• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Your top 3 QB options for next season:

i

894294-bigthumbnail.jpg

ducksdagger.0.gif

:)

Fixed

Hunter S.

There's been a lot of loose talk from fans about "Peyton should hang it up." Well, he very well might do it. If he does, then Elway clearly wants to give Brock Osweiler a chance to prove if he can be a Super Bowl caliber QB. But, the grim meat hook reality is that Osweiler has about a 2% chance of being any good and 98% chance of sucking - statistically speaking.

It is early. But, it is time to face some realities.

2 57 Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State Denver Broncos
3 75 Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin Seattle Seahawks
3 88 Nick Foles QB Arizona Philadelphia Eagles
4 102 Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State Washington Redskins
6 185 Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State Arizona Cardinals
7 243 B.J. Coleman QB Tennessee-Chattanooga Green Bay Packers
7 253 Chandler Harnish QB Northern Illinois Indianapolis Colts

Clayton just said that Trestman and Smith would team up with JDR in Oakland.

He also said that Sparano was getting the gig last Thursday, so eh.

Still, I would be pretty hyped for that coaching staff if it comes to pass.

Jarnet87

Bucs are about to embark on a ten year tank campaign to nowhere behind Supreme Tank Admiral Lovie.

AKA the Raiders Offensive

Mate we are about to experience something never before seen in Tampa, an exploseev offense. Jameis Winston to Mike "six bottles" Evans and V Jax. What a time to be alive.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 3m3 minutes ago
RT @RavensInsider John Harbaugh on Steve Spagnuolo: 'That's something he deserves an opportunity to get a look at.'

Spags will interview for the position tomorrow.

Carr's lady is nice but he's an NFL quarterback, one of the most glamorous (and highly paid) job positions in the world.

If he's not pulling 9s or better, he's either not trying or he's the ugliest motherfucker alive.

Hell, if Luck can pull dimes looking like Fred Flintstone, any NFL QB can do it.

Circling back to Schwartz:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 6m6 minutes ago
To those asking about Jim Schwatz: from what I understand he is NOT on the list of DC candidates as of this writing.

Pat isn't one to throw out bullshit either.

Ralph posted this:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 4m4 minutes ago
Spagnuolo, from everything I've heard, is the favorite for the Giants DC job. As I wrote earlier, they want to talk w/Dennis Allen, too.

Which isn't surprising either.

Clayton just said that Trestman and Smith would team up with JDR in Oakland.

He also said that Sparano was getting the gig last Thursday, so eh.

Still, I would be pretty hyped for that coaching staff if it comes to pass.

If JDR brings Trestman and Smith with him, I'd be on board with that

Keith Butler's introductory press conference at 4PM EST.

I really don't want to believe this

Falcons should be the number 1 job in the league. Entrenched franchise starter in his prime, one of the top 5 Wideouts in the league. Rex avoided it,Bowles avoiding it. Fox hasn't mentioned it (unless I missed it.) No coach wants to go to a place where he could get wiped out from overdue GM housecleaning.

tmdorsey

Keith Butler's introductory press conference at 4PM EST.

Falcons should be the number 1 job in the league. Entrenched franchise starter in his prime, one of the top 5 Wideouts in the league. Rex avoided it,Bowles avoiding it. Fox hasn't mentioned it (unless I missed it.) No coach wants to go to a place where he could get wiped out from overdue GM housecleaning.

It's definitely fucked up, but I think if the GM got let go, Blank would lobby for whoever the coach is to be given a chance by whoever the incoming GM happens to be, or just turnover complete control to the coach. I think part of the restructuring where the coach reports directly to Blank sort of hints to that.

Broncs making a play for JDR now too.

Kinda expected it before last night, but then it sounded like they were gonna let him go.

ATL would be a nice spot for him too, hope they don't make a play.

Sounds like he prefers Oakland tho.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 23h 23 hours ago

Oh, and Jack Del Rio won a HS state title for Hayward High on the same Oakland Coliseum turf he’d like to walk as the #Raiders head coach

Jack Del Rio hasn’t hid how badly he wants #Raiders job. Grew up a Raiders fan, parents are season tix holders, brother works security there

John Elway thanks himself

Hunter S.

Del Rio does not seem like a big enough step away from Fox. If you are going to fire Fox you should head a very different direction.

Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling · 19m 19 minutes ago

From @RapSheet: "I can tell you the reviews on Osweiler are high" inside Broncos building. They have confidence if Peyton doesn't return.

Osweiler era set to begin.

Del Rio does not seem like a big enough step away from Fox. If you are going to fire Fox you should head a very different direction.

He's more aggressive. And you could tell the team played with a little more fire for him last year during interim. I think that's when the seeds of doubt started to sow about Fox.

I think Elway wants Quinn tho. JDR won't leave Oakland without a contract today imo.

Gettleman tidbits:

Team has slightly more cap flexibility, but still not interested in making splashes for big name players. "Moved up a class from the dollar store"

No movement on Hardy. Until trial is complete, won't talk about his future with team.

Will talk to DeAngelo Williams about his future in the franchise (Famously refused to talk with Steve Smith until he cut him last year)

"Cam Newton is a franchise quarterback". But won't talk about contract yet.

Gives Byron Bell benefit of the doubt for his play at LT this year, but willing to make move there in FA or draft if it upgrades team.

Likes draft depth at OT, WR, and DE.

I thought the coaches were the losers of the Championship Games. When did they change this?

Probably when they moved the Pro Bowl up two weeks to before the SB.

Harder to expect these coaches to coach in the championship games and then turn around and fly out to Hawaii and coach a brand new group of guys in a week.

Especially if they want to keep this semi-competitive.

EDIT: I guess the Pro Bowl's in Arizona this year. Still the point stands.

Top Bottom