• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Schwartz and Mayhew saying Slay doesn't have a long term injury. If this guy gets injured they should both be fired.

Some overall analysis of Darius Slay:

STRENGTHS Slay has a good build for the position and long arms. Gets good use out his length and will use his hands to disturb receivers during the route. Very good at attacking the hands and arms as the receiver goes for the reception, forces a lot of drops. Works across the face of his blockers, and creates separation with his length. Physical tackler. Solid hands. Talented special teams player and a hard worker.

WEAKNESSES On the slimmer side and could stand to add strength. Stays too upright in his backpedal. Doesn't have the quickest feet, faster receivers could give him issues. Struggles with putting his foot in the ground and driving on the ball. Lacks great change of direction skills. Can get locked on blocks when trying to attack downhill. Not an impressive blitzer.

NFL COMPARISON Antoine Cason

BOTTOM LINE Slay is an aggressive corner with good length. He is skilled in playing the hands of the receiver and forces incompletions because of it. Slay's toughness translates when it comes to his run defense and special teams play. He's going to have to prove his speed at the combine, but he should go in the middle rounds*.

He's a decent height, has wheels, long arms, physical tackler and has solid hands. I'm liking the pick, but I do agree he needs to add some muscle/weight.

*He ended up running a 4.36 40 yard time so that issue was taken care of.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
49ers fans...how does it feel to be fans of a team that drafts well, stacks talent, and runs an organization the right way. I just want to know what that feels like.

Unbelievable. I was thinking the same thing.

Niners took Tank? fuck. How powerful will this douchey organization get? I wanted that kid too to make things worse... Alright Cards, snag Minter!

Jtrizzy

49ers fans...how does it feel to be fans of a team that drafts well, stacks talent, and runs an organization the right way. I just want to know what that feels like.

af09b72096757f92e71cd016bf0ec0cb.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Davon Bess apparently signed a 3 year extension before beign traded to the Browns. It was apparently a 4th rounder too. Gulp.

LJ11

LJ breakdown please

off to a better start than yesterday! ;)
Of Woods?

This is what I remember, motion left, snap throw to the flats, run after catch. That's woods to me, not saying he's bad, just what I remember, guess it wasn't much. Also think he plays fast.

Edit:really like Watson, inconsistent but he flash Jason Peters type, sick blows and athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom