• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Colasante

Bud Dupree said he met with the Patriots yesterday. I don't think he'll last to 32, but if he did, I think he'd be the pick. He played defensive end in college but is working with the linebackers at the combine. He'd be another valuable, versatile pass rusher for Bill.

Per @JasonPhilCole, Sam Bradford will not accept a pay cut. Either wants to stay with #Rams long-term or be released, not traded.

Utterly hilarious that Sam Bradford thinks he's worth more than $12 million. I don't blame him one bit, but still, come the fuck on.

giphy.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Easy decision if they can't trade him.

Which they can. People in the NFL for one reason or another still believe in Bradford and the QB free agents and draft class look incredibly soft.

Colasante

Damn, no doubt he is gone then, question is will someone trade for him or will he be cut. Guessing with the dearth of QBs out there, he will get traded.

It'll be interesting to see what he goes for. I'm not a fan of his by any means, but if the Browns can get him for a 5th rounder, that's not a bad deal at all, especially if Mallett fetched a 7th rounder and Schaub a 6th rounder.

zychi

Banned
What is important depends on which console you own and support. And it changes often depending on how your console is doing versus the others.

If you really wanted the best games it seems like you would own a WiiU (if you were ok with losing average to mediocre 3rd party support). Assuming you didn't already have a 3DS.
I dont know if the "you" is a general you, but ive owned a wii u since launch. Nintendo will always have my money because they make Zelda and Mario Kart.

Xbox and playstation, as of this week im a playstation guy. MS finally told me why i was banned. It was because I logged into my account on a friends xbox and played my games there WITH him. Apparently that counts as marketplace theft :eyeroll. Theyre bullshit about support "not being able to view bans" is an asshole way to dealing with it. I literally had to post on a forum, way a few days and then got a xbox message THROUGH XBOX LIVE WHICH I WAS JUST BANNED FROM, in order to find out why i was banned. And all bans are final unless you get reddit or some place behind you to harass them.

Between Halo being a mess, and that, they can piss off with their console. Ill borrow a buddy's to play The Redbox able Gears campaign.

Tldr, PC and Nintendo for life.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PC replacing XBOX and PS is a no brainer unless you're absolutely in love with either or both companies first party offerings.

Patriots7

I still don't see why QB's are getting ridiculous contracts.
If the most accomplished QB of our generation is making ~$9mm a year, how in the hell can Bradford justify $12mm?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't see why QB's are getting ridiculous contracts.
If the most accomplished QB of our generation is making ~$9mm a year, how in the hell can Bradford justify $12mm?

...They nearly had a lockout over this (and other issues that actually fucked up the players royally)

Sam Bradford is literally the last of the Rookie QBs who make waaaay too much money.

eznark

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize his numbers were like that. I just assumed he had some leverage the way things had been playing out so far.

He does. He doesn't want to be a Ram so he is leveraging his ass out of St. Louis. As I look at the QB landscape, it's not a bad move.

Sign a one year prove-it deal somewhere and get PAID

Colasante

Why would anyone take Bradford at 13m when they could trade for Foles at 600k?

Scouts have been drooling over Bradford's arm since Oklahoma, he has the cachet of being the 1st overall pick, and every coach who looks at his potential will think they'll be the one to fix him. I'd rather have Foles than Bradford, but I don't think many in the league feel that way.

He does. He doesn't want to be a Ram so he is leveraging his ass out of St. Louis. As I look at the QB landscape, it's not a bad move.

Sign a one year prove-it deal somewhere and get PAID

Unless Bradford becomes the quarterback of the Broncos, I don't think it's likely that he succeeds enough on a one year deal to get a fat contract. Whether it's the receivers, the line, or the coaching that'll get the blame, Bradford will disappoint and everyone will fall over themselves making excuses about why it wasn't his fault.

bionic77

Hey those dump offs and 5 yard slants won a superbowl.
True.

But it was aided by rampant cheating and cuntyness.

Never forget the second part.

