• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

No I don't.

I feel like you guys need to update your opinions on Germany. We aren't just beer, soccer and blondes.

1oviYNx.jpg

Mmmm.

Schweini is a lucky bastard

Ended up getting Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Not much of a selection at wal mart.

Lol poor

/ez

Godslay

Banned
I was just kidding around. I actually got your joke the first time around and it made me smile.

Fucking internet needs facial expressions and inflections already.

It's all good. I know you can take a joke.

You know what else is a joke or a little taste of instant karma? The fact that Sony was going down the same used game road with the PS4 as MS is with the X1, now it's just people bending over backwards to beg Sony not to do so, when everyone else just shit on MS. Good times, I knew it was coming, because it is likely the publishers and devs pushing the model.

Hung out with my brother-in-law today (the Chiefs fan) and talked some football. He's pretty excited about "franchise QB Alex Smith" and the Chiefs in general, says the playoffs are a lock for them this season. I give him a hard time but he's a cool dude, just incredibly optimistic.

Milchjon

Fuuuuuuuck, I just realized the Pats opener is the night before one of my more important exams.

World, why do you suck so much.

At this point I just want to know the prices of the systems.
I would definitely buy a PS4 at $400 or less but anything higher than that will require some extra motivation. Hopefully E3 will give me some good excuses. I don't see myself buying an XBO ever, but I might consider it someday for like $150 if there are some good exclusives.

Godslay

Banned
Hung out with my brother-in-law today (the Chiefs fan) and talked some football. He's pretty excited about "franchise QB Alex Smith" and the Chiefs in general, says the playoffs are a lock for them this season. I give him a hard time but he's a cool dude, just incredibly optimistic.

Wildcard maybe. That's going to be a hotspot this year.

Who is really in AFC Wildcard contention this year?

AFC West:
Possibly Chiefs bit of a reach here though, possibly SD (if Rivers gets his shit together).

AFC North:
Bengals/Ravens depending on how things shake out. I won't rule out the Steelers if Ben is healthy.

AFC South:
Texans/Colts

AFC East:
Fins

That seem accurate?

I would definitely buy a PS4 at $400 or less but anything higher than that will require some extra motivation. Hopefully E3 will give me some good excuses. I don't see myself buying an XBO ever, but I might consider it someday for like $150 if there are some good exclusives.
Yeah even though we don't know many games for it, I just still see myself waiting a long while before I get the Xbone.

rando14

Yeah even though we don't know many games for it, I just still see myself waiting a long while before I get the Xbone.

Xbone purchase at any point for me is going to depend entirely on the used game situation (unless info has come out on that that I havent heard yet).

as of right now ill probably buy a ps4 a year out or so, backlog is huge enough as it is

AFC West:
Possibly Chiefs bit of a reach here though, possibly SD (if Rivers gets his shit together).

AFC North:
Bengals/Ravens depending on how things shake out. I won't rule out the Steelers if Ben is healthy.

AFC South:
Texans/Colts

AFC East:
Fins

That seem accurate?
Yeah, that's what I'd go with. The Bills should be better but I doubt they'll win more than 8 games.

Milchjon

Its only the Bills.

But it's football. I have to hang out with you haters all year long, I want something in return.

As for used games DRM, I'm still kinda surprised this is legal. But I guess in a world where you can be kept from seeding the grains you harvest, I shouldn't be surprised.

AFC West:

AFC North:

AFC South:
Texans/Colts

AFC East:
Fins

That seem accurate?
Those are my picks. Though Geno did guarantee playoffs for the Jets this coming season.

rando14

AFC West:

AFC North:

AFC South:
Texans/Colts

AFC East:
Fins

That seem accurate?

Hell i'd probably put the colts a slight bit ahead of the texans, but then again i think luck will continue to get better and schoobs gonna schoob

squicken

But it's football. I have to hang out with you haters all year long, I want something in return.

As for used games DRM, I'm still kinda surprised this is legal. But I guess in a world where you can be kept from seeding the grains you harvest, I shouldn't be surprised.

Commie. You buy those seeds to reap one harvest. As long as everyone is aware of that before hand, there's nothing wrong with it. I also spent a long time at two schools with big agricultural colleges.

Godslay

Banned
Hell i'd probably put the colts a slight bit ahead of the texans, but then again i think luck will continue to get better and schoobs gonna schoob

Could happen. That's why I have them both listed. I have the Texans slightly above the Colts as they are a more complete team imo. Colts will be right there with them though.

steelers are going to suck this season. I doubt they'll be in contention for a wild card spot unless some other teams completely fall apart.

Yeah possibly. Maybe drafting a QB is the push Ben needs.

Milchjon

Commie. You buy those seeds to reap one harvest. As long as everyone is aware of that before hand, there's nothing wrong with it. I also spent a long time at two schools with big agricultural colleges.

Same thing goes for used game DRM. You'll also have to agree to some shit. I still think it's a bit shady.

squicken

Well, if you sell your car or your couch or your TV table, are you stealing from the makers too? If anything, it has to be priced into the initial sale.

Obviously I was joking about the stealing, though that is a loud part of the complainers, but not most to be all smooshy and clear. You aren't buying a license to use your couch. You are buying a couch. You aren't buying a game anymore. You are buying a license to play the game, and b/c they are nice, game makers are GIVING you a disk as a convenient way to get the game on to your game playing machine

Milchjon

Edit: fuck wrong thread smh

image.php

Obviously I was joking about the stealing, though that is a loud part of the complainers, but not most to be all smooshy and clear. You aren't buying a license to use your couch. You are buying a couch. You aren't buying a game anymore. You are buying a license to play the game, and b/c they are nice, game makers are GIVING you a disk as a convenient way to get the game on to your game playing machine

Well, this has always been a weird thing about media, and the era of DD has only made it more unclear. Things were simpler when you could just buy your shitty VHS, show it to as many people as you liked and give it to your brother when yu had enough of it.

bionic77

how was the zoo? did the Lions go all :kas when they saw you?
Kids loved it. Horrible day to go. They did not have enough parking and traffic was a little crappy around zoo. Place was packed. More expensive than I would have though but whatev like I said the kids had fun.

Most of the badass animals were sleeping so no laughs from them or us!

Kids loved it. Horrible day to go. They did not have enough parking and traffic was a little crappy around zoo. Place was packed. More expensive than I would have though but whatev like I said the kids had fun.

Most of the badass animals were sleeping so no laughs from them or us!

Good for you man!

I just wanted to post another Arjen picture and talk to you! SUP BIONIC!

squicken

Holy shit Lord Brady's wife has a twin sister. Those kids are going to like cure cancer while they score TDs (assuming football isn't outlawed)

celebrity-twins-gisele-bundchen.jpeg

bionic77

Holy shit Lord Brady's wife has a twin sister. Those kids are going to like cure cancer while they score TDs (assuming football isn't outlawed)

celebrity-twins-gisele-bundchen.jpeg
You know that Brady is a woman and Bill provided the sperm right?

You are so gullible. You probably think those kids are Eli's too!

Top Bottom