• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I thought I was the only one on the internet that doesn't find her hot. To be fair, I'm not attracted to 99 percent of red heads because I don't like freckles. You have to be a OT creation hipster god to get away with that kind of thing.
Emma Stone isn't a real ginger.

It's why she doesn't have that soulless lust for sexy and other illicit behavior like the rest of us do. Also I don't have freckles so I pretty much avoided God's curse upon our people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can we get Jared Allen as well now?

This is what I'm hoping. Revis/Allen is significantly better than talib/ware, so I'd take it. However if they can't get him and grab Cromartie or someone like that to either run at safety or put opposite Revis I'd take that. There's a ton of solid Receivers still out there who can be had for next to nothing and give Tom more than enough.

BOOM.

The Empire Strikes Back.

17a39e41-2df8-4056-bfd3-dd789409f2c3_display_image.jpg
11/10

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's my hope but something needs to be done with Big Vince.

There was a report earlier they're working on an extension so he can retire a pat and bring his cap hit way down.

Hopefully Nicks is brought in or at the very least some shots on Holmes/Austin/Smith, etc.

Holy shit Martin Mayhew is a fucking genius. Just got home, and see we got Golden Tate on a 5 year deal.

Where are those salary cap issues people are talking about? We have our money tied up to one of the best young Quarterbacks in the game, the best Wide Reciever in the game and IMO the best defensive player in the game. That's supposed to be bad?

Our offensive line is one of the best, and youngest, in the league. We have two solid running backs and we have high draft picks in one of the deepest drafts in a long time. Get Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins at #10, plus one late round running back and we'll be dropping 40 points a game on teams.

Mayhew is one of the best GMs in the league and the job he's done since he's taken over the 0-16 Lions has been amazing.

Our team is set and now we add depth through the draft. Thats how it gets done.

Greatest Show on Turf 2.0. I can't wait for this season to start.

As a long suffering Lions fan your optimism is somewhat contagious.

Then I think about all the times I was hyped like that during the offseason and it makes me sad.

I just want another playoff win in my lifetime since I was at our only playoff win in 91 when I was 12. Jesus that was 20+ years ago....

Now I feel sad and old.

If they can get a decent saftey and a serviceable OLB in FA. Have another good draft like last year. Things will be looking up.

I'm skeptical and will remain so until this season starts. It's how ive been conditioned after so many years of heartbreak.

Emma Stone isn't a real ginger.

It's why she doesn't have that soulless lust for sexy and other illicit behavior like the rest of us do. Also I don't have freckles so I pretty much avoided God's curse upon our people.

Really? huh. Well regardless, don't get the appeal besides her tits. I couldn't remember if you did or not but when in doubt, assume a ginger does ;) Good for you, Bucket.

Fox318

Waiting for the fox meltdown LOL

Who is Brady going to throw to?

Also Jets signed Breno Giacomini. An oft injured RT who isn't nowhere as good as the one they had last year.

Great job Idzik. Your plan to win less than 3 games next year is working well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Was just looking at some CB numbers. Damn DRC had one hell of a year last year, wonder where he winds up now.

Tom Penny

Pats offense obviously isn't as good as Denver but Revis / Allen would 1 up Talib / Ware in theory IMO. Need a pass rush, then safety, WR, then TE.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

The bleeding continues!!

Pats are about to free up a ton of cap cutting Adrian Wilson and restructuring Vince. There are still a bunch of solid WR out on the market. The big IF here is if Gronk returns to health and if he can somehow stay that way, but if they can grab a handful of solid receivers they'll have plenty to work with. Lafelle would be solid, Steve Smith, Nicks, Edelman could return, owen Daniels or jermichael.

MechDX

Who is Brady going to throw to?

Also Jets signed Breno Giacomini. An oft injured RT who isn't nowhere as good as the one they had last year.

Great job Idzik. Your plan to win less than 3 games next year is working well.

Quit fucking whining. At least your team did something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats offense obviously isn't as good as Denver but Revis / Allen would 1 up Talib / Ware in theory IMO. Need a pass rush, then safety, WR, then TE.

If they can somehow stay healthy they're defense will definitely be top 10. Hightower, Mayo, and Collins where they can all play int he right position. Revis, Dennard, Ryan (ughh arrington), and McCourty. Chandler Jones, Ninkovich and big Vince. Their Run defense will easily be tops, and their secondary should be damn good.

Fox318

Quit fucking whining. At least your team did something.

We got worse while of stupid GM is bitter that Rex won 8 games and kept his job.

This is Idzik setting Rex up to fail so he can install his own coach.

Idzik is gonna sign Vick and they are gonna make it look like they signed a franchise QB.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Congrats Kas!! I wish Tate all the best in Detroit, I think he'll be a great asset for yall

BTW I finally got my DS2 copy!! You said you'll be available this weekend?

Yeah, he is going to be a fantastic third option. What most of NFLGAF does not realize is that this team is built to win now, and our high draft picks is only going to make this team so much better and deeper.

I was reading a few pages back but I have a avatar bet with yankeehater that we will take a WR at #10. We will still do that.

What people seem to be forgetting is out offensive coordinator is Joe Lombardi, Vince Lombardi's grandson and the Saints QB coach. He is from the school of Sean Payton. You can never have enough offensive firepower in this league. Look at how the Saints were built - a bunch of talented receivers, a bunch of talented RBs and a stud QB with the #9. Screw all that nonsense some Lions fans are talking about reaching for a DB at #10. We can pick up DBs in Rounds 2-4. If Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins are there at #10 we will take them. My only fear would be if they're both gone and we take Marquiss Lee. At that point I think we should take Eric Ebron (Tight End).

As soon as we finish this construction project mid-April I'll be visiting a very good friend, and high school teammate of mine who moved out to Las Vegas after HS. I don't know what the Lions Superbowl odds are but I'm honest to God putting $100 on us winning the Super Bowl.

As for DaSII lets play this weekend brother. I played for about an hour yesterday, but even in human form I could find any other players to summon but that was probably because I was early in the game. But yeah, Friday night and Saturday night I'll be binging on DaSII and Dark Souls is best when you play co-op.

How much have you played of Dark Souls II? My brother just told me after you kill an enemy 10 times or so they disappear forever and you can't farm. Hope thats not the case for the whole game.

Yesterday, when I said that I wasn't bothered by the Chiefs losing JAGs like Jackson, Asamoah and McCluster, I didn't imagine Dorsey would follow it up by signing shitbirds like Joe Mays and Jeff Linkenbach.

Shame us for Jameis?

He said he plans on staying in school another year but it's hard to imagine staying for just your junior year when you'd be the number 1 pick making that money after just two years of college. Luck was finishing his degree and knew he'd still go #1 barring injury so he's a different circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom