• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think a WR, even with HGH and human fetus cells, can come back from a blown achillies in 6 months

Moving back to XBO for a moment, all of that Live TV and Kinect stuff? Yeah, US only (for now).

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbo...n-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

A release sent to VG247 this evening confirms that Live TV with Kinect navigation, Live TV with One Guide, Trending, and NFL on Xbox will only be available in North America at launch. The release added that Microsoft anticipates a global roll-out over time.

As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well....Crabtree is only 25 and not 35 like Kobe Bryant so he has that going for him. Although like squicken said, if a receiver can't go full speed, what's the point?

If Crabtree gets on HGH like Suggs and Ray Lewis did, then I Imagine he could come back towards the end of the season.

Losing permanent explosiveness is probably more of a concern.
Suggs came back early, but he was a ghost. he also doesn't have to make as many sharp cuts as a WR does.

Mark Sanchez went 6-of-11 with three interceptions in Jets OTAs Wednesday.
One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better.
He's still got it!

bjb

Banned
Well....Crabtree is only 25 and not 35 like Kobe Bryant so he has that going for him. Although like squicken said, if a receiver can't go full speed, what's the point?

I thought it was fact that athletes typically lose acceleration and inches off their vertical after suffering a torn achilles injury regardless of recovery time or age.

bionic77

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I don't think a WR, even with HGH and human fetus cells, can come back from a blown achillies in 6 months
The surgery will be over and the tendon will heal, but what takes longer is building the muscles you lost during the surgery and recovery.

The smart thing to do is to shut it down and come back the next year. You can even use the year off to improve some weaknesses to your game. But unfortunately in most sports, and especially the NFL, there is too much emphasis placed on toughness. Also with the lack of guaranteed contracts there is always a real chance you could be replaced by the young guy in the year you are not there. This leads to a lot of bad decisions that are not in the team or players best interest.

Also dat SB loser curse. What a bitch.

Moving back to XBO for a moment, all of that Live TV and Kinect stuff? Yeah, US only (for now).
Semi-related, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees XBO as the most acceptable name for the console.

He's still got it!
Dude, just give him some time. The critics are always so impatient. Two time AFC Championship QB Mark Sanchez will be fine once the surrounding pieces of the Jets organization are figured out, but until that point it's unfair to expect him to carry the entire team by himself. Give it another five to ten years before jumping to anymore hasty conclusions.

squicken

Pretty much, yes. Everything shown yesterday is completely meaningless to you at launch and in the short term. (Sony wins Europe again confirmed)

What did Sony show about entertainment stuff? I get that Europeans are mad at none of those features come to their region, but they aren't coming on the PS3 PS4 either.

The surgery will be over and the tendon will heal, but what takes longer is building the muscles you lost during the surgery and recovery.

The smart thing to do is to shut it down and come back the next year. You can even use the year off to improve some weaknesses to your game. But unfortunately in most sports, and especially the NFL, there is too much emphasis placed on toughness. Also with the lack of guaranteed contracts there is always a real chance you could be replaced by the young guy in the year you are not there. This leads to a lot of bad decisions that are not in the team or players best interest.

Also dat SB loser curse. What a bitch.

I agree. He's a FA after 2014. It's in his best interest to not rush back this year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought it was fact that athletes typically lose acceleration and inches off their vertical after suffering a torn achilles injury regardless of recovery time or age.

No clue, I'm no doctor!

I'm sure someone out there has probably recovered 100%. I do think age has a lot to do with it. That said, age for a skill position in the NFL can be fickle. Will teams really want to wait around on a 25/26 year old receiver to recover? Or really any age for that matter?

The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised to see Crabtree released.

ChanHuk

Banned
No clue, I'm no doctor!

I'm sure someone out there has probably recovered 100%. I do think age has a lot to do with it. That said, age for a skill position in the NFL can be fickle. Will teams really want to wait around on a 25/26 year old receiver to recover? Or really any age for that matter?

The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised to see Crabtree released.

You can't just release him, he'll still be owed his salary. You have to do an injury settlement. Just like any other job, you can't get fired from getting hurt on the job.

bionic77

No that was true in the past not any longer. If you are young and your muscles and body can recover you can come back from almost anything these days.

Depends a lot on the person though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You can't just release him, he'll still be owed his salary. You have to do an injury settlement. Just like any other job, you can't get fired from getting hurt on the job.

I want to say there's a time limit on that. I think if a player misses a whole season and is still not ready for the following season, they usually get released right?

