• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Greg

Holding A and giving my index finger full reign over the trigger left my right wrist somewhat bent for several hours.
you should work on not doing that

Thanks BOB!
MKlzqGj.jpg

when you get this close to snapping, take a breather and remember it's only a game

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
you should work on not doing that
It's like I've said, the Pro controller is ergonomically shit, although it's not as bad as the N64 controller which would make my hand go numb. SNES controller or dualshock? Perfectly fine as long as I'm not playing Megaman X.

Billen

Banned
So, European here that for some fucking reason is starting to get interested in american football. Hell, I don't even watch european football. I like the tactical aspect of the american football, I suppose, and our football never really got me interested. I have no clue as to teams or anything. What decent ways are there for us to watch it, is gamepass the best option? Is there any way of getting a trial going?

Heh, bbq, football and american beer. Maybe I should switch country. :D

cajunator

Banned
So, European here that for some fucking reason is starting to get interested in american football. Hell, I don't even watch european football. I like the tactical aspect of the american football, I suppose, and our football never really got me interested. I have no clue as to teams or anything. What decent ways are there for us to watch it, is gamepass the best option? Is there any way of getting a trial going?

welcome! Im not too sure how europeans are best able to watch specific teams but some big games are on worldwide TV. Youll have to ask someone like Dutch or Milchjon maybe they can tell you.

Milchjon

You might find some games on TV, but generally GamePass is your best (legal) option.
I think they also have some trials, usually closer to when the season starts.

As for teams, just watch for a while to figure it out. Or if you have some favorite city/region, just go with them ;-)

Also, I think NFL.com is quite alright when it comes to all kinds of videos, so that's a good way to get into it.

Billen

Banned
You might find some games on TV, but generally GamePass is your best (legal) option.
I think they also have some trials, usually closer to when the season starts.

As for teams, just watch for a while to figure it out. Or if you have some favorite city/region, just go with them ;-)

Also, I think NFL.com is quite alright when it comes to all kinds of videos, so that's a good way to get into it.

Yeah, I know there are various torrentsites etc, but I prefer legal options. Will look into gamepass some more then, looks sweet. When is the season, and what happens outside of season? :D

Yeah, I know there are various torrentsites etc, but I prefer legal options. Will look into gamepass some more then, looks sweet. When is the season, and what happens outside of season? :D

Where you from? GamePass is (was?) free in The Netherlands, so here you can watch every game live in HD.

And Fox Sports airs them as well.

Vyroxis

Banned

Pre-season games start in about a month. Then 16 weeks of glorious footfall action where everyone watches, followed by 6 weeks of post season where a few watch and most cry/bitch/swear/sell their children's souls for a few measly wins next season.

Off season, we wait for the draft and talk video games while shooting the breeze and waiting for the inevitable arrests of players for being idiots.

cajunator

Banned

right now teams are off for a few weeks then real training camp begins in late July through August. Theres a first game called the Hall of Fame game in Canton that doesnt count towards standings but its fun to watch. the season actually starts in September and goes through to post season in January and the super bowl is in early February.

There are four preseason games in August that are basically used to see which players are worthy of being on a squad and which new draftees might shine. These dont count as anything and typically the third one of these is the game to really watch because it has the planned starters in for longer time.

cajunator

Banned
Billen I really think youll love football. Its got so many complexities but youre with a group who will hlep you understand every bit of it. The strategy and ability of the players is pretty incredible fun to watch.

Welcome! There is always plenty of room on the Dolphins bandwagon if you're interested!

EDIT: I couldn't leave this post as is in good conscience. For the love of your own sanity please don't become a Dolphins fan.

Puppies are cool except for the whole potty training thing. Inside or outside dog?

Also, how much should we expect Netherlands to win by today?

Inside dog, my mom has been going crazy since our dog passed away ( House feels so empty). So this isn't their first rodeo, plus I'm the dog whisperer, so I'll help them when I can.

And I'm not so sure about today. Messi will fuck shit up, no Di Maria helps, but this will be a fight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

If you end up choosing a team to follow for the love of god be sure to research their history so you don't accidentally pick a team that has always been shit.

Don't pick them based on the one year you watched them.

That's a sweet dog.

You think that dog likes belly rubs?

Fox318

If you end up choosing a team to follow for the love of god be sure to research their history so you don't accidentally pick a team that has always been shit.

Are you talking about the Leafs, Raptors, Bills, or Browns?

dionysus

Yaldog

But the redemption can be glorious if it ever happens. Saints used to be the Browns, (and probably will be again when Brees' age catches up to him.)

Dragon

Banned
Sorry for being a drunk idiot last night guys, I know people can deal with my idiocy normally but adding drunkness makes it worse.

Top Bottom