nothing as memorable or amazing in the first half as that Harrison TAINT. That is still the greatest play in SB history to me. I won't object if anyone says helmet catch, or several others but for me Harrison's TAINT is the best.

Also don't make me say anything bad about Eli. One of my favorite qb's of all time. There should be a channel that just plays that SB all the time so people never forget how close we came to living under the darkness of a potentially legitimate NE title.

Thank you Eli for saving the world and giving us all hope.

I thought Giants vs Pats SB Part II was better than the first as an overall game.

Eli was clutch as fuck in those games.

Big Ben's game winning drive in Steelers vs Cards might've been the most heartbreaking thing I have ever watched (after PeyPeys SBXLIV taint). Like... I thought that there was no way that was gonna happen, but the man has ice cold rapist balls so maybe i should've expected it.

I liked the Cards that year because I was still salty over the Steelers beating us in the 05 playoffs. I also like Kurt Warner because he's just a likable human, and Fitzgerald and Boldin are pretty good and easy to like. I remember my ex's dad at the time saying Fitz should've slid to kill time, turns out he was right. He was also right when he said I wasn't right for his daughter. When all fails, listen to old people.
I was so fucking tense during that whole drive. I knew he could do it but the worst feeling in sports is watching a game slip away. Ben had done it all year so most Steeler fans were confident but I think we were all terrified as well. It took like 10 seconds for my brain to process what happened on that TD catch as well. Not just whether he was in but how the ball actually got to him over at least 3 defenders who were in front of him.

Draxal

I don't even know how to respond to this.

I'm so confused.

It has nothing to do with Christmas though.

This means I can then hate Alabama, right?

Paging Lonestar.

edit. Serious talk, CFB has a nicer atmosphere than pro football. The rivalry games there means a ton, and you HATE other teams much more there.

Bread

Banned
just got super mario galaxy 2 and RE4 wii edition, i looked for pvz garden warfare and they didn't have it sorry mech

jk i'm not buying that game :jnc

Dragon

Banned
Im not big on it either but bread likes it.

And I can shoot him in the head when he back talks me. So there is that.

You play on Xbone, I'm surprised you can see the back of his head with the resolution issues on that version.

Yankee don't kill me I'm kidding, I love Microsoft and its suite of products including its Azure cloud technology and Office 365, the best way to word process on the internet besides google docs and lots of other stuff

nah, support. i love my AWS.
I like being a little reckless in BF. Not completely idiotic but just enough to take some risks and make some cool stuff happen. It's really hard to do that when you are dead before you can blink. Health is already lower in BF4 normal than in previous entries so it just seems like overkill to me. Perfect for snipers, though.

Top Bottom