• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave Meriweather a 1 year deal?

yea, nothings changed in Washington

Can we just fire Gruden now and get it over with? This thing has been so fucking badly handled so far.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heading to the main office in Vegas for a day trip next Thursday, won't have any time outside of the airport and work though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm more interested in VR by far than waggle.

Then again I liked the 3D on the 3DS at very first but now I'm usually annoyed by it.

squicken

:Lol, I hate you!

Ur like a devil trying to tempt us. I still like football and the other qbs, but I've been getting convinced on the Watkins train.

When we get closer to the draft I will give you the William Wallace speech. You will see

That pick will be quite valuable if the Texans don't take Clowney, but loses quite a bit if they do

I'm not so sure it's just Clowney. I think there are 5 non-QBs that teams will want to trade up for. As long as the Rams can get Lewan/Mathews or Watkins, they will try and get whatever they can

Konka

Banned
I hate 3D for movies but love it for games (certain types moreso). I'm down with giving VR a shot.

images

Proper VR not Headache the portable.;)

Bro, you watch Tangled or Gravity in 3D and tell me it doesn't add to the experience. Shitty tacked on 3D I agree is shitty.

jDxFJ56.gif
While I agree with the overall point that there are exceptions to the rule. The rule is still that 3D is generally shitty and adds fucking nothing for 95% of the movies out there.

I fucking love Dredd in 3D by the way if we want to add to the list of 5 movies that are worth a damn in that regard.

EDIT: By the way, Child of Eden in 3D on the PS3 = eye orgasm.

Dragon

Banned
A man's reach exceeds his grasp.

Man how is it you don't live in Williamsburg with boat shoes on your feet?

While I agree with the overall point that there are exceptions to the rule. The rule is still that 3D is generally shitty and adds fucking nothing for 95% of the movies out there.

I fucking love Dredd in 3D by the way if we want to add to the list of 5 movies that are worth a damn in that regard.

EDIT: By the way, Child of Eden in 3D on the PS3 = eye orgasm.

Fair enough point for sure. Frozen is another one that I loved the 3D.

Hmm haven't played Child of Eden, does it require Move controls? I never saw the need for the Move.

LJ11

I hate 3D for movies but love it for games (certain types moreso). I'm down with giving VR a shot.

Wasn't a fan of 3D movies, Avatar put me to sleep mostly because of eye strain, had to close and rest my eyes, ended up taking a nap.

Gravity however, like Dragon mentioned, blew me away. Story might have been junk but the 3d and effects were amazing. Didn't get any eye strain either.

Hmm haven't played Child of Eden, does it require Move controls? I never saw the need for the Move.
Hell no. I despise waggle/motion control. If you dug Rez back in the day (and anyone who didn't can die in a fire) it plays very much like that or the old Panzer Dragoon games. Its the spiritual successor to Rez, in fact.

Greg

Wasn't a fan of 3D movies, Avatar put me to sleep mostly because of eye strain, had to close and rest my eyes, ended up taking a nap.

Gravity however, like Dragon mentioned, blew me away. Story might have been junk but the 3d and effects were amazing. Didn't get any eye strain either.
yeah, Gravity was my first 3D experience after all the recommendations here (pretty sure you were one of them) - I was impressed

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Move? Flop
3D? Flop
Vita? Flop

VR?????

I don't know about Sony's VR specifically (depends on the price), but VR headsets are a huge factor in the future of gaming and entertainment. Put on a headset and literally go into another world.

Imagine playing Madden 2016 in the QBs First Person mode in the eyes of Matthew Stafford, going through your reads, seeing Sammy Watkins open on a deep slant route, pressing a button which leads you to a virtual reality Superbowl. It may not happen in real life but with that headset on you're literally in that world.

Seriously though just watch Youtube videos of 90 year old grandmas who put on the Oculus Rift headset. It's pretty amazing stuff. I just hope Sony doesn't half ass the support like they did with the Move (which I heard was a solid product but just lacked support).

Dragon

Banned
That would be cool! :)

:jnc

Hell no. I despise waggle/motion control. If you dug Rez back in the day (and anyone who didn't can die in a fire) it plays very much like that or the old Panzer Dragoon games. Its the spiritual successor to Rez, in fact.

Oh okay so it's a rails shooter? Cool? I'll check it out. Always want more reason to dig out my 3D glasses, after all I paid 100 bucks for two of them.

:jnc

Oh okay so it's a rails shooter? Cool? I'll check it out. Always want more reason to dig out my 3D glasses, after all I paid 100 bucks for two of them.
Indeed. A very good one at that.

Sony release the thing for anything over $100-$150 and its dead in the water, IMO. (I'd guess closer to $200)

Dragon

Banned
Indeed. A very good one at that.

Sony release the thing for anything over $100-$150 and its dead in the water, IMO. (I'd guess closer to $200)

I think if the bundle includes Move/Camera/Morpheus together it won't be anything under 400 bucks.

I like you. A man who appreciates true art

I liked Dredd a lot actually and I didn't see it in 3D. Don't know that it's worth the probabl 30 dollars to buy the 3D Blu-ray though.

I think if the bundle includes Move/Camera/Morpheus together it won't be anything under 400 bucks.
No one will buy that. They're far overestimating the market if that happens. Though gamers have a propensity to overreact to cost for these things. There was no way the Vita was anything less than $350-$400 when it was revealed. There was no way the PS4 would cost a penny less than $499 with that super expensive DDR5, etc. etc..

Best to wait and see. If they want it to go anywhere they better have content and it needs to be under $200, IMO.

MechDX

I liked Dredd a lot actually and I didn't see it in 3D. Don't know that it's worth the probabl 30 dollars to buy the 3D Blu-ray though.

You can get Dredd 3d for like $10 on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom