• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
colin-kaepernick-espys-red-jacket.jpg

#swag

Not buying the Eagles talk about Bradford being their guy

minx

White girl dancing with bow on booty.gif is a thing of beauty. From an anime poster of all people.

These bannings... I'm scared.

Something that has come up with this Bradford rumors:

The rumor as I heard it is that the Eagles want to sign Bradford to an extension with a no trade clause. The discussion is, who leaked this info? Is this a smokescreen from other teams to try to lower Bradfords value, or a smokescreen from the Eagles to raise his value?

The thought being, if other teams want Bradford, the Eagles may have leaked it to raise his value (he's be harder to get). But for Tennessee or any of the teams in the top 12, they may have leaked it to make it sound like Bradford wouldn't extend with them, so that he draws less in trade value.

effzee

95% sure Bradford is the guy. At this point I'd believe a trade for Kap over moving up for Mariota.

Maybe Gregory or Ray fall to the 2nd now? If Eagles get their #1 guy at 20 (I'm thinking Byron Jones or top WR on their board) then they might in a great place to get one of these rushers in the 2nd!

I'd take the risk on Ray.

Draxal

95% sure Bradford is the guy. At this point I'd believe a trade for Kap over moving up for Mariota.

Maybe Gregory or Ray fall to the 2nd now? If Eagles get their #1 guy at 20 (I'm thinking Byron Jones or top WR on their board) then they might in a great place to get one of these rushers in the 2nd!

I think Armstead falls there and Kelly will be all over that, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got him in the first round.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Missouri DR Shane Ray, a projected Top 10 Thursday, was cited for possession of marijuana and a traffic violation early Monday in Missouri.

So who lands Shane Ray when he cleans his shit up?

More and more I am pushing for them to take Nelson Algohor at the WR spot, as I had in our draft planning emails. But yeah, I am also 100% on board with Byron Jones still as well. Don't really know that we need the pash rush though.

The crazy thing is that I said to my wife the day I heard about what happened to Mr. Gray that it was a nickel ride. Now a lot of people are coming out and saying it, almost as if surprised. This screamed nickel ride to me.

There should be cameras in every paddywagon.

cdyhybrid

Well, I don't think it's as bad as having no team, but trading away your best player for a ham sandwich when you're on the cusp of potentially having three 1st-team All-NBA players, and seeing it all go down the drain since you hired a terrible coach who wasted your stars' prime, and watching your remaining stars sign free agent contracts in non-shitty cities so you're doomed to the lottery for the rest of time is pretty bad.

JABEE

Does anyone else think it's weird how being linked to marijuana is being reported as a reason for a top 10 draft pick to fall out of the first round?

The whole Josh Gordon thing was stupid. Weed isn't a big deal. The NFL needs to move on from the 50s.

ampere

Does anyone else think it's weird how being linked to marijuana is being reported as a reason for a top 10 draft pick to fall out of the first round?

The whole Josh Gordon thing was stupid. Weed isn't a big deal. The NFL needs to move on from the 50s.

Agree. It's super stupid, but as long as it's still banned by the NFL it's a risk for a team. If he gets caught smoking or fails a drug test, it's a suspension.

So teams being smart, NFL rules being antiquated.

Draxal

It's more how they deal with the spotlight, you know the coverage is on you and the fact that they did it is the red flag more than the marijuana itself is. NFL teams sees it as being a Will Hill red flag.

JABEE

It's more how they deal with the spotlight, you know the coverage is on you and the fact that they did it is the red flag more than the marijuana itself is. NFL teams sees it as being a Will Hill red flag.
I know, but at what point does something being an idiot test become pointless.

Gordon may be an idiot who is careless and got caught for weed and alcohol, but did it really hurt him the year that he was an All-Pro. Marijuana only prevented him from excelling at his job in the sense that smoking weed has led to people and entities off the field ban him from doing his job.

Josh Gordon career was destroyed by the NFL, not marijuana. He destroyed his own career in the sense that he was too careless to fake his results like the rest of the NFL.

Weed pretty much has nothing to do with it, it's about decision making. He knows it's illegal, he knows he's days away from being a millionaire, but he he chose to do something to jeopardize that. If you are a GM or a coach in the NFL ,when the vast majority of those positions have zero job security, are you going to risk your job on this kid?

MechDX

No. Draftees need to not be stupid.

Also:

Also, according to info from 5 NFL teams, Shane Ray failed a drug test early on in his career at Missouri. That comes back to haunt him now.--Breer Twitter

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He has immaculate hand writing.

Assuming he wrote it.

Also no way the Bucks or Nets win either of these series, let's be real.

Edit: never mind, Nets may win but it's even less probable the Bucks do.

JABEE

Weed pretty much has nothing to do with it, it's about decision making. He knows it's illegal, he knows he's days away from being a millionaire, but he he chose to do something to jeopardize that. If you are a GM or a coach in the NFL ,when the vast majority of those positions have zero job security, are you going to risk your job on this kid?

I would draft Randy Moss and Dan Marino.

Top Bottom