• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

I agree with you in principle, but I think the Schaub trade is a horrible move, both in having to give up compensation for a quarterback who is only marginally better than the free agent crop, and in the salary the team has to take on for him. If McKenzie is bringing Schaub in to start, I think it's a bad idea because he's not a very good quarterback, and if he's bringing him in to backup a rookie selection, I think it's a bad idea because he's too expensive for that role.

The reasons the Raiders gave up a pick is because Schaub in the FA market would be able to choose his team and no way he picks Oakland. They have money to play with, so they decided to give up a late round pick. He'll start until week 10 or whatever when the rookie or McGloin chants start. I think they're going for Carr and taking a WR in the first.

MechDX

I agree with you in principle, but I think the Schaub trade is a horrible move, both in having to give up compensation for a quarterback who is only marginally better than the free agent crop, and in the salary the team has to take on for him. If McKenzie is bringing Schaub in to start, I think it's a bad idea because he's not a very good quarterback, and if he's bringing him in to backup a rookie selection, I think it's a bad idea because he's too expensive for that role.

Raiders only on the hook for this years salary of 10 million. Guarantee Vick is looking for at least 7.

They can cut him next season with no cap hit.

Good. I'm looking forward to seeing completely new faces on the o-line next season, other than Pouncey of course.

For Giants fans, Jerry is slightly below average at everything. Not the biggest of their o-line issues but he certainly wasn't helping anything.
Giants like to have a swing guy that can play both G/T as a back-up. (Boothe was that guy before and he fits into what you just described...average to slightly below at times). Problem for us was that Boothe was starting. Jerry seems to fit that mold. As long as he isn't starting and we're paying him little, meh.

cajunator

Banned
Who's WR situation is worse? Panthers have a bunch of Jags, but the Steelers have Antonio Brown and nobody else. Steelers forums are seriously talking up Lance Moore as a suitable replacement for Cotchery.

Lance is small but he does have a habit of catching everything. You do like recievers who can catch right?

Are you sniffing fucking fumes?

I'd take any of the the QBs the jets have had over the past 10 year over Gabbert.

• McElroy
  • Tebow
  • Sanchez
  • Simms
  • David Garrard
  • Mark Brunell
  • Kevin O'Connell
  • Kellen Clemens
  • Chris Pizzotti
  • Erik Ainge
  • Brett Favre
  • Brett Ratliff
  • Chad Pennington
  • Marques Tuiasosopo

Gabbert is the worst QB to come play for the NFL since JaMarcus

lets compare blame vs. geno vs. sanchez and use their last healthy season (10+ games started):

Blame (2012): 9 td, 6 int, 77.4 rating
Mark (2012): 13 td, 18 int, 66.9 rating
Geno (2013): 12 td, 21 int, 66.5 rating

none of these QB's are good but lulz @ you thinking anyone on the jets roster is clearly superior to blame

Are you sniffing fucking fumes?

I'd take any of the the QBs the jets have had over the past 10 year over Gabbert.

• McElroy
  • Tebow
  • Sanchez
  • Simms
  • David Garrard
  • Mark Brunell
  • Kevin O'Connell
  • Kellen Clemens
  • Chris Pizzotti
  • Erik Ainge
  • Brett Favre
  • Brett Ratliff
  • Chad Pennington
  • Marques Tuiasosopo

Gabbert is the worst QB to come play for the NFL since JaMarcus

You include Tebow on that list and then make this claim? LMAO

Nah, he's the starter. McKenzie never wanted a rookie to start. Still a lot of money, but at least they can drop him next year with no hit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Josh Freeman. I'd rather have a Nachos Bell Grande start at QB than Josh Freeman. When will people stop fawning over that one hit wonder? Also, why would you want Vick cancer in your locker room? And I like how people were like "omg Raiders need to spend" then when they spend "Raiders are spending! What a bunch of idiots!" Can't have it both ways, SI!

I do agree with you, but you still got SCHOOB now my friend. Spending that money on Schoob the slowest moving, noodle armed throwing QB and at this point weak minded QB is kind of a wtf.

