• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Interesting that there is such a wide spread on the Packers.

Atlantis put their numbers up first, and were real high on national teams. That chart is just what they opened at. I don't know how the lines have shifted, but probably look like LVH since they just put theirs up

It is the biggest game in Europe and having it at their conference must mean it is going to have something exclusive for the Ms' console. The only reason the Ps3 hung with the 360 in sales is Europe.

MS has had EA at their conference almost yearly, ever since they ironed out their NFL beef.. Doesn't mean anything, shy of a "fuck you" to Nintendo, I guess.

MS has had EA at their conference almost yearly. Doesn't mean anything.

We will find out tomorrow. CoD is going to be there and they always have timed exclusive DLC. MS is only having an hour show, I would be surprised if they wasted time on games that they are not getting anything extra from.

squicken

Does MS even have internal studios anymore? I'm sure they'll sling some money around for exclusive DLC for some sports and shooters stuff

We will find out tomorrow. CoD is going to be there and they always have timed exclusive DLC. MS is only having an hour show, I would be surprised if they wasted time on games that they are not getting anything extra from.

Again I say I don't get what you mean by "goin hard". MS has timed DLC every year.

Fantomex

EA sports titles are the wrong thing to get excited about. Always full of bullshots. Remember when they announced Madden and they had that snow trailer?

I highly doubt they've got anything exclusive beyond timed DLC for FIFA14, and ultimately that's not enough to swing anything. However, being the first ones to show off the crown jewel of gaming in Europe does give MS some needed market awareness in that region. Ultimately it's mutually beneficial for both MS and EA. Europeans who may not be interested in the Xbox will watch the reveal to see the new FIFA, and American fans who may not be interested in football (soccer) but tuned in to see the new Xbox, will get to see the next FIFA.

EA sports titles are the wrong thing to get excited about. Always full of bullshots. Remember when they announced Madden and they had that snow trailer?

image_141385_thumb_wide620.jpg

Never Forget

Again I say I don't get what you mean by "goin hard". MS has timed DLC every year.

Yes but I dont believe they have ever gone after the European market before. This gen they tried a little to go after Japan but mostly their timed exclusive stuff has all been for games that are big in the US. This makes it seem like they are really going after Sony next gen, ince Europe is Sonyland.

Is it kiddie and Kinect crap, or real games? Like another Crackdown only not half-assed like 2 was?

Here is the lsit, the majority are not kinect or kiddie focused:

United States

343 Industries – Halo series
Connected Experiences – Untitled Project – Design Large scale multiplayer title and help other first party studios
Good Science Studio – Kinect Adventures, Kinect Fun Labs
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment – Next generation fitness project - Original IP
Microsoft Studios – Los Angeles – Next generation core cinematic title
Microsoft Studios – Mobile Gaming – ilomilo
Microsoft Studios – Redmond Publishing – Overseeing and co-developing multiple projects in conjunction with third party development studios based in the Americas and Canada
Platform Next Studios – Next generation core title
Playful Learning – Next generation family project
Skybox Sports – Next generation sports project
Turn 10 Studios – Forza Motorsport series
Twisted Pixel Games – The Gunstringer, LocoCycle
Xbox Live Productions – South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, South Park: Tenorman's Revenge, Avatar Kinect

Europe

Lionhead Studios – Fable series, Black & White series, Unannounced MMO-like New IP - (2 team studio - Concurrent development of Fable: The Journey, Fable Heroes and an unannounced next generation title)
Lift London – Multiple Cloud Based gaming projects
Microsoft Studios – EMEA Publishing – Overseeing and co-developing multiple projects in conjunction with third party development studios based in Europe, Middle East and Asia regions
Press Play – Max: The Curse of Brotherhood[27]
Rare Ltd. – Banjo-Kazooie series, Viva Piñata series, Perfect Dark series, Kinect Sports series- (3 team studio - Concurrent development of various titles)
Soho Productions – Kinect Sesame Street TV

Canada

BigPark – Joy Ride series, Kinect Sports: Season Two
Black Tusk Studios – Untitled Project - (an unannounced next generation title)
Microsoft Studios Victoria – Untitled Project

Black Tusk and Victoria specifically are making next gen shooters. This also doesnt include 2nd or 3rd party devs making exclusive games like Crytek is.

