• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Thank God someone's beating those fucking Brazillians.

First Silva breaks his leg, then Machida loses, now Brazil is getting their ass kicked.

Love it.

getting embarrassed like this, at home, in a tourney that only happens once every 4 years?

SHOW SOME FUCKING PRIDE BRAZIL

this was funny for 5 minutes... now it's just disgusting

Patriots7

Someone hold me.

I don't even like Brazil but I'm crying along with them. Nobody deserves this.

And Mueller diving when they're up 5-0 is beyond disgusting.

eznark

Banned
no one answered earlier

who are the 4 people doing commentary between matches on the Twitch stream? they talk shit on line-ups and the way teams play like they know better, so why aren't they playing?

it's hard for me to relate because it's not like an actual sport where you are too old to play, so I need a football analogy or something

Well it's a lot easier to talk about it when you aren't invested than it is to play the game. Also, drafting takes no dexterity, so a guy like Draskyl (bald dude) who is 75 years old and a fucking expert on the game can discuss it but lacks the ability to play. It's no different than any other commentator. It's a lot easier to have knowledge than it is to have skill. Anyone can do it.

The chick, Sheever, used to be awful and incredibly dumb but she's gotten pretty legit in her analysis.

cdyhybrid

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 18s

As of 5-0, #GER is now the all-time top scoring in #WorldCup history with 221 goals. It trailed #BRA by 4 entering the match. #BRAvsGER

Greg

I'm not watching over on twitch, but it's often people that used to play Dota 1 competitively, or just people that have taken the time to learn the game and have broadcast voices.
They are usually known to the players and have spent time playing with them in more casual settings.

That's not to say that they always know what is best, since teams can often create tactics that are new or just not often seen.

But believe it or not, you CAN be too old to compete and move into broadcasting. Not all were necessarily DOTA players, but played other games when they were younger.
Well it's a lot easier to talk about it when you aren't invested than it is to play the game. Also, drafting takes no dexterity, so a guy like Draskyl (bald dude) who is 75 years old and a fucking expert on the game can discuss it but lacks the ability to play. It's no different than any other commentator. It's a lot easier to have knowledge than it is to have skill. Anyone can do it.

The chick, Sheever, used to be awful and incredibly dumb but she's gotten pretty legit in her analysis.
thanks for the replies

do any teams have coaches then? Draskyl could be some team's Popovich

Bread

Banned
so which brazilian player gets murdered after this?

i'd say david luiz but he's deaf dumb and blind so they might take mercy on him

manfestival

Poor black, he deserved better.

620_1.jpg

I dont understand why people think sheever is so hot. She looks absolutely average. Even in her best pictures.

Greg

Yeah I think most teams have coaches.
that's pretty awesome

I guess I always grouped together knowledge of the game and actually being good... never looked at it from the perspective of there just being purely skilled players who learn the game

thanks for the replies

do any teams have coaches then? Draskyl could be some team's Popovich

Teams with official coaches I can remember...

Cloud 9: Clairvoyance
EG: Fear
fnatic: Xcalibur (not really a coach ERA gettin dat boot)
Navi: Goblak
DK: 71
VG: 357

Top Bottom