• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

This is honestly one of the funniest gifs I've seen on the internet. GAF delivers. :jnc

iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz 5m

Confirmed: WR Ramses Barden re-signs with Giants. Will compete for roster spot at receiver, probably No. 6 on depth chart. #nyg

I'll be on the look out for the "Ramses Barden Cut" reports as we get closer to the season starting. Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Jernigan and Louis Murphy are all locks, IMO. There's a chance the Giants go with 5 WR's if they keep 3 QB's.

effzee

Already own a WiiU.

Need to decide between PS4 and Xbone for my 2nd console this coming gen. So far leaning towards PS4 but will wait for pricing and launch line up for final decision. But most likely won't be launch or day 1 purchases. Mainly use my non Nintendo consoles for non Nintendo games (sports) and I bet the best version of Madden for 2013 will be released for PS3/XBOX360 anyway.

And Nintendo's first party lineup will finally be released this fall. Should be enough for a part time hobby now.

Draxal

I'll be on the look out for the "Ramses Barden Cut" reports as we get closer to the season starting. Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Jernigan and Louis Murphy are all locks, IMO. There's a chance the Giants go with 5 WR's if they keep 3 QB's.

I don't think Jernigan is a lock, he's shown as little as Barden has, and his contract's up soon as well.

effzee

Why do I need to decide as in it should be crystal clear or why do I need a 2nd console?

I usually end up with 2 of the 3 for the games the Nintendo console doesn't get, mainly the sports line up. Since the Gamecube, even if EA ports over the games, its usually the inferior version and a quick port done by some 3rd rate studio they employ just for the port.

I actually end up playing tons of Madden and COD online. Now if EA was to announce that the Madden on WiiU this year will be identical to the PS360 versions I'll stick with just the WiiU until the next gen versions of Madden/FIFA/NBA Live force me to upgrade. COD I think will be released this year on the WiiU. I guess I am a dude bro gamer in addition to Nintendo games :(

squicken

whatever bro, this junior comes in and starts calling people names left and right and gets the mods in and everyone involved banned including himself.

i was a victim that time

I agree. I also liked your work with the tourist today. Good to have you back

I don't think Jernigan is a lock, he's shown as little as Barden has, and his contract's up soon as well.
He's the backup in the slot and if Cruz goes down - he'll get his opportunity. They'll dump Barden before they dump him. Murphy, Randle, Nicks are all outside receiver types.

Oh and Super Stardust on the PS4? *Swoon*

Draxal

He's the backup in the slot and if Cruz goes down - he'll get his opportunity. They'll dump Barden before they dump him. Murphy, Randle, Nicks are all outside receiver types.

He's third string in slot, Murphy's the backup slot.

Final Fire Emblem dlc came out today, it's been a fun ride.

Did they say something about it? I checked gaming but didnt see anything.

eznark

Banned
Why do I need to decide as in it should be crystal clear or why do I need a 2nd console?

I usually end up with 2 of the 3 for the games the Nintendo console doesn't get, mainly the sports line up. Since the Gamecube, even if EA ports over the games, its usually the inferior version and a quick port done by some 3rd rate studio they employ just for the port.

I actually end up playing tons of Madden and COD online. Now if EA was to announce that the Madden on WiiU this year will be identical to the PS360 versions I'll stick with just the WiiU until the next gen versions of Madden/FIFA/NBA Live force me to upgrade. COD I think will be released this year on the WiiU. I guess I am a dude bro gamer in addition to Nintendo games :(

No as in, why decide just get them both.

He's third string in slot, Murphy's the backup slot.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/51399/jernigan-is-giants-plan-b-in-the-slot

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/25520/eli-gilbride-prepare-jernigan-in-slot

"I think it's about time that he steps up," Gilbride said. "And I think we feel he has enough ability and he's been here now long enough. Until Victor gets back, he'll be the main guy inside at the slot position.

"It's a chance for him to shine and step forward and do the things that we believe he can do. ... I think we want to see what Louis Murphy can do outside, but really it's JJ inside. It's going to be a great opportunity for him."

I can pull up the Gilbride transcript this is pulled up as well. Murphy has been getting primarily outside work at the OTA's yesterday. Reese sees him as a deep threat and has been banging that drum since signing him. Jernigan isn't going anywhere. Especially not to hold onto Ramses Barden of all players.

Did they say something about it? I checked gaming but didnt see anything.

"Spiritual successor". PS4 exclusive. I absolutely loved Super Stardust to bits. On Vita, PSP and PS3.

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/hous...ardust-franchise-on-playstation-4/2013/05/23/

ChanHuk

Banned
Murphy has been getting primarily outside work at the OTA's yesterday. Reese sees him as a deep threat and has been banging that drum since signing him.

Murphy runs a 4.4 and his game speed shows it, he's fast. But his problem is that he's got alligator arms ever since Nnamdi tried to kill him 3 seasons ago.

squicken

As things stand, PS4 at launch, Xbone at some point later if there's some must have games.

