• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

I am a to kill a mockingbird type lawyer. Not an OJ, Big Ben, spygate type of attorney.

6a00d83451bd4469e2017ee930f9c6970d-800wi

squicken

That's just a bunch of charges from one incident. For all we know, he got drunk, ran over a mailbox, and fled the scene. Lawyers aren't gods. They make mistakes too. And he what better place to recruit clients?

bionic77

That's some Gainesville, FL shit. The lawyers there are probably as fucked up as the average Floridian. Lawyers in the Northeast are respectable!

I actually agree, though I'd like them to start in December, play 50 games, and be done by the end of March. I loved the season this year. For someone who doesn't have a team it's tough to follow a 9 month season.

Football is about the only sport that is just right in terms of length of season. It makes the offseason almost unbearable but with only 16 games, each game is incredibly important. If you lose the first two, if you go on a losing streak and the reverse, if you jump out and win the first four, etc... they have such an impact on an entire season.

Hockey, basketball and especially baseball have seasons that are too long. Hockey and basketball could be cut to 50-60 games and make things far more interesting. As for baseball, there's really no saving it. Tough to make a sport that boring interesting to watch at all.

Rorschach

Going through my pics folder, I found one of my favorite gifs of last season again:

lolsaints_mediums2usd.gif

Football is awesome.

Tackling these days... if that was Rams/Titans SB, the Tits would have won and Dyson would be a hero. No, don't wrap up! Just push him into the end zone!

JABEE

I can't lie. I think the Eagles are going to surprise teams this season. They have a good O-Line, receiving corps, and RBs. They also have Brent Celek, James Casey and Zach Ertz at TE.

I'm just worried about QB and defense. I don't know what to expect. Players giving a damn about whether they win or lose should be an improvement.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I have nothing against the Eagles but I need to see Vick do terrible.

If you end up using Foles or Barkley I wish only the best for you guys.

Football is about the only sport that is just right in terms of length of season. It makes the offseason almost unbearable but with only 16 games, each game is incredibly important. If you lose the first two, if you go on a losing streak and the reverse, if you jump out and win the first four, etc... they have such an impact on an entire season.

Hockey, basketball and especially baseball have seasons that are too long. Hockey and basketball could be cut to 50-60 games and make things far more interesting. As for baseball, there's really no saving it. Tough to make a sport that boring interesting to watch at all.

The shortened season reinvigored my love for hockey. I don't know if I can go back to a full 82 game sked.

Baseball. I don't understand how people don't like it. I just assume they're watching the game wrong.

ChanHuk

Banned
The shortened season reinvigored my love for hockey. I don't know if I can go back to a full 82 game sked.

Baseball. I don't understand how people don't like it. I just assume they're watching the game wrong.

Watching baseball is more of a social event. You go, the game is in front of you but you don't give a fuck about whats going on because you're grabbing some girl's ass, getting drunk, and taking off your shirt. Football is the same except whats going on the field is actually important.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why the Vick hate? Just curious!

One of my best friends is huge on black QBs with Vick being his poster boy. Nothing is ever Vick's fault. Highlights from him over the years:

Vince Young should win MVP; the year Vince got injured, came back and almost got the Titans in to the playoffs by beating up on shit teams.

It's the O-Line's job to see the blitz and tell Vick. Not his responsibility to call it out.

Cam Newton is the only man on his team, everyone else is acting like bitches.

Mike Vick is top 5 QB in the league.

squicken

Chan I saw the perfect woman for you today at the grocery store. Just as I am going inside, this lady wearing business attire gets out of her car, reaches in the back seat, and takes her infant child out, car seat and all. Puts the kid on the shopping cart and inside she goes.

Thought to myself it was a harried working mother having to go get her kid from child care and then do the shopping. Anyway as I am leaving with my groceries, out she comes with nothing in her cart other than the kid and a case of Miller Lite. Could see lots of people shooting her dirty looks, but she gave no fucks about getting her booze

bionic77

Sorry baseball is horrible. One of the most boring sports ever to play or watch.

Edit: just saw next gen PES. I am ready for next gen now!

ChanHuk

Banned
bionic, if you were a real friend, you woulda gotten me her number. Speaking of milfs, I haven't spoken with mine in awhile.

jakncoke

Banned
One of my best friends is huge on black QBs with Vick being his poster boy. Nothing is ever Vick's fault. Highlights from him over the years:

Vince Young should win MVP; the year Vince got injured, came back and almost got the Titans in to the playoffs by beating up on shit teams.

It's the O-Line's job to see the blitz and tell Vick. Not his responsibility to call it out.

Is your friend MWS Natural by chance?

What does he think of the kaptain?!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is your friend MWS Natural by chance?

:jnc

Well the good news for your buddy is that RG3 might be legit. McNabb was pretty good for a while. Really Warren Moon remains the best black QB.

Also, you should tell your buddy that he's vindicating Rush Limbaugh by only rooting for black QBs.

JABEE

Watching the Reactions to the Top 100 show.
LeSean McCoy says Tony Romo is one of his favorite players in the league and thinks he's underrated.

He thinks Romo is better than Flacco.

Top Bottom