• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seems like a really dumb trade for the Eagles. Not even sure Sproles is an upgrade over the other guys they have now.

I wonder if Bryce Brown is available.

"Hey your offense was amazing last year....number 2 in the league!, and your defense was terrible! number 31 against the pass!....what you guys gonna do during FA?"

"get more offense!"

we didn't need a replacement for Avant, we are stacked at reciever. we are stacked at RB.
we are STACKED on offense.

this team man...

The Eagles are not stacked on offense at all. The offense struggled big time against the Cowboys and Saints in the 2 most important games. There was talk about trying Maclin in the slot, but then they would have had to play Cooper, this move frees them up from that. Sproles lines up in the slot, where he was great last year, and if healthy Maclin and Djax are the outside guys. This should significantly cut down the number of snaps that Cooper gets and that is a good thing. My only problem is we saw in the SB what the Seahawks did to a finesse offense and the Eagles offense is going to be just as soft, Brown was the only physical guy they had and now they will trade him I bet. You are right that they have done nothing to fix the defense so far, but they are pushing all their chips in on offense instead.

The Eagles are not stacked on offense at all. The offense struggled big time against the Cowboys and Saints in the 2 most important games. There was talk about trying Maclin in the slot, but then they would have had to play Cooper, this move frees them up from that. Sproles lines up in the slot, where he was great last year, and if healthy Maclin and Djax are the outside guys. This should significantly cut down the number of snaps that Cooper gets and that is a good thing. My only problem is we saw in the SB what the Seahawks did to a finesse offense and the Eagles offense is going to be just as soft, Brown was the only physical guy they had and now they will trade him I bet. You are right that they have done nothing to fix the defense so far, but they are pushing all their chips in on offense instead.

We struggled in 2 games...sure....And the Broncos offense struggled in the superbowl.....does that mean the broncos offense isnt stacked?

Our Offense is competely fine. we didn't need Sproles. The fact that we pretty much traded Sproles for Sopoaga makes this alot better, but still.....I'd have felt better if we got ward or Byrd also in all of this.

also your "but" pretty much further gives more emphasis to my point. and that's not a good thing.

Eagles sign CB Nolan Carroll.

A defensive player, should make some peeps happy...

Nice, we signed a back up CB in case Cary williams gets hurt so he can't hold/pass interfere every receiver in the league.

Wes

venison crêpe
@MikeGiardi
Browns making strong push to get Julian Edelman in the fold. The effort comes now that Cleveland expects Cincy to match offer for Hawkins

We struggled in 2 games...sure....And the Broncos offense struggled in the superbowl.....does that mean the broncos offense isnt stacked?

Our Offense is competely fine. we didn't need Sproles. The fact that we pretty much traded Sproles for Sopoaga makes this alot better, but still.....I'd have felt better if we got ward or Byrd.

also your "but" pretty much further gives more emphasis to my point. and that's not a good thing.

Nice, we signed a back up CB in case Cary williams gets hurt so he can't hold/pass interfere every receiver in the league.
Of course they didnt need Sproles but that has nothing to do with anything. Going by that logic then they didnt need to re-sign Maclin since the offense was already 2nd best last year. They should always be trying to improve, Sproles in the slot is infinitely better then Avant was.

Yeah, I don't think he'd start over either of them, but he's better than Roc Carmichael.

Solid depth signing, I am glad that they are at least trying to do something to address the defense.

Of course they didnt need Sproles but that has nothing to do with anything. Going by that logic then they didnt need to re-sign Maclin since the offense was already 2nd best last year. They should always be trying to improve, Sproles in the slot is infinitely better then Avant was.

Solid depth signing, I am glad that they are at least trying to do something to address the defense.

If you are trying to always improve...you improve in your weakest areas. You address your weakest areas. That's how improvement ultimately works.

I don't see what you're glad about. There's not a lot to be glad with what the eagles "Addressed" so far...but ok.

"I'm glad we still don't have enough safetys and that we signed a back up CB for the secondary that was 31st in the league last year"

gutshot

If you are trying to always improve...you improve in your weakest areas. You address your weakest areas. That's how improvement ultimately works.

I don't see what you're glad about. There's not a lot to be glad with what the eagles "Addressed" so far...but ok.

They've signed a safety and a cornerback, plus two special teams studs (who also happen to play defense). They've traded for one running back (who also happens to be a returner). Seems like they are trying to improve all 3 phases of their team. Why is that a bad thing?

