• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

manfestival

so my SUV was fishtailing and felt like I was about to lose control of my ride a few times this morning in the rain. Back tires had no treading on them. Super scary time

ampere

Most things associated with Brady and the Pats are disgusting.

Why does this particular one bother you so much?

Being the greatest NFL QB of all time is not disgusting!

I had an unrelated question for you, bionic.

If I ever get married will you come to my wedding?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why wouldn't the Jets listen to offers on Wilkerson? They should be listening to offers on almost every tradeable asset on the team. It'd be stupid not to do your due diligence especially before you decide to give a guy a ton of money.

How's Denver? I'm thinking about applying for a job there.

I hated Denver. It was too sprawled. The down town was small and didn't really have much noteworthy stuff and the nightlife seemed limited to bro bars in a lot of ways. Not a ton of culture/art. We went to their "First Friday" art events and they were a huge let down. Museums are small and not plentiful. Public transit didn't seem that good, but I didn't get first hand experience since a friend lived there and drove us around. Not much interesting architecturally. The food scene was just average, maybe below average. There were TONS, I mean TONS of homeless people. The only good thing about Denver is the proximity to the mountains and to areas like Boulder or Golden. The area around the city is flat as can be, but you can see the foothills in the distance. I doubt I'd go back for a vacation ever again, the only reason I'll go back is to visit my friend.

Can we just skip the draft this year?

HISTORY: Here's one measurement of the many draft misfires by the Dolphins: When they reached a five-year agreement this month with center Mike Pouncey, he became the first first-round pick to sign a second contract with Miami since running back Ronnie Brown, who was drafted in 2005.

Another gauge: Only one draft pick from 2013, linebacker Jelani Jenkins, has cracked the starting lineup.

''The draft should be fun,'' Tannenbaum said. ''You're improving your team. It's a great opportunity.''

To return to title contention, Miami must draft better.

The traffic is shit, but otherwise, a great city. You should apply for a job in Boulder. Close enough to Denver, but a college town and great for creeping on girls with nice asses.

I hated Denver. It was too sprawled. The down town was small and didn't really have much noteworthy stuff and the nightlife seemed limited to bro bars in a lot of ways. Not a ton of culture/art. We went to their "First Friday" art events and they were a huge let down. Museums are small and not plentiful. Public transit didn't seem that good, but I didn't get first hand experience since a friend lived there and drove us around. Not much interesting architecturally. The food scene was just average, maybe below average. There were TONS, I mean TONS of homeless people. The only good thing about Denver is the proximity to the mountains and to areas like Boulder or Golden. The area around the city is flat as can be, but you can see the foothills in the distance. I doubt I'd go back for a vacation ever again, the only reason I'll go back is to visit my friend.
Thanks, bros. The job I'm looking at just says "Denver" so I'm not sure where in the city it's located but either way I wouldn't be looking to live in the heart of the city. I have an hour commute right now so I could deal with a half hour or so at a new job.

Honestly I'm not really that concerned about nightlife, culture, or art. That stuff is cool but I care more about the food, geography, schools, and infrastructure. I am looking for a nice place to settle down with my family first and foremost.

What? I was only remarking on their elevation.
Suuuuure. ;)

VkUlXH5.jpg

Thanks, bros. The job I'm looking at just says "Denver" so I'm not sure where in the city it's located but either way I wouldn't be looking to live in the heart of the city. I have an hour commute right now so I could deal with a half hour or so at a new job.

Honestly I'm not really that concerned about nightlife, culture, or art. That stuff is cool but I care more about the food, geography, schools, and infrastructure. I am looking for a nice place to settle down with my family first and foremost.

Suuuuure. ;)

Food scene was very meh. You could get some good mexican, but it was very hit or miss on that, as two of the mexican places we went to were very bad. No worthwhile asian food to speak of. My friend that lives there can't even find half way decent Chinese takeout. Great beer scene though. I don't know much about the schools, but in terms of higher ed it didn't have much to offer either. Infrastructure? Well, there were some light rail lines in the down town, but I didn't see a whole lot in terms of public transit and traffic was pretty bad. It was a bit too spread out to be walkable too, especially if you were not near the downtown. Regarding geography, the mountains are cool as shit, but driving to the mountains on Rt 70 can be a 3-4 hour ordeal during the season, and that is not an exaggeration.

I loved how convenient it was to get to the ball park, even though I didn't go to the park.

Top Bottom