Watch him somehow lead you to the Super Bowl .______.

cajunator

Banned
Schooby is still better than what they had. But I think having AJ was a part of his early success. Raiders have way too many holes to fill to afford a better QB at the moment.
They need to build pieces of the team so they need a QB veteran who has dealt with adversity.

Schooby is still better than what they had. But I think having AJ was a part of his early success. Raiders have way too many holes to fill to afford a better QB at the moment.
They need to build pieces of the team so they need a QB veteran who has dealt with adversity.

There really isn't any QBs out there anyways (FA), unless they do some major trade in the draft it's better to build a solid team and worry about the QB next year hopefully.

I still dont see how that is not Vick. He probably would have cost less, and he played well in 2 out of 3 games last year before getting hurt.

cdyhybrid

Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV 3m
I lost a bet and I will give him tickets to the bears game since he is a bears fan done with this bet

Fucking welchers, SMH.

Dude's been a clown since college.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

The O-line too was a huge part of it. Haven't been keeping up with the Raiders there, but you have to protect Schoob or he just goes into turtle shell mode. Texans O-line was truly awful last year.

Crisco

Banned
Man, I think the Panthers are set at wide receiver now. JCo, Underwood, and now Lestar "Big Play" Jean, all 6'3" 195Ibs of him with blazing 4.65 speed.

http://www.bigplayjean.com/

Hell, throw in McNutt and King, it's just unfair to opposing DBs now. #2014JCoBPJFlatop

cajunator

Banned
I still dont see how that is not Vick. He probably would have cost less, and he played well in 2 out of 3 games last year before getting hurt.

Vick is too fragile. You even said it here he plays well until he breaks, which is guaranteed to happen every year. Then again Schoob breaks too.

Also Im gonna miss Lance and his stupid TD dances.

Tamanon

Banned
There's some other poster on the Gaming Side who uses my Jaguars avatar, CaesarDrew.

I feel like I should complain, but then I think it'd come across as me liking the avatar before it was cool.

And then I'd just get avatar quoted.

There's some other poster on the Gaming Side who uses my Jaguars avatar, CaesarDrew.

I feel like I should complain, but then I think it'd come across as me liking the avatar before it was cool.

Just stay in the fort and you'll be ok, we've lost to many men to gaming side.

Sanjuro

I despise people that use your avatar.

Colasante

It turns out the Raiders traded a 6th round pick to the Texans for Matt Schaub. A team with a need at literally every position on the roster traded a 6th round pick for Matt Schaub.

20130416_034059_mckenzie_300.jpg

Well, Reggie... it's been fun. Very curious to see who the Raiders will bring in as their new General Manager next season.

It turns out the Raiders traded a 6th round pick to the Texans for Matt Schaub. A team with a need at literally every position on the roster traded a 6th round pick for Matt Schaub.

Well, Reggie... it's been fun. Very curious to see who the Raiders will bring in as their new General Manager next season.

Man I agree with you so much.

squicken

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil
@mortreport says @Browns expected Matt Schaub to be released, did not buy @HoustonTexans claim they had trade partner in @RAIDERS. #Hoyer

Raiders outflanked the Browns

Sanjuro

Fired for trading a sixth rounder? LOL

Fired for being the GM of the Raiders? Yup.

I usually don't post much here, but anyway i'm a Raider Fan and i like the move, not much risk involved and if we fails we can release him w/o losing much ...we have the $$ to spend and need to spend it ...and were looking for a veteran QB to start right away, while a rookie sit for the year ....

Colasante

Fired for trading a sixth rounder? LOL

Fired for being the GM of the Raiders? Yup.

McKenzie won't be fired for the Schaub trade. He may be fired after spending a 5th on Matt Flynn, a 4th on Tyler Wilson, a 6th on Matt Schaub and having over $70 million in cap space and assembling a team that can't break the vaunted 5-11 record threshold after three years on the job.

squicken

Which is where he would have gone had he been a free agent. Too bad the Raiders had to give up the historically important sixth rounder.

My criticism is that I think he is done and McGloin is better. Heck Pryor might be better. But Reggie might just be following the Seattle model where he takes mid to late round risks on QBs until he gets it right. If Schoob can find his 2009-2010 form then it's well worth it as a one year bridge QB. In and of itself it isn't as bad as it's being made out to be, though. I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom