• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

methodman

Banned
How is that bad news? 90 seconds is long enough to deflate 11 balls!
Shit... It takes me 10 seconds to deflate both my balls. 11 in 90 is doable.

These guys got the process down to an exact science. "Patriots ball boy" is a process analyst making 100k+ for the job he does on those balls

GnQVg8j.jpg

NaSRVXC.jpg

Pv6hYxK.gif

Talamius

Google fiber needs to spread faster!

Got Centurylink but it is fiber. You will never consider anything else once you get it.

100 down 50 up and the pings are amazing. They are starting to convert their stuff to gig up gig down. Cantwait.gif

Fiber needs to get everywhere.

Farooq

Banned
Er I think the Cowboys are best, they were 0 away

lol PFF though

The Cowboys are paper champs.

I dislike PFF's grading methodology however. I don't understand how you could grade a QB without coaches film. The throws a QB doesn't make (eliminating reads) can be just as important as the throws a QB does make. I think PFF's emphasis on getting their grades out early limits its usefulness.

Edit: My bad DK.

gutshot

The 2015 NFL Draft is still three months away, but with the all-star circuit in the rear view, the draft process is picking up steam. After countless hours of tape and in-person scouting, I put together my initial top-50 draft board for this year's class.

This will fluctuate somewhat throughout the process with three more updates (one after the NFL Combine, another after Pro Days and a final update the week prior to the draft).

1. DT Leonard Williams, USC (6-4, 290, 4.88, JR)
Fast forward five years from now and if I had to guess the best NFL player from this draft class, it would be Williams with his combination of athleticism, power and versatility.

2. QB Jameis Winston, Florida State (6-4, 228, 4.83, rSO)
The maturity and off-field red flags are concerning, but Winston's on-field play is impressive with natural traits and abilities that you don't find often in 21-year old passers.

3. DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida (6-3, 266, 4.84, JR)
While he has some struggles against the run, Fowler has relentless energy and controlled explosion to disrupt the pocket and be a defensive difference-maker in a 3-4 scheme.

4. OG Brandon Scherff, Iowa (6-5, 315, 5.09, rSR)
A college left tackle, Scherff will be a tackle on some draft boards, but his best fit at the next level is inside at guard where he can dominate as a run blocker and pass protector.

5. WR Amari Cooper, Nebraska (6-1, 205, 4.56, JR)
While not in the same conversation as AJ Green and Julio Jones as a prospect, Cooper is very detailed and well-rounded, making it tough to poke holes in his game.

6. WR Kevin White, West Virginia (6-3, 211, 4.56, SR)
No prospect has had a bigger climb since the summer than White, who is terrific at locating, highpointing and making the tough catches look easy with powerful hands.

7. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon (6-4, 212, 4.52, rJR)
Isolating the traits, Mariota has the arm strength, athleticism and elite character for the NFL, but he's far from a can't-miss, taking a huge step from Oregon's offense to the pros.

8. DE/OLB Randy Gregory, Nebraska (6-5, 255, 4.76, rJR)
Although functional strength and durability are question marks, Gregory is an above average athlete at the position with terrific change of direction skills and burst.

9. DT Danny Shelton, Washington (6-1, 343, 5.22, SR)
Shelton needs some technique work, but I've never scouted a nose tackle that makes more plays outside the hashes, along with his impressive blend of brute power and agility.

10. WR DeVante Parker, Louisville (6-2, 209, 4.57, SR)
An impressive size/speed/athleticism specimen, Parker missed most of the 2014 season with a foot injury, but he has all the makings of being a No. 1 at the next level.

The rest of the top 50 here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24999418/nfl-draft-top-50-draft-board-10

#EliteCharacter

Farooq

Banned
My first round wish list is either Brown, Shelton, or Dupree. Slim chance any of them drop to 27.

My next hope is that teams view La'el Collins as a guard and he drops to 27. I doubt this happens as well, too many tackle needy teams that he can help right away.

Don't know if I want the Cowboys to draft Quinten Rollins, I don't know, the kid is definitely talented, but taking the bumps for half a season because he has only played one year at corner doesn't sound fun.

At this point, I just feel like the Cowboys should trade down into the second and hope Carl Davis is there.

brentech

QB Matthew Stafford: His yards were down. So were his touchdowns. His completion percentage eclipsed 60 percent for the second time in his career, but was still 25th in the NFL. His 12 interceptions were way down, but still tied for 16th. Stafford's teammates and coaches all said he did what was asked of him -- and to be fair, he's better than a lot of other options out there. But his 2014 season was the definition of average.
Basically the thoughts in my head.
I got a job at PFF waiting.

Striker

I like how in the list they have Joe Haden at average and then even say in the write up that it makes no sense that he's average because he isn't.
It's a shitty article. It brought up the WCO and mentioned how Eli wasn't asked to do much, because he had a running game (23rd!) and an offense that relied on short passing. Despite every other highly rated QB's, including Tammy*, using a large amount of short passes.

Then it had Daniel Fells as "good" when he was a backup TE to an "average" Donnell. Quintin Demps also "average", same grade as Eli, and he is garbage.

MechDX

Wade Phillips is in Denver to interview for #Broncos defensive coordinator. John Elway and Gary Kubiak played for him when he was DEN HC

Kubes really is getting the band back together.

xnipx

Wade Phillips is in Denver to interview for #Broncos defensive coordinator. John Elway and Gary Kubiak played for him when he was DEN HC

Kubes really is getting the band back together.

So the Texans 2.0 with Peyton starring as Shaub and DT starring as AJ. It's gonna be hilarious when they get the same results and Peyton retires next year.

MechDX

So the Texans 2.0 with Peyton starring as Shaub and DT starring as AJ. It's gonna be hilarious when they get the same results and Peyton retires next year.

Ive been discussing this with Slay on Twitter. I actually do like the hire because I believe Elway would contain Kubiaks ego and personnel decisions, hopefully.

If I was them though I would just release Manning and work with Osweiler. Kubiak does not prepare young players just in case.

Draxal

It's a shitty article. It brought up the WCO and mentioned how Eli wasn't asked to do much, because he had a running game (23rd!) and an offense that relied on short passing. Despite every other highly rated QB's, including Tammy*, using a large amount of short passes.

Then it had Daniel Fells as "good" when he was a backup TE to an "average" Donnell. Quintin Demps also "average", same grade as Eli, and he is garbage.

PFF is garbage.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The appeal and uniqueness of the Fantastic 4 was that they were mature when they got their powers, other than Johnny Storm. It gave them a different perspective. Let's replace them with a bunch of tweens. Fuck off.

eznark

Banned
-The Packers remain the most popular team in the country. They have a +36 net favorability rating with 54% of Americans viewing them favorably to 18% with a negative opinion. The only other teams above +20 are the Seahawks (+25 at 45/20) and the Broncos (+24 at 44/20). The Packers also win out when voters are asked to name their single favorite team- 15% pick the Packers to 13% for the Cowboys, 10% for the Seahawks, and 9% each for the Broncos, Patriots, and Steelers.

fuck you Jerry

jbug617

Banned
Ez looks like the Bucks are staying. Aldridge tweeted this out

major breakthrough for the Bucks' arena deal w Wisconsin governor announcing $220M in state funds, to be repaid through team's expected increased share in national TV rights fees.

Top Bottom