That's where I am too. Kind of thinking on waiting out a process shrink for a smaller box. I don't mind the design, but when combined with Kinect, that thing is huge!

I also worry about a fan that big in a case I can't open to clean out

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This gen I think will be the closest I will come to possibly getting a console day 1, but that has more to do with the fact I am older, have much more disposable income and I'm not a dirty poor.

I still will probably wait a year or two before diving in as per usual for me.

Great news about anything related to SSDHD. I also loved all three versions. God I hope it is a launch game. I also hope they dont change it up to much. Those games are already perfect as they are. Man this E3 is going to be the best E3 ever. I think all 3 next gen consoles will have amazing games on display.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This gen I think will be the closest I will come to possibly getting a console day 1, but that has more to do with the fact I am older, have much more disposable income and I'm not a dirty poor.

Launch units have been a disaster for everybody but Nintendo and Sega every generation so you're probably smart.

Great news about anything related to SSDHD. I also loved all three versions. God I hope it is a launch game. I also hope they dont change it up to much. Those games are already perfect as they are. Man this E3 is going to be the best E3 ever. I think all 3 next gen consoles will have amazing games on display.

I hate that we're probably not going to get a new Wipeout.

Draxal

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/51399/jernigan-is-giants-plan-b-in-the-slot

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/25520/eli-gilbride-prepare-jernigan-in-slot

I can pull up the Gilbride transcript discussing Jernigan as well. Murphy has been getting primarily outside work at the OTA's yesterday. Reese sees him as a deep threat and has been banging that drum since signing him. Jernigan isn't going anywhere. Especially not to hold onto Ramses Barden of all players.

I still don't buy it; Jernigan has shown nothing during these three years. When push comes to shove in the season I still see them as playing Murphy in the slot. They have to try to get some return out of Jernigan and ota's are the perfect time to do so, but I don't see him being a lock at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As things stand, PS4 at launch, Xbone at some point later if there's some must have games.

Same as well.

Never bought a 360, bummed out the new one doesn't have any BC. Although if that $99 360 ends up being true I'd buy one of those way before I bought an Xbone. Will buy a Wii U once they're on clearance for $99.

Lunchbox

Banned

thats what poors say

#staypoor

Launch units have been a disaster for everybody but Nintendo and Sega every generation so you're probably smart.

I hate that we're probably not going to get a new Wipeout.

Yeah Sony was so stupid to kill off liverpool. WipeoutHD and 2048 were both great games. HD really showed off the #D on the PS3 well. Such a shame to close that studio when it seemed like HD did really well for them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Definitely the reason I end up waiting.

I'm also assuming the price is going to be ridiculously high as well. No need to jump in when I got a stupid backlog of games on PS3 and 360 to get through.

I'll never get through my backlog

I still don't buy it; Jernigan has shown nothing during these three years.
How many opportunities has he truly been given though? He was primarily a slot guy in college and the Giants aren't taking Cruz off the field in most cases. When they did, Hixon was the guy they moved inside. When Hakeem went down they had Hixon on the outside mixed in with Randle who came on at the end of the year primarily as an outside receiver and Cruz has been the picture of health the last two seasons.

They just signed Barden to a one year contract after years of complete uselessness outside of one game against corners giving him nearly 10 yard cushions. Jerry doesn't give up on his draft picks that easily (sometimes to a fault. Sinorice Moss, anyone?) I don't know how you find it difficult to buy that Jernigan sticks. I think he sticks. Moreso than the utterly useless and (to me) pure camp body that is Barden.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Definitely the reason I end up waiting.

I'm also assuming the price is going to be ridiculously high as well. No need to jump in when I got a stupid backlog of games on PS3 and 360 to get through.

I'll never get through my backlog

Just learn to accept your backlogs. I have hundreds of games on Steam waiting to be played. I view it like how people view their own personal library of books. I doubt many people have read every book in their house.

thats what poors say

#staypoor

It's all those taxes the Canadians pay!

Draxal

How many opportunities has he truly been given though? He was primarily a slot guy in college and the Giants aren't taking Cruz off the field in most cases. When they did, Hixon was the guy they moved inside. When Hakeem went down they had Hixon on the outside mixed in with Randle who came on at the end of the year primarily as an outside receiver and Cruz has been the picture of health the last two seasons.

They just signed Barden to a one year contract after years of complete uselessness outside of one game against corners giving him nearly 10 yard cushions. Jerry doesn't give up on his draft picks that easily (sometimes to a fault. Sinorice Moss, anyone?) I don't know how you find it difficult to buy that Jernigan sticks. I think he sticks. Moreso than the utterly useless and (to me) pure camp body that is Barden.

I think they're both garbage, the biggest thing Jernigan has that he can play special teams.

Top Bottom