• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

MechDX

I like being a little reckless in BF. Not completely idiotic but just enough to take some risks and make some cool stuff happen. It's really hard to do that when you are dead before you can blink. Health is already lower in BF4 normal than in previous entries so it just seems like overkill to me. Perfect for snipers, though.

This is me on Locker with my LMG

a4ee1-rambo.gif

Fuck my k/d ratio!

Bread

Banned
I like being a little reckless in BF. Not completely idiotic but just enough to take some risks and make some cool stuff happen. It's really hard to do that when you are dead before you can blink. Health is already lower in BF4 normal than in previous entries so it just seems like overkill to me. Perfect for snipers, though.
Heh I don't seem to have any trouble making cool shit happen on hardcore and I play extremely recklessly.

This is me on Locker with my LMG

https://tomkiesche.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/a4ee1-rambo.gif

Fuck my k/d ratio!
Haha, I hear you on the k/d, I gave up caring about that a long time ago. Operation Locker is a nightmare of a map though, I just get no enjoyment out of it because there is no strategy involved whatsoever.

Heh I don't seem to have any trouble making cool shit happen on hardcore and I play extremely recklessly.
You could make even more cool stuff happen on normal!

I used to be a Recon beast.

But then I switched to assault and became an assault beast.
Assault fo lyfe!

Haha, I hear you on the k/d, I gave up caring about that a long time ago. Operation Locker is a nightmare of a map though, I just get no enjoyment out of it because there is no strategy involved whatsoever.

You could make even more cool stuff happen on normal!

Assault fo lyfe!

I've had my fun with BF4, but lost interest after a while. I need to invest too much time into it to become as good as I wanna be and stay on that level.

squicken

Follow up piece by Sando on his QB tiers piece. 4 QBs with a chance to become tier 1 QBs. Stafford, Wussle, Kap, Scam

Insider-- http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=8507

On Stafford

That coach made Stafford a three. A third offensive coach said the Lions need a more disciplined culture for Stafford to reach his Tier 1 potential.

"If he finds someone to force him to be disciplined, and they run the ball, he can be any of those guys," this coach said. "That guy is way above average physically, really competitive, really quick with the ball -- way faster than people give him credit for, especially his quickness to avoid. He has the whole deal if he is not too far gone with the, 'I just have to make a play and do it my way.' You need someone willing to coach him on a daily basis. He was raised by wolves over there."

cdyhybrid

Well my nfl gaf bros time for me to board my flight to Mexico see you guys in two weeks.

Have fun! Drink some tequila and eat a lot of good food for me.

Paging Lonestar.

edit. Serious talk, CFB has a nicer atmosphere than pro football. The rivalry games there means a ton, and you HATE other teams much more there.

I think the only NFL games that can match your average college rivalry game right now in terms of atmosphere are Hawks-Niners and Steelers-Ravens.

lulz get rekt dendi scrublet

tILN52Q.gif

NFC East game are pretty nasty from a fan perspective too.

Hawks/Niners game is intense between the players but not the fans at all. We might troll the other side a bit, but nothing malicious.

squicken

Stafford is Ben Roethlisberger. Only difference is Ben had Whiz before being stranded in the Wilderness with Arians. Stafford has had no one.

I do think that the wide-open offense that both of those guys played in contributes to this. Romo does it as well. Like Ben, he had at least had a good coach early on with Payton

I am sad that we never got to play BF4 together. :( Honestly I'm with you though, I'm kind of tired of devoting a ton of time to it. I still think Bad Company 2 was the best.

The problem for me is that I become overly competitive and it kinda drains all the fun out of it. There was a time my skill level was around 400, but keeping it at that level was exhausting.

The problem for me is that I become overly competitive and it kinda drains all the fun out of it. There was a time my skill level was around 400, but keeping it at that level was exhausting.
I used to be a lot more like that but eventually I learned to kind of let go. I still get pretty competitive and play to win every game but I don't focus on the numbers as much as I used to. They will be what they will be. I know exactly what you mean though, in general I am not having a lot of fun with a shooter unless I'm near the top of the leaderboard.

Dragon

Banned

You should just become bad at games like me, especially competitive games, and then you can just have fun the few times where you do go on a streak!

Bread

Banned

Quote me.

Edit: Double Post Swag
i've got you beat in general score per minute!!!!!!! (i dont know what that means though)

honestly though i just play this game to kill the most people, i'm not a good teammate at all. my k/d would definitely be above 2 if i had been using an AWS the whole time.

i only get competitive and pissed in CoD and Halo, but i am much better at those games so i expect myself to destroy everyone.

Greg

I'm not having fun unless I'm the best

or if there's an extended period of being so bad that it's funny (as long as you're playing with people)

Top Bottom