• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

I'm about to turn into a bacon cheeseburger. 75 degrees at 1 am here in NYC? WTF.

THIS MAN IS ABOUT TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST KING! HE'S SWEATING LIKE FMT AFTER A NINER LOSS!

The slow re-emergence of Wrasslin into pop culture is the worst thing that has ever happened to GAF. Those guys have a larger false sense of self importance than even NBA-Age.

WHO IS THIS JOKER KING? HE JUST CAME DOWN HERE AND TRIED TO SLING WWES GOOD NAME THROUGH THE MUD! STONE COLD! STONE COLDS MUSIC! HE'S COMING DOWN, HE'S GONNA BEAT THIS BENDETTA LIKE A RENTED MULE!

WHO IS THIS JOKER KING? HE JUST CAME DOWN HERE AND TRIED TO SLING WWES GOOD NAME THROUGH THE MUD! STONE COLD! STONE COLDS MUSIC! HE'S COMING DOWN, HE'S GONNA BEAT THIS BENDETTA LIKE A RENTED MULE!

Pshaw What is Stone Cold about a hundred with shattered vertebrae? I'm a young stud in my prime, I would take his AARP card and slap him around with it before drinking my superior craft beers out of brown bottles. LIKE A BOSS

Fantomex

Fantomex is now Fantobot.

WHAT THE HELL IS A FANTOBOT KING? I DON'T DRINK FRUIT FLAVORED SODA SINCE MY DIABEETUS ACTED UP, AND THE LAST ROBOT I SAW WAS IN LOST IN SPACE! CUT TO COMMERCIAL!

Where did you read this? That Xbox One Announcement had nothing to do with the DT ST.

THIS POOR SOUL MAY BE TOUGHER THAN A TWO DOLLAR STEAK BUT HE'S GOT NO CLUE HE'S GONNA GET A SMACKDOWN OF KNOWLEDGE FROM THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW!

JABEE

WHAT THE HELL IS A FANTOBOT KING? I DON'T DRINK FRUIT FLAVORED SODA SINCE MY DIABEETUS ACTED UP, AND THE LAST ROBOT I SAW WAS IN LOST IN SPACE! CUT TO COMMERCIAL!

THIS POOR SOUL MAY BE TOUGHER THAN A TWO DOLLAR STEAK BUT HE'S GOT NO CLUE HE'S GONNA GET A SMACKDOWN OF KNOWLEDGE FROM THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW!

Wow hahaha. I hope that's not true. I just preordered Madden. I guess I can just use my laptop to stream it. I could also use the 360 if a new app comes to that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus Fuck, MS really has disaster bulletpoints down to a tee

Need cable box and X1 to use the features shown at the conference... WHAT!?!

What a clusterfuck this has been

effzee

you're a basketball guy - what's the deal with Spurs/Grizz playing 2 games in their series before the Heat play 1?

Western Conference 2nd round finished up before Eastern Conference. Some weird TV rules about the weekend. Eastern Conference Finals are exclusive to TNT, where as the west is on ESPN/ABC.

I think the NBA/Stern wanted a game this past Sunday no matter what. I think that is the prime ratings grabbing spot. So they started the WCF. Miami and Pacers play every other day now starting tonight for the first 4 games. Spurs Grizz get a rest until Saturday.

LOL at the top 10. Belicheat that high? Reilly uses stupid reasons like "one QB" to keep some guys lower and then puts other guys higher despite having one QB in the Super Bowl (i.e., the Cheat and Lady).

I actually agree with Noll. 4 SB wins in 6 seasons is fantastic, but he essentially did it with one team. Once those guys retired, he was unable to maintain a .500 record. (Now, some of that is the GM not picking well -- for instance, they should have taken Marino in '83 to be Bradshaw's successor).

I also think you have to look at certain guys who changed the game on their way to the top. Levy's no huddle, Walsh's West Coast offense, etc. Those guys should be higher on this list because not only did they win, but they changed the way the game was played to do that winning and the game is different today because of them. Legacy.

squicken

I've always thought Shula's later years with Marino marred how great he was. Took the Colts to a SB, built a dynasty in MIA from nothing, rebuilt the team and took David Woodley to a SB, then had the Marino era where he probably had lost his touch and was being carried by his QB.

But that's amazing how many times he built and rebuilt his teams, shifting from offensive to defensive and back to offensive driven teams, as the talent and rules require. He adapted and changed.

Godslay

Banned
By the way, Slay turned heel today

BAH GAWD KING, HE'S JOIN. RCES WITH But-U AND THE XBOXONE. WHY SLAY?WHY? THINK OF YOUR FANS! IM SICK TO MAH STOMACH KING, ONE OF THE MOST SHOCKING THINGS TO EVER HAPPEN HERE ON GAF-RAW. SNES DID THIS, HE'S GOTTA OF PUT HIM UP TO IT. NOBODY SAW THIS COMING. WHY SLAY? MAY GAWD HAVE MERCY ON YER SOUL!

I'm getting a PS4 as well. There all going to coexist in my house. I just find it funny that that people buy non-retail digital content and bitch about the X1. Goes for Steam, eshop, psn, xbl. If you bought anything like that your a hypocrite if you hate what MS is doing.

bionic77

I'm getting a PS4 as well. There all going to coexist in my house. I just find it funny that that people buy non-retail digital content and bitch about the X1. Goes for Steam, eshop, psn, xbl. If you bought anything like that your a hypocrite if you hate what MS is doing.
I think they can live with the digital content, it was the rest of the reveal that pissed them off.

Most of GAF has been railing against Nintendo for gimmicks and not focusing on the most bleeding edge graphics that money can buy because that is what they were marketed with last gen. How did you think they would react when MS reveals a DVR, bundles in a giant Kinect with every console, and states that graphics are not their priority anymore (people crucified Nintendo for saying this over the last 10 years). Of course they can't reverse course in one day, but plenty of people will buy the XboxOne and reverse their position this winter.

ChanHuk

Banned
I was hoping Woodson would give the Raiders a discount but a one year 4.3 million contract is not a discount. I wonder what the terms are.

Ps; Pats fans are the worst.

Talon

I actually agree with Noll. 4 SB wins in 6 seasons is fantastic, but he essentially did it with one team. Once those guys retired, he was unable to maintain a .500 record. (Now, some of that is the GM not picking well -- for instance, they should have taken Marino in '83 to be Bradshaw's successor).
That's such a fantastic story. I can't believe Bradshaw lied about his arm being okay because of a hurt ego.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy crap what a disaster by MS. I was just now able to read up on it and I'm shocked.

Naturally they would get some crazy NFL thing that may or may not force me to either get directtv or an X1/Gold/NFL thing. I hate that I can't just spend money and watch football on some device I own :(

Maybe they'll offer Sunday Ticket mobile separate?

Yes and no. The thing about Steam is that when I upgrade my PC I can log in to Steam and voila, all my games are still my games and I can install them and play them.

The thing that pisses me off about X1 is that at a minimum the XBLA games I purchased should be tied to my Xbox Live account and should transfer. The fact that they indicate this is more of a digital content box, and then can't handle the digital content of their current box, is piss-poor handling of the consumer's interests.

Fantomex

In the end ill probably own all systems but ill have price limits for each.

Wii-u $179
X1-$249
PS4-$349

For me it always comes down to game library. I owned a 360 first, but that's because of all my friends playing FPS and Sports titles on live, as well as gears of war looking so good. Honestly, I just like seeing everyone argue about videogames :) ill probably see what the libraries look during each price drop.

Holy crap what a disaster by MS. I was just now able to read up on it and I'm shocked.

Naturally they would get some crazy NFL thing that may or may not force me to either get directtv or an X1/Gold/NFL thing. I hate that I can't just spend money and watch football on some device I own :(

Maybe they'll offer Sunday Ticket mobile separate?

If you pre-order the Madden 25 collectors edition on amazon, there is a chance you might be able to get ST streaming for free.

ChanHuk

Banned
In the end ill probably own all systems but ill have price limits for each.

Wii-u $179
X1-$249
PS4-$349

For me it always comes down to game library. I owned a 360 first, but that's because of all my friends playing FPS and Sports titles on live, as well as gears of war looking so good. Honestly, I just like seeing everyone argue about videogames :) ill probably see what the libraries look during each price drop.

No game exchange.

bionic77

I am thinking I might go 3DS plus PS4 (maybe a year after launch).

