• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Why would he slide at all? He had a great year last year. Almost 4k yards, 27 total TDs. He wasnt the problem at all, the terrible offense they tried to run is what hurt them.

This.

Cam's year was comparable to his rookie season in every important stat. I guess people forgot about him because

A) Team had a bad start
B) They (unrealistically) expected some huge jump in production from rookie to sophomore season
C) RG3, Kaep, Wilson, and Luck were the new flavors of the month.

Fantomex

Just saw that PES short trailer, you won't fool me this time Konami. Just looking at those faces on the player models, I thought it was a Resident Evil trailer. They always suck when launching on a new console.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why would he slide at all? He had a great year last year. Almost 4k yards, 27 total TDs. He wasnt the problem at all, the terrible offense they tried to run is what hurt them.

Stafford better be number one on the list or the whole thing is a sham. /kas

Hellix

Well in his second year, his play was similar to his rookie year. He didn't really improve that much but he didn't really regress either. The first half the season was agonizing to watch except for the home Saints game, and there were a couple one-score games he couldn't seal the deal. With the combination of all the rookie QB play the past year, I figured he would be overlooked. Of course I know the season wasn't all his fault but having seen some popular players being marked lower or off the list from previous years, I thought Cam would not have made it.

cdyhybrid

This.

Cam's year was comparable to his rookie season in every important stat. I guess people forgot about him because

A) Team had a bad start
B) They (unrealistically) expected some huge jump in production from rookie to sophomore season
C) RG3, Kaep, Wilson, and Luck were better players.

FTFY

This.

A) Team had a bad start
C) RG3, Kaep, Wilson, and Luck were the new flavors of the month.

Dont most QB actually take a step back in their 2nd year? You always hear people talk about sophomore slumps for NFL QB's. I really think it is impressive that Cam has been so consistent in the NFL. Hopefully they can get the offense figured out this year and not be putting the team in 2nd/3rd and long situations all game.

effzee

Uh thats what I said. Though I am not as loving of the Heat as you seem to be!

Well I am rooting for them. With the Sixers out plus Lebron/Wade hate, I have decided they are my NBA team for the post season.

Birdman Birdman should be suspended for the next game though.

Hellix

It's already a sham then. Stafford was 76.

Eli was on last night at 43. 8 more QB's on the list left from what I've read.

Not necessarily in this order, but probably:

Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Joe Flacco
Matt Ryan
RGIII
Andrew Luck

If Luck and RGIII are in the top 8 QBs then Wilson needs to be there as well. What has Matt Ryan done to be ahead of Eli at this point?

The list about only last year right? If that's the case, you could put Ryan in front of Eli.

Agree that Wussle has to be on there as well then.

squicken

If Luck and RGIII are in the top 8 QBs then Wilson needs to be there as well. What has Matt Ryan done to be ahead of Eli at this point?

Ryan puts up consistently good numbers. You can argue that he is the beneficiary of lots of surrounding talent, but he still produces. Eli can be pretty inconsistent, but when he is on, he is a top level player.

Yeah, Wilson was already revealed at #51. I would put him ahead of Luck at least.

I think Wilson will end up being the second best QB of all the young guys, but he's not as good as Luck.

Ryan puts up consistently good numbers. You can argue that he is the beneficiary of lots of surrounding talent, but he still produces. Eli can be pretty inconsistent, but when he is on, he is a top level player.

I think Ryan has the best supporting cast of any QB, does anyone actually think that Eli wouldnt have done at least as well with the same talent? I guess it is hard to weigh all that stuff when making a list like this. The young guys people are putting them on their for potential, but all the other QBs are SB winners but Ryan.

and Brady

Fox318

Breaking News

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29 May
Pittsburgh Steelers announce that they will sign QB Tim #Tebow to a 4 year $14 million deal. More details to come
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/339921213541124145

Hellix

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶u̶p̶ ̶Q̶B̶.̶ If it were true.

I think Ryan has the best supporting cast of any QB, does anyone actually think that Eli wouldnt have done at least as well with the same talent? I guess it is hard to weigh all that stuff when making a list like this. The young guys people are putting them on their for potential, but all the other QBs are SB winners but Ryan.

and Brady

You can't evaluate players by what they can theoretically do. You have to measure them by what they've done.

If you did it the former, Peyton Manning would top these lists forever and ever amen.

MechDX

Steelers GAF:

815636%20-%20MEME%20Weirdest_Boner%20animated.gif

squicken

It's not like Eli has been playing with putrid players himself. All QBs need good players around them. There's some myth that even otherwise smart writers spout off about only bad QBs needing weapons.

Who is the worst #1 WR Peyton Manning has ever had? Brady wasn't BRADY until they traded for Moss and Welker. There's so much bs surrounding the position.

Anyone handy?

I'm trying to uninstall my dryer, and it's gas. I've already turned off the gas valve, do I need to cap the flex pipe after I've unattached it from the dryer?

Also, if I die in a fiery explosion....it's been fun and I'm going out a champion.

MechDX

Anyone handy?

I'm trying to uninstall my dryer, and it's gas. I've already turned off the gas valve, do I need to cap the flex pipe after I've unattached it from the dryer?

Also, if I die in a fiery explosion....it's been fun and I'm going out a champion.

When we were looking at houses a few years ago all the dryer gas pipes we saw in vacant houses just had them turned off and not capped including our own.

Top Bottom