• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

you're a basketball guy - what's the deal with Spurs/Grizz playing 2 games in their series before the Heat play 1?
Its complicated. Three networks and attempts to maximize tv ratings is basically the answer.

Duncan is so good. I would love seeing him beat the Heat in the Finals.

squicken

Love the Spurs. Duncan re-affirming his position as the best post-Jordan player

and lol at DirecTV killing ST on the PS3. Why are they doing that?

bionic77

Kobe and Duncan are equal. Kobe usually had his way with the Spurs in the playoffs throughout his career. Duncan usually cancelled out Shaq but they almost never had an answer for Kobe.

Greg when you talk about dunking you mean on one of those 3 foot baskets my kids play on right?

squicken

Kobe and Duncan are equal. Kobe usually had his way with the Spurs in the playoffs throughout his career. Duncan usually cancelled out Shaq but they almost never had an answer for Kobe.

Greg when you talk about dunking you mean on one of those 3 foot baskets my kids play on right?

haha That was a shot at Shaq, not kobe.

Godslay

Banned

Making way for the new Xbox agreement? Only logical reason. Has to look bad if you announce a partnership and can't get the games on your newest console.

Greg

7uUzzKY.jpg

Fantomex

The NFL is stupid sometimes. Making exclusives is stupid when your brand is that hot. I wonder if my Madden preorder will get me ST on the 360.

Greg

Why would you assume that makes me sad?

I am pretty happy he has become the face of the Ravens franchise for the next 10 years. Not happy how it happened but you have to take the good with the bad!
I didn't say it to make you sad, I said it to show that anything is possible.

JOE FLACCO

Greg

Scrubs win the SB on an annual basis now. That's just how the NFL works.

Your inability to jump has to do with physics and genetics.
when my dunk video goes viral, I'm linking everyone to your posts

the youtube title will be "white boy dunk compilation ps bionic loves MJ"

as a consumer i wish it weren't true but goddell is anything but an idiot in the eyes of the owners (his employer). they are making more money than ever and they love it

Sadly, it only matters to the suits. Meanwhile the game's getting softer. I'm surprised Kick-offs aren't gone yet (Although you can argue most of them are already.)

Fantomex

as a consumer i wish it weren't true but goddell is anything but an idiot in the eyes of the owners (his employer). they are making more money than ever and they love it

Unfortunately they don't see they could be making even MORE money. Imagine if the NFL2K franchise released with this new Gen? They'd make bank!

Unfortunately they don't see they could be making even MORE money. Imagine if the NFL2K franchise released with this new Gen? They'd make bank!

maybe or maybe not. no one really has the exact cut the NFL used to get, and who knows how much they "could" charge now. but of course the business is going to get that guaranteed $500 mil or whatever ridiculous amount EA paid for the exclusive rights rather than risk MAYBE not getting as much as expected because 2k or madden or whatever doesn't sell up to expectation

squicken

maybe or maybe not. no one really has the exact cut the NFL used to get, and who knows how much they "could" charge now. but of course the business is going to get that guaranteed $500 mil or whatever ridiculous amount EA paid for the exclusive rights rather than risk MAYBE not getting as much as expected because 2k or madden or whatever doesn't sell up to expectation

2k cutting price devalued their product. The NFL was scared that, long term, consumer expectations would be that NFL videogames were only worth $20, ultimately losing them money

squicken

Yeah never mind the dump truck of money that EA delivered.....

The NFL sought out the exclusivity deal. It's why they like just DirecTV having the ST package. They don't want a price war on that as cable companies try and get subscribers, lowering its perceived value

Fantomex

By the way, Slay turned heel today

BAH GAWD KING, HE'S JOINED FORCES WITH THE WII-U AND THE XBOXONE. WHY SLAY?WHY? THINK OF YOUR FANS! IM SICK TO MAH STOMACH KING, ONE OF THE MOST SHOCKING THINGS TO EVER HAPPEN HERE ON GAF-RAW. SNES DID THIS, HE'S GOTTA OF PUT HIM UP TO IT. NOBODY SAW THIS COMING. WHY SLAY? MAY GAWD HAVE MERCY ON YER SOUL!

The slow re-emergence of Wrasslin into pop culture is the worst thing that has ever happened to GAF. Those guys have a larger false sense of self importance than even NBA-Age.

Wasn't trying to be a dick to you Fantomex. Just bitching that we are getting new topics for every new bit on Raw these days. I'll take me a good JR BAH GAWD rant anyday

Top Bottom