• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
So an hour and a half to go. So Ike Reese was just saying that he has heard that Bryd is negotiating a contract with some team, he said he didnt know what team, and he expects him to sign shortly after FA begins.

Colasante

From Vic Tafur:

#Raiders are strong players in Darrelle Revis sweepstakes, along with Browns, according to league sources

Raiders always made more sense to me than the Browns. Even with the cap increase, it doesn't make sense to have what could become the NFL's two highest paid cornerbacks on the same team. The Raiders have no such problem.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas when will you start playing? My copy should be here by tomorrow

Well, I could start playing today technically since I'll have the copy but I really want to spend my time with the game so I won't really be focused on it till we complete this project Mid April.

However I guess I'll sink my teeth in Friday night/Saturday and Sunday, but then won't be able to play cause of work on the weekdays.

I got a couple of friend requests the last couple of days, but I didn't see a rando one. I'll be playing on PSN.

EDS is going to get overpaid because of the market for centers. He is basically it. Ted is sometimes willing to overpay guys, but he is never willing to overpay linemen.
I was reading (I recently learned) that they might convert Tretter to C.

He's got better size and skills than EDS so I don't think it'd be terrible.

Draxal

I think our perception of Yankey is a little skewed by that Oregon game. He put in a Larry Allen performance that game, and he was markedly pedestrian against Michigan State.

To be fair, I think our perceptions are skewed because of how poor offensive lines have been performing recently in the NFL, there are so many teams complaining about poor lines right now.

Although, from what I've heard read that Sua'Fili is the better prospect.

I think our perception of Yankey is a little skewed by that Oregon game. He put in a Larry Allen performance that game, and he was markedly pedestrian against Michigan State.
Oh, I'm certainly no expert and I'll be the first to eat crow if I'm wrong but I see him as a DeCastro type prospect and I see him going in the mid to late 20's.

I'll admit I don't watch nearly as much college football as you do though but I try to track down tape on youtube for prospects that interest me.

Sanjuro

I'm just sick of that being the first team everybody mentions.

They don't have the cap room to resign every player yet according to ESPN they will sign everyone because Cheaty is a genius.

Cowboys do the same shit and Jerry Jones is an idiot but if Bill does it he is super smart.

There were people saying that Bill was gonna trade 2 1st round picks to sign Jimmy Graham also.

Then Cheaty will draft a punter for a left guard and fans will wonder why Brady isn't standing up straight.

You're a fan of a team in New York. How could you be sick of another team getting heavy coverage?

From Vic Tafur:

Raiders always made more sense to me than the Browns. Even with the cap increase, it doesn't make sense to have what could become the NFL's two highest paid cornerbacks on the same team. The Raiders have no such problem.

Yeah, I didn't think it made sense to trade for him, but if we can sign him with no compensation, I'm all for it. DA and Tarver will use him correctly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was reading (I recently learned) that they might convert Tretter to C.

He's got better size and skills than EDS so I don't think it'd be terrible.

As long as we quit treating the position like Bestbuy treats their holiday employees, then I'm fine with that.

When do they start working on extensions for Cobb and Nelson? I assume that's the only variable left long term for our salary cap.

To be fair, I think our perceptions are skewed because of how poor offensive lines have been performing recently in the NFL, there are so many teams complaining about poor lines right now.

Although, from what I've heard read that Sua'Fili is the better prospect.

I wonder how much of that is due to the new CBA rules about practices?

Colasante

Yeah, I didn't think it made sense to trade for him, but if we can sign him with no compensation, I'm all for it. DA and Tarver will use him correctly.

I'm pretty sure, though not positive, that Cleveland and Oakland are in discussions regarding a trade for Revis, not signing him should he be released. If he's released, I think he's going to Denver or Philadelphia.

@NBCdianna
Sources say it will be between the Eagles or The Redskins for Jairus Byrd #NFLFreeAgency

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry Browns-GAF doesn't look like we're getting Whitner...

Mary Kay tweeted he should be a Brown by 4pm. :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dark Souls II just got picked up. There is no manual in the regular version of the game. I can't tell you how much this shit pisses me off. Demons Souls had a nice, long color manual. Dark Souls I had a nice sized manual.

I can understand a game like Madden not needing a manual but an RPG as deep and complex as DSII, AND I spend $60? Bullshit. We picked it up at Gamestop if that makes a difference, but it was in shrinkwrap as I always demand when I buy a new game.

MechDX

Damn wife making me go to the Houston Livestock Show carnival with the kids. Doesn't care that it's free agent day!

rando14

Dark Souls II just got picked up. There is no manual in the regular version of the game. I can't tell you how much this shit pisses me off. Demons Souls had a nice, long color manual. Dark Souls I had a nice sized manual.

I can understand a game like Madden not needing a manual but an RPG as deep and complex as DSII, AND I spend $60? Bullshit. We picked it up at Gamestop if that makes a difference, but it was in shrinkwrap as I always demand when I buy a new game.

Ugh I hate this trend of no manuals, it's annoying. I ordered the black armor edition so hopefully it comes with something

Though I guess it kinda fits in with the theme of DS not holding anyone's hand, especially in regards to learning how to play lol. BTW I'll resend a request tonight

Lions update:

I'd be upset about it all but I can't buy for a second that's the plan. You're basically trotting out the same line except for Diehl. If you accept Beatty/Pugh as the tackles. That can't happen and I'd have to seriously question the sanity of the FO if they put Eli behind that line.

Good deal for Bell, glad to see.

Things seem quiet on Lions end. Not a lot of money to play with though.

Browns update:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 10m

Browns expected to sign safety Donte Whitner and lose safety T.J. Ward in free agency

Hakeem Nicks update:

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN · 12m

Not a peep, actually. Teams are concerned. RT @sentientbrownie: @DanGrazianoESPN are you hearing anything on nicks? With any team?

On the Revis front:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 7m

Revis rejected request from Bucs to cut pay, won't take less as part of a trade http://

Giants have resigned Safety Stevie Brown. Looks like a 1 year deal coming off of an ACL tear:

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr · 14s

Stevie Brown tweets that he's reached an agreement with the #Giants

that sounds so delightfully texan

kOqOt28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom