• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

What's wrong with lamb???

It makes some people's hearts bleed.

latest

Today is my last day of college classes EVER. It's also #WorstBehaviorWednesday.

Y'all should preemptively PrayForGrover

#Praying4Grover

Don't do anything too incriminating that can haunt you in the future, I need you by my side when I run for office.

Kinda agree though. Should save all those cute lambs and eat useless dogs instead.

The. Worst.

What's wrong with lamb???

It's too delicious.

eznark

Banned
Cris Collinsworth remains the fucking greatest.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2015/04/22/nfl-collinsworth/

Some version of analytics can be found in every NFL front office. The same can’t be said for the broadcasting world, which has largely stayed away from heavy-duty number crunching.

NBC football analyst Cris Collinsworth and Pro Football Focus, his recently purchased analytics company, are trying to change that.

In Collinsworth’s first step toward bringing his company to the forefront of the growing football analytics movement, “Pro Football Focus: Grading the 2015 Draft” will debut on Monday on NBC Sports Network (5:30 p.m. ET). The show will feature Collinsworth and Pro Football Focus analysts, including founder Neil Hornsby, using their grading system to discuss next week’s draft.

The show is a test balloon of sorts for the popular analytics website in its attempt to transition to television. Network executives say that the information used could begin popping up on game broadcasts—a radical change for most broadcasts, which only have 20 seconds, on average, between plays, and tend to stay away from advanced statistics.

Their task is easier said than done: breaking down next-level analytics for the millions of casual NFL fans.

“For me, this level of detail makes the game easier to understand. For me to say ‘he has seven interceptions, but two of them were tipped balls that fluttered in the air,’ that helps in the evaluation,” Collinsworth said.

Collinsworth said that he and Pro Football Focus are trying to change how fans view certain types of players and plays. “We’re telling you which plays to take a longer look at. There’s a story behind the story,” Collinsworth said. He mentioned the idea that interceptions can be positive plays. “Did the quarterback make a good throw and it tipped off the receiver’s hand or the receiver was looking the other way? By the same token, we won’t give a quarterback some monstrous credit on an 80-yard touchdown because he flicked it to the running back who ran the whole way.”

ampere

Throwing up because a tasty meal had lamb in it?

Wat

If it's because "lambs are adorable" well so are pigs. Cows are ugly though.

bionic77

Today is my last day of college classes EVER. It's also #WorstBehaviorWednesday.

Y'all should preemptively PrayForGrover
Leaving college is always a sad time.

Everyone is excited at moving onto bigger and better things, but that shit ain't going to happen for most of you. This was likely the best time of your life.

AT CHARGERS-L
AT VIKINGS-W
BRONCOS-W
AT SEAHAWKS-L
CARDINALS-W
BEARS-W
VIKINGS-W
AT CHIEFS-W
AT PACKERS-L
RAIDERS-W
EAGLES-W
PACKERS-W
AT RAMS-L
AT SAINTS-L
49ERS-W
AT BEARS-W

I'm leaning toward 11-5 but we can easily get swept by Green Bay and lose to Minnesota at home but 11-5 is feasible but it's up to how the new defense will look and the offense will look in year 2 of Lombardi's offense.

Konka

Banned

Everyone is excited at moving onto bigger and better things, but that shit ain't going to happen for most of you. This was likely the best time of your life.

That's why you go move to Europe to go to college more.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yup, absolutely. After college your life could turn into something depressing like desperately re-registering for an internet forum you got banned from instead of moving on with your life.

I said got damn twice.

Bionic is more than likely right but getting that first real paycheck is an awesome feeling. Hopefully you'll work somewhere (eventually) that you're passionate about!

bionic77

jesus, man
I must have gone too far if this post disgusts eznark.

I change my vote.

Its all roses and sunshines college graduates just like your commencement speaker will surely point out to you! As awesome as college was it only gets better from here on out!

JNA

Banned

Not totally true. At least, not for me. My college experience was...meh. Having a much better life now than I did before so there is that.

College use to stress me out almost every day. Almost to a certain point. :( But thank goodness I was able to get through it.

But hey, you're a family man yourself aren't you?

Spinluck

In need to find a reason to move overseas like Konka. I would remain American and spread the good news (Tebow).

I also get to try different foods and women.

Yeah, but it sucks that 7 of the first 9 games are away from home. At least we play most of our tough games at home.
Honestly I don't even pay much attention to whether it's home or away, Miami fans suck anyway so it's not like there is much of a home field advantage. There will probably be more Dolphins jerseys at the London game than a typical Dolphins home game, haha.

If you are a local fan I apologize!

bionic77

Not totally true. At least, not for me. My college experience was...meh. Having a much better life now than I did before so there is that.

College use to stress me out almost every day. Almost to a certain point. :( But thank goodness I was able to get through it.

But hey, you're a family man yourself aren't you?
Most and likely are words that have meanings. Look them up.

And I am in a good place right now in my life. Hope I can keep it going for as long as possible. But the older I get the more I see the value of luck, both good and bad. When shit is good enjoy it, because there is no guarantee of how long it will last.

Enough sad words.

Fuck the west coast. All the good NBA games are in the wrong time zone and I don't want to stay up until 2am every night to watch them.

Spinluck

Are you kidding me? Colts vs Phins is at the end of December?

Hopefully we suck towards the end of the season and don't rest starters. I want my moneys worth.

Konka

Banned
In need to find a reason to move overseas like Konka. I would remain American and spread the good news (Tebow).

I also get to try different foods and women.

My next destination in maybe two years is Sydney Australia to take care of the old Ph.D, that'll get me a few years of sun and beaches!

JNA

Banned
Are you kidding me? Colts vs Phins is at the end of December?

Hopefully we suck towards the end of the season and don't rest starters. I want my moneys worth.

Be careful what you wish for. What if sucking in and that Phins game determines getting in the playoffs or not? 0_0

Honestly I don't even pay much attention to whether it's home or away, Miami fans suck anyway so it's not like there is much of a home field advantage. There will probably be more Dolphins jerseys at the London game than a typical Dolphins home game, haha.

If you are a local fan I apologize!

Yeah I am local, lol. I think the fans will actually come out this year, there is a decent amount of buzz about this team, even pre-draft. A lot of locals are excited about the upcoming season , and are expecting a playoff birth.

I think I will be at the Giants, Colts, and Patriots game for sure. I'm going to try to make it to the Cowboys and Ravens game.

Top Bottom