• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

TraBuch

Banned
The 49ers are fucked the next couple seasons. I'll still watch them of course, it probably won't be as bad as watching an offense that consisted of Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey at QB throwing to Cedric Wilson, Rashaun Woods, Curtis Conway, and Brandon Lloyd with Kevan Barlow running it, but it'll still be bad.

God that 2004 team was bad.

MechDX

The Browns would force him out there way too early and destroy his career, just like the last 21 qbs they've had.

I laughed way to hard at this.

That doesn't make any sense, why would Gase interview with the 49ers if he wasn't interested in the job? Did his dinner with York go that poorly or something?

Or Gase wants full 53 control and would not get it . I'm thinking it may be the same reason he has not been given the Broncos job yet

Mrbob

Would you want to have your first HC job flushed down the toilet due to having an inept QB like Kap? I can see why Gase turned the Niners job down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...denied-giants-coughlin-move-article-1.2079702

“I thought it went real well,” Johnson said. “I went out after the interview doing that old Toyota commercial, jumping and clicking my heels.”

Now, though, he may instead be left out of a job completely. The Giants, according to multiple sources, have narrowed their search for a defensive coordinator to Steve Spagnuolo, who was their defensive coordinator in 2007-08, and former Raiders coach Dennis Allen, with no more interviews currently scheduled. They had also interviewed Washington defensive backs coach Raheem Morris, but a source said he’s no longer a candidate either.

Johnson, meanwhile, said he was told by Rex Ryan, the new Buffalo Bills coach, a job would be waiting for him on Ryan’s staff. In fact, Johnson said, he spoke to Ryan about that as recently as Wednesday. But on Thursday, the Buffalo Bills announced Ryan’s staff and there was no mention of Johnson. It also appeared that every defensive job was filled.

Feel bad for him. Obviously there's a reason he continues to be passed over but I've felt that frustration before at work in the past. Hope he's able to secure something with another team soon.

mr2xxx

Banned
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2m2 minutes ago
The #Redskins have hired former #Cowboys OC and offensive line coach Bill Callahan to very lucrative three-year contract.

Not a bad hire but sucks that we are transitioning to a power scheme and having to pretty much start anew with the exception of Trent.

Furyous

Stop pls.
Quiz, what round was Brady drafted in?

The person I responded to quoted a picture that listed Spergon Wynn, Bruce Gradowski, Ken Dorsey, and Colt McCoy amongst others. Brady was drafted by the Patriots in the same way Colt McCoy was drafted by the Browns. Both front offices felt the need to draft a quarterback. In other words, don't blame a team (leave my team alone) for a quarterback not panning out. If that's the argument then Patriots have a lot of bodies on their hands word to Zac Robinson.

Bread

Banned
The person I responded to quoted a picture that listed Spergon Wynn, Bruce Gradowski, Ken Dorsey, and Colt McCoy amongst others. Brady was drafted by the Patriots in the same way Colt McCoy was drafted by the Browns. Both front offices felt the need to draft a quarterback. In other words, don't blame a team (leave my team alone) for a quarterback not panning out. If that's the argument then Patriots have a lot of bodies on their hands word to Zac Robinson.
Oh god i feel like we're encroaching on Trent Truck trade territory (holy alliteration) with that wording.

The Pats had 4 quarterbacks in 2000. Drafting Brady was by no means a "need" thing, they just saw him fall and thought he would be good to have.

That doesn't make any sense, why would Gase interview with the 49ers if he wasn't interested in the job? Did his dinner with York go that poorly or something?

8 hour 2nd interview, they offered him job. He turned them down because it's a total shit show there with the front office and structure. Tomsula, the yes man, was plan b. Makes perfect sense.

Furyous

Oh god i feel like we're encroaching on Trent Truck trade territory (holy alliteration) with that wording.

The Pats had 4 quarterbacks in 2000. Drafting Brady was by no means a "need" thing, they just saw him fall and thought he would be good to have.

That's cool and all but they drafted Tom Brady to fill a position of need so my point stands. Otherwise they don't draft a quarterback. If you have any issues then direct them to the person that responded to me trolling or the person that posted that initial picture. I stand by the Colts' front office initial response to that particular trade.

Dragon

Banned

Do you ever wonder if you have no idea what you're talking about?

That's cool and all but they drafted Tom Brady to fill a position of need so my point stands. Otherwise they don't draft a quarterback. If you have any issues then direct them to the person that responded to me trolling or the person that posted that initial picture. I stand by the Colts' front office initial response to that particular trade.

If your response to an argument is repeat what you said before and not actually look at the evidence before deciding that what you typed was dumb...well you're dumb. Bread came up with evidence which DIRECTLY contradicted your point. Seriously you might as well talk to a brick wall.

Bread

Banned
Oooooook.

So every draft pick ever has been to fill a position of need, according to that logic.

I wouldn't mind some help along the O-line either. Maybe a TE. Really, anything on offense other than QB is a draft pick I wouldn't mind. We could use some more depth along the D-line as well, but that's something every team is looking for :p
Yeah, stacking depth for DL is a never ending battle. I guess one blessing of our 2014 season is that we got a true test against our depth and were able to see what we had in a lot of our non-starters. I imagine this will really help when making cuts for the 2015 season and there will be less guesswork if someone goes down as to who we should have taking those snaps. I can see it being difficult how to use your early picks between OL, WR, TE, and RB.
Arizona should take Cardale at the end of the first. Sit behind Palmer and learn for two years. Prototypical qb for Arians. Big arm, can take the punishment his offense will deal the qb.
We already have that player, Logan Thomas. A guy that won't be ready for a couple seasons and is a complete project. We can doubt him all we want and maybe he won't pan out but I have a lot more faith in the likes of Arians and Tom Moore thinking they can groom him into a franchise guy than any of our opinions. His situation at VT was a disaster but now he has a great coaching staff who are taking their time with him. He has the intangibles, just need to fix his footwork and teach him to read defenses. He has plenty of time to take care of both.