I dont know if the "you" is a general you, but ive owned a wii u since launch. Nintendo will always have my money because they make Zelda and Mario Kart.

Xbox and playstation, as of this week im a playstation guy. MS finally told me why i was banned. It was because I logged into my account on a friends xbox and played my games there WITH him. Apparently that counts as marketplace theft :eyeroll. Theyre bullshit about support "not being able to view bans" is an asshole way to dealing with it. I literally had to post on a forum, way a few days and then got a xbox message THROUGH XBOX LIVE WHICH I WAS JUST BANNED FROM, in order to find out why i was banned. And all bans are final unless you get reddit or some place behind you to harass them.

Between Halo being a mess, and that, they can piss off with their console. Ill borrow a buddy's to play The Redbox able Gears campaign.

Tldr, PC and Nintendo for life.
I only have a PS4 (which I only use to watch movies and I played FIFA 13 for like 10 minutes) and a 3DS (which is perfect but I don't have time to play that shit these days).

If I was still into games I would probably get everything except the Xbox. It just never had any exclusives I was really into. I have gotten Nintendo for its exclusives and Playstation for sports, rpgs and the occasional must have 3rd party game.

Jarnet87

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jameis Winston "checked out fine at the hospital" after doctors at the NFL Combine discovered "weakness" in his throwing shoulder.
RapSheet reports that just one doctor perceived the weakness, which is common in pitchers. Winston pitches for the Florida State baseball team. Per Rapoport, the "throwing-related nerve issue" is "likely minor." It sounds like Winston's shoulder "injury" will end up as a non-story within a few days.
Via roto

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

Jeff Fisher is a schmendrick. Bradford doing everything he can to get off the Rams and he still want to keep a QB who at best takes them to 7-9 or 8-8. Either way they are screwed, because Mariota is the next Bradford IMO.

zychi

Banned
True.

But it was aided by rampant cheating and cuntyness.

Never forget the second part.

I only have a PS4 (which I only use to watch movies and I played FIFA 13 for like 10 minutes) and a 3DS (which is perfect but I don't have time to play that shit these days).

If I was still into games I would probably get everything except the Xbox. It just never had any exclusives I was really into. I have gotten Nintendo for its exclusives and Playstation for sports, rpgs and the occasional must have 3rd party game.
My 3ds has been getting a lot of love lately. 25 hours on MM, Pokemanz, playing through Paper Mario on the train. Just ordered a Gateway and hopefully get to mess with it on sunday.

Bread

Banned
If Bradford could stay healthy he'd be a more than serviceable QB, but idk how anyone could give up assets to take that risk.

eznark

Banned
Scouts have been drooling over Bradford's arm since Oklahoma, he has the cachet of being the 1st overall pick, and every coach who looks at his potential will think they'll be the one to fix him. I'd rather have Foles than Bradford, but I don't think many in the league feel that way.

Unless Bradford becomes the quarterback of the Broncos, I don't think it's likely that he succeeds enough on a one year deal to get a fat contract. Whether it's the receivers, the line, or the coaching that'll get the blame, Bradford will disappoint and everyone will fall over themselves making excuses about why it wasn't his fault.

"PAID" in a relative sense. McCown got $5m for half a good year with the Bears. Bradford could get $7.5m if he shows flashes somewhere and stays healthy.

jakncoke

Banned
My goddamn pipes froze and now I don't have any hot water. Any one know how to thaw frozen pipes?

Someone burned their house down today trying to thaw pipes. I assume they were using open flames. Dont be them.

Negative temperatures let you know you're alive! Or something.

But really it sucks balls. I'm jealous.

It sure does specially after multiple hours in it and ice in your facial hair include eyebrows

Milchjon

You're back! Woooooo! What kind of math?

Numerical Methods. Shit kicked my butt.

I took a written geographic information systems test last week that turned out to be really hard, I think the teacher could see my dried tears on the test.

Worst thing is one of our profs loves to tweet terrible test answers.
It's fun when it's other people, but I think I might end up among them this time around :*(

Top Bottom