• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

INDIANAPOLIS -- Hundreds of NFL coaches and evaluators coursed through arteries connecting Lucas Oil Stadium to the Indiana Convention Center and surrounding hotels as the scouting combine ramped up Wednesday. Most of the ones I spoke with thought this process would culminate with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers selecting Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston first overall.

"If I were betting, I would say yes, they take him," a general manager from another team said.

Enough red flags have sprouted up around Winston off the field for teams to justify heading in another direction. One evaluator with ties to the 1990s AFC West saw the potential for another Ryan Leaf. A pro personnel director questioned whether Winston would fit with Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith.

But conversations with decision-makers around the league revealed reasons to think some of those concerns are misplaced. As a result, selecting Winston first overall could become a rather straightforward decision, not a tortured one, even though there is always risk.

No comparison to Manziel
With Johnny Manziel in rehab and Leaf's recent prison stint lasting nearly as long as his playing career, cautionary tales abound. At the very least, Winston's various incidents call into question his maturity. The former AFC West evaluator working for another team was the only one to bring up Leaf. None of the evaluators I spoke with thought direct comparisons between Manziel and Winston were warranted.

Now we just need to figure out who #2-32 are.

FSU guards tested really bad, but Cam Irvine proving he's the best IOL prospect in the country. Kid is a freak.

Funchess was a little shorter than I thought but came in lean. Running tomorrow with the wideouts further signifies where NFL coaches view him.

Also to note that Shaq Thompson will be running RB drills, as will Blake Sims.

Spinluck

seaaa.0.gif

I got this for you
NH9gE7v.gif

The day real wienke died.

JFF Bae seems pretty serious about this rehab thing, he's been gone for 3 weeks and apparently he can't even use his phone. PPl have to send letters to him, and farmer said he had phone contact with him during a session jff was doing. Baes not coming back soon, and who knows what his football future holds. But he my bae no matter #banRando

#JoshMcClevelandFuture

rando14

JFF Bae seems pretty serious about this rehab thing, he's been gone for 3 weeks and apparently he can't even use his phone. PPl have to send letters to him, and farmer said he had phone contact with him during a session jff was doing. Baes not coming back soon, and who knows what his football future holds. But he my bae no matter #banMechDX

#JoshMcClevelandFuture

ibmUa3Y3kO0shZ.gif

Bread

Banned
JFF Bae seems pretty serious about this rehab thing, he's been gone for 3 weeks and apparently he can't even use his phone. PPl have to send letters to him, and farmer said he had phone contact with him during a session jff was doing. Baes not coming back soon, and who knows what his football future holds. But he my bae no matter #banRando

#JoshMcClevelandFuture
I believe in Cleve!

MechDX

Penn State TE Jesse James had a big day at the #NFLCombine - O'Brien knows him well and he is massive ran a 4.83 - 6'7" - 261lbs #intriguing

--Twitter

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not too concerned with Winston's character issues. I'd be more concerned with his ability to play at a pro level. He had several absolutely terrible throws/decisions this season.

Jarnet87

I'm not too concerned with Winston's character issues. I'd be more concerned with his ability to play at a pro level. He had several absolutely terrible throws/decisions this season.

his freshman year was much cleaner, but the team was also better. He lost Kenny Shaw and Kelvin Benjamin and frankly the entire team looked lazy and not into almost every game. Besides Green he was playing with a bunch of Freshman receivers and O'Leary didn't look as sharp either.

zychi

Banned
If this was 2008 I'd be losing my shit right now.

After alll the shit Floyd has done since they were trying to do this in 2007, I have no interest. He won a fight by sucker punching a guy, Alvarez and Ortiz were both fixed.

I just don't care. Prime Manny would kill Prime Floyd. Now its just a cash cow they want to get out there before Floyd goes back to jail.

May as well have it on WWE Network at this point

jakncoke

Banned
After alll the shit Floyd has done since they were trying to do this in 2007, I have no interest. He won a fight by sucker punching a guy, Alvarez and Ortiz were both fixed.

I just don't care. Prime Manny would kill Prime Floyd. Now its just a cash cow they want to get out there before Floyd goes back to jail.

May as well have it on WWE Network at this point

You're going to wake up Harson with this post ;)

Top Bottom