Furyous

Oooooook.

So every draft pick ever has been to fill a position of need, according to that logic.

You are entitled to your own opinion on draft logic.

Teams draft players to fill needs in all rounds. Nothing you wrote contradicted my point. I'm sorry that you lack the intellectual capacity to see this. Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about... again.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We already have that player, Logan Thomas. A guy that won't be ready for a couple seasons and is a complete project. We can doubt him all we want and maybe he won't pan out but I have a lot more faith in the likes of Arians and Tom Moore thinking they can groom him into a franchise guy than any of our opinions. His situation at VT was a disaster but now he has a great coaching staff who are taking their time with him. He has the intangibles, just need to fix his footwork and teach him to read defenses. He has plenty of time to take care of both.

Good point. Forgot about that guy.

CqHtmAg.jpg
Lowell Cohn @LowellCohn

I love Del Rio hiring. Raiders have serious head coach; Niners have clown.

I laughed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Early in the week: "Logan Thomas is our starter for the next game."

After a few more practices: "Nope, scratch that, Lindley is our man."

He couldn't out play Ryan Lindley. A QB who can barely complete passes, synonymous with failure. He's quite the project all right.

Dragon

Banned
You are entitled to your own opinion on draft logic.

Teams draft players to fill needs in all rounds. Nothing you wrote contradicted my point. I'm sorry that you lack the intellectual capacity to see this. Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about... again.

Please go eat cow shit.

Early in the week: "Logan Thomas is our starter for the next game."

After a few more practices: "Nope, scratch that, Lindley is our man."

He couldn't out play Ryan Lindley. A QB who can barely complete passes, synonymous with failure. He's quite the project all right.

No shit. They said the second they drafted him that he was a project that wouldn't see the field for a few years. It's laughable when people try to slam him as he is now. Arians didn't want to play him because he doesn't want to ruin his confidence as has happened with many young QBs in the past. They almost played him because of how dismal our QB situation was but Logan was never supposed to see the field at all this season nor next and really it's going to come down to how long Carson can play. Cards fans just have to hope Logan progresses enough to handle starting by the time Palmer hangs it up.

Donovan McNabb ✔ @donovanjmcnabb

With the decision ahead of us from Cardale Jones, I hope his decision will be to go back to school to improve on my game. We seem to loose

gzjgas7b7qlgeblujt6y.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No shit. They said the second they drafted him that he was a project that wouldn't see the field for a few years. It's laughable when people try to slam him as he is now. Arians didn't want to play him because he doesn't want to ruin his confidence as has happened with many young QBs in the past. They almost played him because of how dismal our QB situation was but Logan was never supposed to see the field at all this season nor next and really it's going to come down to how long Carson can play. Cards fans just have to hope Logan progresses enough to handle starting by the time Palmer hangs it up.

btw, this is what I was arguing Cardale is going to need. Someone who will stick to his guns and leave him on the bench, regardless of how much the fans bitch.

We just changed our uniforms two seasons ago, we're not gonna change them again already AND add red.
The only red the chickens will have on them is a Cardinal when one is smashing that chicken into the ground ;)
btw, this is what I was arguing Cardale is going to need. Someone who will stick to his guns and leave him on the bench, regardless of how much the fans bitch.

Yeah I knew what you were saying, I was just reminding you we had that guy already. I also don't believe in drafting a project as early as Cardale will get taken unless you are so stacked that your whole draft is luxury picks.

Jarnet87

I dont really buy that you need to groom a QB. For me it comes down to some kids can just adapt to the NFL level, and some cant. Some of these guys who have been busts could of sat for 10 years and they still would of stunk. You have it or you dont.

I dont really buy that you need to groom a QB. For me it comes down to some kids can just adapt to the NFL level, and some cant. Some of these guys who have been busts could of sat for 10 years and they still would of stunk. You have it or you dont.

You can see flashes in plays that make you feel that QB has "it" but he could have broken fundamentals due to bad coaching which is Logan Thomas' case. His footwork can be fixed and how many QBs wouldn't benefit off of learning from the bench for a few seasons? Rodgers sure as hell did. Granted, we don't know how ready he was early on because they had a great QB playing but more likely than not he wouldn't have took off so quick if he had to start as a rookie. I agree that there are guys that won't be good under any condition, that's obvious since there are so few quality QBs in the world. Arians thinks he sees a franchise QB after some work is put in and who are any of us to doubt him? Worst case scenario we 'wasted' a 4th rounder and it's not like there are great prospects going into the draft for us to snag this year.

That's brave.

Never against a brother getting an education, but there's a great chance his NFL stock is never going to be higher than it is right now. Huge risk

RELAYER

Banned
Have you guys ever had one of those dreams where you are running away from something but it feels like you are running in mud or are in slow-motion?

That's what that Landry Jones gif reminds me of. Makes me uneasy like a nightmare.

Cagey

Banned
I'm... moderately excited for this.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo · 12m 12 minutes ago

Source says the Giants are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as defensive coordinator. Everyone look surprised.

jakncoke

Banned
That's brave.

Never against a brother getting an education, but there's a great chance his NFL stock is never going to be higher than it is right now. Huge risk

Why couldnt he transfer to another school that would have him. Would greatly be better for him imo. People keep saying his stock wont be higher. idk mang if im a gm and what not, most im risking is like a 7th on dude. Sitting out a year for transfer then playing a entire year at a mid major or possibly major school would be a net positive or at least neutral.

Top Bottom