• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Some more scout analysis of Darius Slay:

Darius Slay was a little known prospect at the beginning of the season, now it’s possible he could go before highly touted teammate Johnthan Banks. Slay is one of the most athletic corners in the draft with a long athletic frame. He’s new to the starting role, but made tremendous strides in coverage over the season. He’s shown plenty of potential to cover in both zone and man systems. In zone he can transition out of his back-peddle quickly to close separation and break on the ball.
He’s able to use his length to congest the catch point and get his hands on the ball. Slay is a willing run defender, usually getting himself in good position and will only improve with more time. Slay is a special teams stand out that will add value to an NFL roster with his ability on coverage units. Slay is likely going to be a day two selection and could go as high as round two.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6170

Afrikan

49ers fans...how does it feel to be fans of a team that drafts well, stacks talent, and runs an organization the right way. I just want to know what that feels like.

still trying to get used to it friend.

Erickson> Nolan> Singletary....... *sigh* still trying to get used it.

789shadow

Banned
377247_530860580293968_1477479233_n.jpg
Perfect.

Bowser

Hope the Panthers take either Jamar Taylor or Jonathan Banks. Wouldn't be too mad with Larry Warford either. Hope we don't take a WR though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mayock saying this tackle "has no idea what he's doing"

Welcolme to the NFL. Your playing football on Sundays now, instead of Saturday!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No matter who the Jets drafted people would be mocking the pick.

Gotta love how people laugh at Mark Sanchez getting replaced. What a horrible pick.

Will be a long term piece on the line, but just unexpected. Lotta good defensive players still available and Lacy still there. DMC won't play 16 games this year and is in a contract year, unlikely to be resigned.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously all this bullshit is ridiculous.

Broncos waste a 2nd rd pick on a QB last year instead of taking somebody who could have helped them win.

Patriots waste a 3rd rd pick on a QB two years ago instead of taking somebody who could have helped them win.

Jets spend a 2nd rd pick to replace Mark Fucking Sanchez and people act like its a woeful pick. Give me a break.

Tamanon

Banned

Broncos waste a 2nd rd pick on a QB last year instead of taking somebody who could have helped them win.

Patriots waste a 3rd rd pick on a QB two years ago instead of taking somebody who could have helped them win.

Jets spend a 2nd rd pick to replace Mark Fucking Sanchez and people act like its a woeful pick. Give me a break.

I think it's more that Geno Smith is expected to also be a Sanchez-level QB.

Godslay

Banned

Developmental QBs though. Theory is either develop them to take over, or for a trade. I wasn't happy with it last year, but I understand why they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom