• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

KingGondo

Banned
I skipped on the 360 as well and I feel the one huge thing I missed out on was the COD4 craze when everyone was online playing that game like crazy. You had it on PS3 too, but at that time it seemed like everyone playing it was on Xbox.
Not a COD fan (or a big online gamer) so I have very few regrets. Gears of War looked fun, I guess. And Forza was supposed to be better than GT.

But seeing as how I'm an adult now and have very little time to dedicate to gaming, I have to pick and choose. Not buying a system unless it has several exclusive must-play games.

ChanHuk

Banned
Jade Raymond can do all kinds of things to me and my Xbox.

wgriSkr.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty much no games announced for either console and you're making your mind up already?

Generally speaking, if you want the most Japanese games then Sony will be the way to go.

I honestly don't care about a living room device outside of Netflix.

Wouldn't they all be kinect games? I mean kinectimals 2 is a lock but ryse and other AAA titles are MS bread and butter. The rumored perfect dark sequel is an auto purchase.

When I say "Kinect Games" I don't mean some shit that has token Kinect functionality. I mean Kinect games - you know, Dancing and Fitness, since that's all they can do with it.

edit: post faster jackasses

I wonder how cross-platform multiplayer would affect the console marketplace.
MS did mention cross platform mp yesterday, so it will be interesting to see what their plans are for it. I loved playing Shadowrun against PC gamers this gen so I hope they really expand on that.

Generally speaking, if you want the most Japanese games then Sony will be the way to go.

I honestly don't care about a living room device outside of Netflix.

MS had way more japanese exclusives this gen. They dried up though once MS gave up on Japan but hopefully they will revist a lot of those games on the XB1.

This is the part I hate about this generation.

Months of "Fuck U MS/Sony/Nintendo" then they show a reel of games and everybody is sucking their dicks again.
...that's not exclusive to this generation.;)

There's absolutely nothing new we haven't already seen happening in the past a multitude of times (even way back to the days of the SNES/Genesis when battle lines were drawn between fanboys). We're just older and don't have the same level of patience for it.

Only reason I would care about Kinect being in the console is that it drives up the price. Your fridge is watching you these days - that privacy ship has long sailed.

Do you really think so? Here's a good article on The Verge about it.
It's a complete non-issue for me as I'll likely get very little use out of it. I don't want to talk to my TV nor do I want to motion my hands in the air to do shit I can get done with the press of a button.

That being said, it's obvious this is a big push for Microsoft and though they may not get everything right out of the gate - yes I believe in time they will make the TV functionality work for them and work decently well.

(thanks for the article though, hadn't seen it!)

Dragon

Banned
Wouldn't they all be kinect games? I mean kinectimals 2 is a lock but ryse and other AAA titles are MS bread and butter. The rumored perfect dark sequel is an auto purchase.

ari - tired of getting bent over by Jay Cutler decides it'd be better to get bent over by a sweaty overweight middle aged millionaire.

images

MS had way more japanese exclusives this gen. They dried up though once MS gave up on Japan but hopefully they will revist a lot of those games on the XB1.

MS did not have more japanese exclusives than Sony. Are you high?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I doubt MS had more exclusives in total. They certainly had the lead early on when the 360 was a good console before essentially counting on Gears of War and Kinect.

Well it depends if Nintendo, works out it's weird publishing agreements with Platinum/Sega.

I think what we've seen is the extent of it. Yakuza is just a port, and Sonic games have always performed well on Nintendo hardware. Don't really see Sega having anything else that they would leverage on the Wii U.

edit: would love to see a Valkryia sequel though. *cough*

ari

Banned
Dragon- do you believe all of this internet negative press gonna effect Xbox one? Like mind share wise?

Sooner or later games from all three companies gonna be slinging and slanging at full force and they'll all be solid.

brentech

Personally I quite love my smart TV. Has netflix and other apps built in. No extra device needs powering on. It's simple and awesome. The only netflix function it lacks is auto play next episode, which I don't even like all the time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well it depends if Nintendo, works out it's weird publishing agreements with Platinum/Sega.

Which is a good point. The HD costs affected Japan the most so it is possible that they might appreciate a console that costs less to develop for. I'm not sure yet how supply side economics work in a demand based industry though. Video games have long been "if you make a good game, they will buy it".

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All this video game talk reminds me that Animal Crossing is coming out soon

Why am I so hot and bothered for this game?

I'm scared to even turn on my animal crossing DS, I'm sure my home is roach infested.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Personally I quite love my smart TV. Has netflix and other apps built in. No extra device needs powering on. It's simple and awesome. The only netflix function it lacks is auto play next episode, which I don't even like all the time.

And that's just it, know what's better than a box? No box at all! SmartTVs are the real threat to this whole concept that people generally aren't talking about. Too much FUD about Apple coming in.

Which is a good point. The HD costs affected Japan the most so it is possible that they might appreciate a console that costs less to develop for. I'm not sure yet how supply side economics work in a demand based industry though. Video games have long been "if you make a good game, they will buy it".

Japanese third parties have been motioning towards lowering costs across the board. At Square's investor meeting they said they were going to completely change direction towards lower cost devices and lower their HD/console output. There is just too much competition in that field. That's pretty significant as Square is probably the foremost pusher of technology in the east. If they can't afford it, that says a lot about the sustainability of the model.

Then of course, there's the fact that the 4 most popular devices the past ten years in Japan have been handhelds (GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS).

ChanHuk

Banned
I just realized something this morning, the Raiders have a decent secondary this season.

FS: Woodson
SS: Branch
CB: DJ Hayden
CB: Tracy Porter/Mike Jenkins

Usama Young as the backup of either safety spots, Philip Adams and Brandian Ross both are good depth DBs. Oh and there's also the other old man there, Joselio Hanson, he's a good nickle/dime back.

Colasante

Brian Urlacher announced his retirement today. Let's see if he makes it through training camp without becoming an injury replacement.

Dragon

Banned
Dragon- do you believe all of this internet negative press gonna effect Xbox one? Like mind share wise?

Sooner or later games from all three companies gonna be slinging and slanging at full force and they'll all be solid.

Of course not. Only core gamers care about DRM. As evidenced by iTunes and Kindle. Still we're core gamers, so fuck Microsoft!!

Yeah but as was pointed out to me yesterday, the possibility still exists that I can hook it up and hide it behind my TV and never think about it again.

Think about this. You have to hook Kinect AND a power brick. Plus that huge console. Amazing.

Top Bottom