They've signed a safety and a cornerback, plus two special teams studs (who also happen to play defense). They've trade for one running back. Seems like they are trying to improve all 3 phases of their team. Why is that a bad thing?

Jenkins!? REALLY?

do you know how many safetys we need right now? A safety isn't enough.

Bowser

Me. XBL name is the same my forum name.

Long term deal for Nicks? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Oh Panthers.

Nice get for the Eagles for a 5th. Sproles is older but he's still a weapon. Jabee it happened!

If we do get him for $4.5m/year, I don't mind. Decker just got $7m per for playing with Peyton and Cooper got $5m per after putting up 835 yards (albeit with 8 TDs) with Maclin hurt. If Nicks can regain some semblance of his 2010 and 2011 form, that would be as steal.

Beason contract numbers:

Kimberly Jones @KimJonesSports · 5m

I'm told these are terms of Jon Beason contract w/NYG: 3 years, $19M ($7M of which is guaranteed). He'll make $12M in first 2 yrs.

Bit of an overpay if you ask me considering his injury history but considering he was a big reason why the defense even remotely came together last season, I guess he was in a position to get overpaid.

If we do get him for $4.5m/year, I don't mind. Decker just got $7m per for playing with Peyton and Cooper got $5m per after putting up 835 yards (albeit with 8 TDs) with Maclin hurt. If Nicks can regain some semblance of his 2010 and 2011 form, that would be as steal.
There's absolutely no market for him. You could sit back and wait it out until he's desperate and get him to sign a far cheaper contract because there's been not even a whisper of interest for the guy outside of the Panthers right now. Someone mentioned it a desperation move with Smith leaving and I tend to agree.

Hopefully he works out for you if you do sign him. Guarantee you he won't play a full season for you. He didn't for us except for last year when he was dogging it to stay healthy.

I'm becoming convinced they are going to draft a safety in the 1st round. Chip and Billy D. were at Alabama's Pro Day yesterday, presumably to get a closer look at HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Good thing the safety talent in the draft is AMAZING this year.

oh wait.

Sorry, I'm just really bitter about ward, byrd, and revis.

Eagles sign CB Nolan Carroll.

A defensive player, should make some peeps happy...
Be afriad. Be very, very afraid.

NC2.png

NC3.png

NC4.png

NC5.png

NC6.png

NC7.png

NC8.png

NC9.png

Have I taught you guys nothing?

Saffold resigns with the Rams:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 54s

OT Rodger Saffold and Rams reached agreement on 5-yr, $31.7M deal that includes $19.5M gtd. Saffold has option to void deal after 3 years.

Tavaris Jackson back to the Seahawks:

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero · 6m

Tarvaris Jackson re-signed with #Seahawks on a fully guaranteed one-year, $1.25M deal. Can make up to $750K in incentives if he plays.

Haha! How long did it take you to compile all those screenshots? You must REALLY hate this dude.

Anyway, he's going to be our 4th corner, so hopefully he won't see the field much.
Not long, just googled my username and Nolan Carroll and got about a million hits. That is just the tip of the iceberg... Seriously, he is the most frustrating CB you will ever watch. Athletically gifted in some ways but almost always one step behind somehow. If he is in position to make a play, it will go through his hands or he will get a PI called against him. The root of untold amounts of frustration over the past two seasons. I am so glad to see him gone and I sincerely hope he sees very limited time for you guys.

Not long, just googled my username and Nolan Carroll and got about a million hits. That is just the tip of the iceberg... Seriously, he is the most frustrating CB you will ever watch. Athletically gifted in some ways but almost always one step behind somehow. If he is in position to make a play, it will go through his hands or he will get a PI called against him. The root of untold amounts of frustration over the past two seasons. I am so glad to see him gone and I sincerely hope he sees very limited time for you guys.

With the way things are Going, I rather he get more playing time if he's that bad. Thay way we get our offense back on the field faster. Rather just let the other team score and get our offense back on and we can play the "who can score the most touchdowns game."

MechDX

Anyone on Live add me: DX

typing my tag is easier. Send a message with request telling me who you are. Needless to say with my tag I get 7-8 requests a day from kids.

I see darkerst red has been educating on the wonder that is Nolan fucken Carroll, I've never hated a dolphins player more since ted gin? Anyways I hope you guys didn't spend some crazy amount on him, dude is a bum.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I like the browner talk, but they have to start adding some offense... with edelman and nicks close to other teams, the markets drying quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom