• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how come they have had continued success since then?

The Bills and Eagles managed to have a bunch of "success" as well if that is your definition. Pats went from winning all the SBs to not winning any and only one thing changed. If it was any other team rather then the one you bandwagoned onto you would totally agree with us.

The Bills and Eagles managed to have a bunch of "success" as well if that is your definition. Pats went from winning all the SBs to not winning any and only one thing changed. If it was any other team rather then the one you bandwagoned onto you would totally agree with us.

Yes one thing did change. The defense got worse after the last super bowl win.

Also, quit calling me a bandwagon fan. That is an asshole thing to do.

The defense did not get bad just instantly overnight. I applaud your attempt at misdirection though.

X75DGFa.gif

Maybe we can claim that the defense was in a 'Rebuilding fase'. That makes sucking okay right?

squicken

Sources from within the Louisville program told me they believe nerves crept in on Teddy Bridgewater today, which was a major factor in his disappointing performance. In the weeks leading up to pro-day, Bridgewater was hitting all the passes which were scripted during today's workout. Many are talking about Bridgewater's inaccuracy throwing on the move today, but my school source said it was never a real strength for the signal caller on Saturdays. The word leaving pro-day is "connecting the dots" (more on that later) Bridgewater ends up with the Oakland Raiders in round one.

http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

Bowser

Nerves on pro day?

Totally the guy you want playing in front of hundreds of millions of people on live television with the game on the line.

Eh, that's different though. He played in front of a great crowd (51k) when they demolished Miami in their bowl game this year (36-9). I think it's a different kind of nerves. I don't think he has game nerves, but trying to prove your worth in front of a bunch of scouts can get to you.

Colasante

Giants sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to a five year deal. Great signing by Reese. And Jets fans, I think it's okay to start freaking out now. Whiffing on DRC is a big failure.

I really hope Teddy Bridgewater doesn't end up in Oakland. He doesn't deserve a fate like that. If he starts falling, let him fall to the Patriots. I'd be happy to draft him in the first as Brady's successor.

Giants sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to a five year deal. Great signing by Reese. And Jets fans, I think it's okay to start freaking out now. Whiffing on DRC is a big failure.
Wow. Curious to see numbers.

Best part? Doubt we go CB in the first round in the draft. One step closer to Ebron!

EDIT: If DRC plays like he gives a shit we should have a pretty damned good secondary. Prince/DRC/Thurmond/Rolle/Will Hill. Thurmond as the nickel.

Striker

Wow. Curious to see numbers.

Best part? Doubt we go CB in the first round in the draft. One step closer to Ebron!

EDIT: If DRC plays like he gives a shit we should have a pretty damned good secondary. Prince/DRC/Thurmond/Rolle/Will Hill. Thurmond as the nickel.
Prince has one year, as does Thurmond, but yeah I also can't see CB early. I'm thinking WR/TE or
Donald
. ;)

The depth is very good right now. Although I'm hopeful his deal is structured so they can afford to cut him if he plays poorly or gets injured.

Prince has one year, as does Thurmond, but yeah I also can't see CB early. I'm thinking WR/TE or
Donald
. ;)

The depth is very good right now. Although I'm hopeful his deal is structured so they can afford to cut him if he plays poorly or gets injured.
Stevie Brown and Demps in that secondary as well. Demps is primarily a returner but had 4 INT's last season so he's not averse to play spot duty.

Still leary as fuck about DRC. Hopefully we get the guy in Denver and the not the one who played in Philly.

Jets fans are pissed. :jnc

squicken

I thought that just last week the Raiders were definitely taking Carr?

Both CLE and OAK have been linked to Carr. I wonder if the assumption is CLE takes Carr so that is why Oakland takes today. I had really figured Teddy was going to the Jags, so I am curious why Tony has him w/Oakland. All smokescreens, but Pauline is good. Does lots of work with the Eagles website

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Milch is self-banned for studying I i think, Xia is busy at work and hasnt been able to update the prison :(

I'm shooting for this coming weekend to jump back into the game and stockpile enough screenshots for a bunch of updates.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 47s

Giants are giving CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie a 5-year, $39M deal, including $15M gtd, per source.
Ugh. Can't say I'm a fan. I'd like to see how its structured and when he would be able to be cut with minimal cap pain. Regardless, too much money for a guy that has a lot more to prove to be deserving of it.

I hope he proves me completely wrong. I really do. I'll gladly eat crow if I am.

BigAT

i think this is where BIgAT would quote and say, "Said no one ever."

yjnikGc.gif

Schefter saying $15M guaranteed on the Rodgers-Cromartie deal. Feel like I'm pretty good with that figure. Shouldn't be too crippling if they need to cut him after a couple of seasons.

Ugh. Can't say I'm a fan. I'd like to see how its structured and when he'd be would be able o be cut with minimal cap pain. Regardless, too much money for a guy that has a lot more to prove to be deserving of it.

He is really talented but the problem is getting him to play hard. It will be interesting to see how he does back in the NFCE.

If you call that success, you must think the Eagles were successful under Reid. Or the Niners under Harbaugh.

edit: And now the argument is just going in a circle!

You'll live to regret that comment. One read gonna win the Super Bowl next year and defeat the packers again on a broken scramble play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom