• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Talon

Apples to Oranges. I don't get the point of these arguments. The parameters of success in each sport are completely different. In football, you're divided up by granular positions with completely different skill sets and sometimes mind sets (thinking of a linebacker compared to a receiver compared to an offensive lineman compared to an end). In basketball and soccer, it's a much more fluid game. There are some basic skills that are shared to a much greater degree than in football.

A guy like Eli Manning couldn't play any other position in football. A guy like Glen Johnson has played up top as a winger when necessary even though he's a fullback. Jeff Teague and Al Horford are completely different players, but, when it comes down to it, they dribble, catch, shoot, pass, post-up and rebound.

Also rejected a rather nice contract offer when he was healthy:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Steve Smith once reportedly rejected a five-year, $35M offer with $15M guaranteed from #NYG. Hurt his knee months later. Was never the same.

Garafolo makes a good point on that:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 1m

Folks aren't reading today. Let's try CAPS: NYG offer to Steve Smith in 2010 was during uncapped year and therefore NOT FULLY GUARANTEED.

Examining QB pressure from PFF. Gives a variety of statistics when a QB is pressured from all of the positions on the line. In this news starved offseason, worth a look:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/29/examining-pressure-qb-play/2/

On the question of left tackle:

Perhaps it’s no coincidence that three of the last five Super Bowl winning quarterbacks sit atop this list as the growing perception that an elite left tackle is unnecessary continues to gain momentum. Rodgers, Brees, and Manning not only led their teams to championships, but they’re clearly the best in the league when pressure comes from the “blind side” since 2008. Brees’ reputation for a quick release holds true according to these numbers as left tackle pressure led to a sack only 7.3 percent of the time, well below the league average.

EDIT: Someone posted this on BBI:

stevesmithjuke1.gif

DAT route.

ChanHuk

Banned
Your clue sucks

EDIT: OH THOSE KIDS, I didn't say I was glad, just no fucks given. They're from Irvine California, their PD picks up bums from that city and drops them off in downtown Santa Ana. Fuck Irvine.

9118844_600x338.jpg

Darwin got to them pretty good.

I didn't know Dutch had American parts to him.

My dad's born and raised in Boston. I have the best of both worlds.

Also, Eznark, I hope you don't hate me! I will think about you when I'm at the Trampled by Turtles concert on Friday!

Edit: Hey Chan, was that the largest image you could find? Maybe you could try and find a bigger one.

ChanHuk

Banned
Your dad is from Boston Dutch? I dislike you even more, no Taco Bell for you.

And I don't hate anyone from Ohio, I just feel sorry for them because you know, they live in Ohio. LOL JAK YOU LIVE IN OHIO!!!

Fantomex

Just made this. It's my new favorite gif. I'm hoping to use it for E3 when Microsoft talks about the technology upgrade the Cloud will give us. And also when LJ or Future start talking about Cover 2s, Hot Routes or Blitz Schemes I don't understand.

n6elLjL.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Your clue sucks

EDIT: OH THOSE KIDS, I didn't say I was glad, just no fucks given. They're from Irvine California, their PD picks up bums from that city and drops them off in downtown Santa Ana. Fuck Irvine.

9118844_600x338.jpg

Yeah, you're Pats level of scum with this one. The driver caused 4 other kids to die. I'm sure it's their fault that police have been accused of doing bad things.

ChanHuk

Banned
Yeah, you're Pats level of scum with this one. The driver caused 4 other kids to die. I'm sure it's their fault that police have been accused of doing bad things.

Not a single fuck given, I hate kids already, especially teenagers. The kid didn't have his license either I think? Who's fault? The kid's parents for letting their kid drive. Those 4 other kids have to die because of bad parenting.

Fantomex

Hey Chan, you getting that Pokemon game for the 3ds when it comes out? I'll get the opposite of what you get, so we can collect all the pokemans!

Damn Chan, didn't realize that was the accident you were talking about yesterday. It was front page news on Yahoo this morning.

Also, many fucks given. Dumb people do dumb things, but all kids, even smart ones, make mistakes.

Milchjon

Hey Chan, you getting that Pokemon game for the 3ds when it comes out? I'll get the opposite of what you get, so we can collect all the pokemans!

But Chan hates kids.

Also, has the buttfumble lost its unifying powers? It was the first thing posted on this page, yet it still got hostile in here.

ChanHuk

Banned
Damn Chan, didn't realize that was the accident you were talking about yesterday. It was front page news on Yahoo this morning.

Also, many fucks given. Dumb people do dumb things, but all kids, even smart ones, make mistakes.

Eh it was a simple case of those guys trying finger bang the girls by impressing them with poooooooower. Everybody makes mistakes, this got a lot of publicity because of where the crash took place and that they're residents of Irvine.

But Chan hates kids.

Tis true
I'll probably get one by the time Pokemans XY comes out.

It got hostile because Old Man Winter aka Bionic said Skyfall sucked. Went downhill from there. Oh and Gronk.

I have never played a Pokemon game.

Fantomex

Eh it was a simple case of those guys trying finger bang the girls by impressing them with poooooooower. Everybody makes mistakes, this got a lot of publicity because of where the crash took place and that they're residents of Irvine.

Tis true

I have never played a Pokemon game.

Your missing out bro, they're redundant but very addicting.

Milchjon

Also because 5 fucking teens died.

Jeez, you either need a nicer shtick or a nicer job.

Nakazato

Your clue sucks

9118844_600x338.jpg

yea i saw this shit on KTLA this morning crazy.

Just moved now im only 4 hours from BL and we can talk about how Flacco will lead us the the motherland

Draxal

Thing I remember about Steve Smith was that he had the reputation as the busiest facebook poster ever; then the great betrayal took place and he barely logged into facebook afterwards.

I'll probably get one by the time Pokemans XY comes out.

It got hostile because Old Man Winter aka Bionic said Skyfall sucked. Went downhill from there. Oh and Gronk.
I'll probably get a 3ds by then too if not sooner, haven't played a pokemon game forever.
We can be friiiieeeeends.
FRiEND

Top Bottom