No that was true in the past not any longer. If you are young and your muscles and body can recover you can come back from almost anything these days.

Depends a lot on the person though.

Unfortunately for you, Kobe is not young.

ChanHuk

Banned
I want to say there's a time limit on that. I think if a player misses a whole season and is still not ready for the following season, they usually get released right?

Unfortunately for you, Kobe is not young.

You can release him the following season for not passing his physical. Regardless, Crabtree is going to IR and still going to take up capspace this season.

There really is no other response.

Shitting on the 3DS really invalidates all of your opinions. Its similar to telling me that you are a Tom Brady fan. After hearing that kind of stuff I just can't take someone seriously.

lol so the same as your opinion of Michael Jordan. Pot, meet Kettle.

Dude, just give him some time. The critics are always so impatient. Two time AFC Championship QB Mark Sanchez will be fine once the surrounding pieces of the Jets organization are figured out, but until that point it's unfair to expect him to carry the entire team by himself. Give it another five to ten years before jumping to anymore hasty conclusions.
You still have it!

Using Kinect or WiiSpeak is better than wearing a headset in theory but why these fuckers don't build a mic into the controller is beyond me.

Milchjon

Man, I'm a MS fan, I enjoy the kind of stupid stuff they showed, I don't care too much about games, I'm not at all scared about privacy, I have an internet connection, I don't buy/sell used games and they still manages to piss me off. I'm their best case scenario, for fuck's sake.

Mindlog

Mark Sanchez went 6-of-11 with three interceptions in Jets OTAs Wednesday.
One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better.
He's still got it!
I'd pay good money to watch the snickering sideline assistant video.

Fantomex

. The critics are always so impatient. Two time AFC Championship QB Mark Sanchez will be fine once the surrounding pieces of the Jets organization are figured out, but until that point it's unfair to expect him to carry the entire team by himself. Give it another five to ten years before jumping to anymore hasty conclusions.

U1RsvlT.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dude, just give him some time. The critics are always so impatient. Two time AFC Championship game participantQB Mark Sanchez will be fine once the surrounding pieces of the Jets organization are figured out, but until that point it's unfair to expect him to carry the entire team by himself. Give it another five to ten years before jumping to anymore hasty conclusions.

Fixed but it's hard to tell what the Jets have when they suck so much from top to bottom!

I agree that they need to stay the course with Buttfumble Mark Sanchez! Time for another extension!

Vio-Lence

Banned
Love that Urlacher's retiring a Bear. Sucks because he could have played, but a lot better than watching him travel around.

He's retiring because the NFL decided that he can't really play anymore. Him retiring as a Bear now is about saving face. He could have retired back in January to more fanfare.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Forget about the PS4 and Xbox One, I cant wait for the new Pokemon.

Pokemon came out when I was like 17 so I never got into it. I have seriously tried to get into it on the GBA and the DS and I felt nothing.

I pretty much enjoy the full spectrum of games and I'll give things multiple chances (just went back and beat Bioshock and every Metal Gear Solid game for instance) but I just can't click with Pokemon.

Pokemon came out when I was like 17 so I never got into it. I have seriously tried to get into it on the GBA and the DS and I felt nothing.

I pretty much enjoy the full spectrum of games and I'll give things multiple chances (just went back and beat Bioshock and every Metal Gear Solid game for instance) but I just can't click with Pokemon.
17!! Jeez, you old!

jakncoke

Banned
He's retiring because the NFL decided that he can't really play anymore. Him retiring as a Bear now is about saving face. He could have retired back in January to more fanfare.

Wasnt he asking for like 6 million a year over 2 years and Bears were like lol no how about 1 year 2

bionic77

lol so the same as your opinion of Michael Jordan. Pot, meet Kettle.
Jordan was a fraud. My opinions are supported by reason and fact. Check my posting history. I have run many Jordaphiles out of here!

Your feelings about the 3DS are simply wrong. Your poor judgement and tastes just speak poorly on you and your upbringing. Your Mom deserves better bro. This forum deserves better.

I love Alan Wake and was saddened when I found the thread about Sam Lake stating they aren't working on the sequel after all because Alan Wake didn't make enough money at it's inception. It has in the long run and now has a cult following but they need to generate more money up front to please the publisher first. Hopefully their new Quantum game is a success so they can get the green light on making Alan Wake 2. The only point of comfort is that they want to make it so it should just be a matter of time.

Top Bottom