Fantomex

I don't know what they'll announce but let me tell ya'll jive turkeys something. The end of a generation always brings with it really great games that people overlook. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Magic Knight Rayearth, Pro Evolution Soccer, Ni No Kuni, beware the next gen I tell ya!

cdyhybrid

Mmmmm coffee.

Delicious, life-giving coffee.

I will say that mostly giving up on console gaming has kinda ruined E3 for me. Just not that same excitement knowing I'll probably never play most of the games or even systems announced.

lol at people being excited by the awful Bungie cover band making annual shitty Halo reimaginings.
I didn't even play Halo 4. After ODST and Reach I was like

oprah.gif

Must've put a couple hundred hours into Halo 3s multiplayer.

UGH. WWE games are in worse shape than even Madden. Yukes needs to fuck off and die..
Shut Your Mouth/Here Comes The Pain were solid/good improvements but ever since they went to SvR it's been way downhill.

squicken

I would take 343 over Bungie any fucking day. At least 343 was willing to put new stuff in a Halo game.

wut. Halo 4 was crap. I was formerly a pretty big Halo fan, and I couldn't finish 4. fwiw I thought Halo Reach wasn't too hot either, but was still relatively good. Halo 4 was really just a bad game

I would take 343 over Bungie any fucking day. At least 343 was willing to put new stuff in a Halo game.
I liked Halo 4 and even I find this comment a bit laughable. Halo 4 was about as "safe" a Halo experience as it gets. A couple new light weapons and a couple new enemy types did very little to nothing to change the standard Halo formula. It's very much a retread of the previous experiences we've been playing since the Xbox debuted.

Call me when 343 is willing to dump the Covenant entirely as well as the myriad of standard Halo tropes that Bungie originated and perfected for years before anyone can actually state any level of preference for their work.

I liked Halo 4 and even I find this comment a bit laughable. Halo 4 was about as "safe" a Halo experience as it gets. A couple new light weapons and a couple new enemy types did very little to nothing to change the standard Halo formula. It's very much a retread of the previous experiences we've been playing since the Xbox debuted.

Call me when 343 is willing to dump the Covenant entirely as well as the myriad of standard Halo tropes that Bungie originated and perfected for years before anyone can actually state any level of preference for their work.

Ordnance drops was totally new and changed the mp up completely. No more rushing for the power weapons. The also expanded on the armor ability system. I am not talking about sp at all, but mp was radically different. Hell good read all the bitching in the Halo 4 thread from the people that didnt like the changes.

Striker

They added a bunch of shit from games like COD (instant respawn, perks, kill streak), there's ordnance for weapons rather than pickups on the map, sprint is now everywhere (thanks to their awful options, could not be disabled unless you modded), some really good gametypes were thrown out and the most popular gametype CTF now has an icon showing you where the flag carrier is, and you cannot drop the flag on your own. I'll add they have loadouts which is fine in theory, but there's many broken weapons that are spammed and just cause an unbalanced mess.

The only constant is you still have shields. If anybody stopped playing this because it was like "the same old Halo", I don't know what to say since it's so far from it. This is from a fan who played Halo: CE early in the Xbox's life cycle.

eznark

Banned
Ordnance drops was totally new and changed the mp up completely. No more rushing for the power weapons. The also expanded on the armor ability system. I am not talking about sp at all, but mp was radically different. Hell good read all the bitching in the Halo 4 thread from the people that didnt like the changes.

Call of Halo MP was only different in a vacuum.

They added a bunch of shit from games like COD (instant respawn, perks, kill streak), there's ordnance for weapons rather than pickups on the map, sprint is now everywhere (thanks to their awful options, could not be disabled unless you modded), some really good gametypes were thrown out and the most popular gametype CTF now has an icon showing you where the flag carrier is, and you cannot drop the flag on your own. I'll add they have loadouts which is fine in theory, but there's many broken weapons that are spammed and just cause an unbalanced mess.

The only constant is you still have shields. If anybody stopped playing this because it was like "the same old Halo", I don't know what to say since it's so far from it. This is from a fan who played Halo: CE early in the Xbox's life cycle.
I'm talking strictly single player here, bros. I couldn't care less about multiplayer anything when it comes to shooters. That shit bores me to tears more often than not.

...and even then you're description of the MP issues, Striker sort of reinforces my point about brazenly saying 343 over Bungie any fucking day. To be fair it's not exactly easy to jump onto a franchise like Halo and get it right out of the gate, either.

Top Bottom