I am hoping that Nintendo makes some classics on the U and that it gets to 200 or under. That would entice me to get onboard.

Honestly they all look like shit next to the 3DS.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

That stuff can be alright, although most console gamers seem averse to it. For me, it's the cablebox and kinect that I can't stand. MS has finally done it, there's something for everyone to dislike!

For Fanta:
Jim Ross, who works with World Wrestling Entertainment in talent development, has a meeting scheduled with the NFL Players Association today in which he’ll make the case that football players who lose their jobs on NFL teams should be informed that a second career in pro wrestling may be available to them.

“Everybody doesn’t make the 53-man roster,” Ross told Alex Marvez and Jim Miller on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Some guys are going to be looking for work, and we’ve got some job openings. Maybe we can put the synergies of those two entities together and create something wonderful some day.”

I am thinking I might go 3DS plus PS4 (maybe a year after launch).

I am hoping that Nintendo makes some classics on the U and that it gets to 200 or under. That would entice me to get onboard.

Honestly they all look like shit next to the 3DS.

And the 3DS already looks like shit, so we're talking really really ugly shit. Sorry, I have no interest in 3D; shit gives me a headache. I realize you can turn it off. But I simply won't buy a device if the main marketing message for it is something I'd need to turn off the minute I get it. I also haven't played a handheld game that's not on a smartphone since I got a smartphone. I'm certainly not suggesting that smartphone games are as good as dedicated handheld games, but I'm just not spending much time on these games anyway.

In fact, I spend more time on GAF then I do playing games.

Draxal

And the 3DS already looks like shit, so we're talking really really ugly shit. Sorry, I have no interest in 3D; shit gives me a headache. I realize you can turn it off. But I simply won't buy a device if the main marketing message for it is something I'd need to turn off the minute I get it. I also haven't played a handheld game that's not on a smartphone since I got a smartphone. I'm certainly not suggesting that smartphone games are as good as dedicated handheld games, but I'm just not spending much time on these games anyway.

In fact, I spend more time on GAF then I do playing games.

It is not the graphics, it's the games and the 3ds has games and thats all that should matter.

KingGondo

Banned
Already have a 3DS (and I love it), and I'm only getting a PS4 for sure. Then again, assuming Nintendo comes out with the inevitable stellar franchise games I'll probably get a Wii U as well.

Passing on the Xbox One. I did without a 360 this past gen and don't feel like I missed much.

bionic77

There really is no other response.

Shitting on the 3DS really invalidates all of your opinions. Its similar to telling me that you are a Tom Brady fan. After hearing that kind of stuff I just can't take someone seriously.

Already have a 3DS (and I love it), and I'm only getting a PS4 for sure. Then again, assuming Nintendo comes out with the inevitable stellar franchise games I'll probably get a Wii U as well.

Passing on the Xbox One. I did without a 360 this past gen and don't feel like I missed much.
I skipped on the 360 as well and I feel the one huge thing I missed out on was the COD4 craze when everyone was online playing that game like crazy. You had it on PS3 too, but at that time it seemed like everyone playing it was on Xbox.

That stuff can be alright, although most console gamers seem averse to it. For me, it's the cablebox and kinect that I can't stand.
Kinect, absolutely. The fact that you must have it now is maddening as now every developer will put some stupid gesture/voice based shit in their games.

The cablebox stuff I don't mind. I'm sure it'll be fine functionality but the fact that Microsoft chose to devote nearly 40 minutes of a console reveal to it is fucking depressing.

ChanHuk

Banned
There really is no other response.

Shitting on the 3DS really invalidates all of your opinions. Its similar to telling me that you are a Tom Brady fan. After hearing that kind of stuff I just can't take someone seriously.

Pats fans are the worst.

After I'm done with Fire Emblem, what do I get next? Well Animal Crossing is a given. WHAT ELSE?!

Everybody that has a Xbox 360 and PGR4 should add me on Live so we can all play together.

I raced against Milchjon today (He got lucky and won) and it was a lot of fun.

eznark

Banned
I'll buy everything like I always do but if you are forced to not only hook up the kinect but actually use it in order to operate the xbox1 I am sticking it in the basement living room and only using it for Madden league.

Top Bottom