• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

ChanHuk

Banned
Who's getting pissed about spoilers? The fort doesn't protect you from spoilers. Its apart of life, people just like to get offended by anything. I mean it is a discussion board and all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've seen you guys might be talking about spoilers so I'm just bailing out for a bit until we get back to insulting each other and hating on the Pats as per usual.

So I should be back in an hour at most.

I've seen you guys might be talking about spoilers so I'm just bailing out for a bit until we get back to insulting each other and hating on the Pats as per usual.

So I should be back in an hour at most.

Ha nothing about GoT brother. Unless you were planning on breaking out your playstation 1 or reading harry potter you are good

Greg

Hey dude, thought I'd bring this over to NFL age if you don't mind as we've a tighter knit community and I'm about to bail out of that topic before I get stupider and get banned.

Honestly, I don't really know if I disagree with the degree or the principle of spoilers. In discussing the degree it is difficult to discuss where the line is/should be drawn, but there is a huge difference between perusing GAF, a community in which spoilers are punished, and perusing Twitter, a wild west free for all of pop culture. If someone has an expectation of their Twitter followers to adhere to the line they have personally drawn for spoilers, that is an absolutely unreasonable expectation and the OP has no one to blame but himself.
I'm not sure if there is such a difference though - the spoilers would be punished on GAF, but that doesn't prevent them from happening here. Just like he didn't expect to see them from someone he was following on twitter, but it happened anyways.

As far as principle goes, the whole thing is kind of a sketchy subject to begin with because it is so subjectively based. I've seen people on here bitch about a ten year old movie, and then there is the infamous case of Sculli's fish in a boat "spoiler." Frankly, unless you are on a strictly regulated site like GAF (and even here at times) any expectations of not getting spoiled by something in some form of media you participate in is going to leave you burned. I've never really felt like spoilers detracted anything for me, from The Sixth Sense to FF7 to Harry Potter
The common sense and consideration works on both ends - I think most would agree the person complaining about a ten year old movie is in the "wrong".

I was just interested because that sense of entitlement you thought the guy in the topic had will be exactly what you have the moment you create an exception for being upset about a spoiler:

"I was spoiled... but it was on GAF where it shouldn't happen."
"I was spoiled... but it was from a leaked script."
etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Spoilers should be limited to one year at the most. That's it.

If you don't get around to seeing something or whatever in that first year, you are likely not in the crowd of folks who get mad about spoilers.

Fantomex

I dunno why I was expecting her to have an hourglass figure.

French press coffee is awesome if any of you were curious.

Basically, I never go on the internet until I watch the movie or show everyone will be talking aobut.

Hey Focker this laptop dude flaked. And I have a suspicion you need a newer laptop than the one I'm selling. I can always PM you the info.

Pats suck.

Telling people about Aeris was a public service so you don't even bother using her.

Admittedly this was annoying

I am disappointed in January Jones' tits. Was expecting better

Meg/10
Sharp knees

Would not bang

I never played FFVII, am I worse than a Pats fan?

In retrospect it was probably so beloved because it introduced many Western gamers to jrpgs. I'm skeptical it would hold up without nostalgia

I'm not sure if there is such a difference though - the spoilers would be punished on GAF, but that doesn't prevent them from happening here. Just like he didn't expect to see them from someone he was following on twitter, but it happened anyways.

The common sense and consideration works on both ends - I think most would agree the person complaining about a ten year old movie is in the "wrong".

I was just interested because that sense of entitlement you thought the guy in the topic had will be exactly what you have the moment you create an exception for being upset about a spoiler:

"I was spoiled... but it was on GAF where it shouldn't happen."
"I was spoiled... but it was from a leaked script."
etc.

Well GAF's rules are certainly a pretty effective deterent I would say but obviously it is impossible to weed out completely.

I understand that not everyone is as indifferent to spoilers as I am, but the expectation that you are going to use social media and avoid major spoilers is totally unreasonable. And lol, thanks for trying to trap me into looking like a hypocrite in front of all of GAF you dick, I hope Rodgers snaps an ankle on the bag of dicks I'm sending him and misses the season. You will have to sit here and listen to all the :kas rants all season while Reggie Bush racks up 1800 yards.

This 10000000 game is fun

MechDX

And then sign a 10 year, $400 million contract that is fully guaranteed? Is that worth a SB, Mech?

tumblr_mbgjatOQYv1qb9nyp.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
972087_10151613686383605_407502722_n.jpg

Erron, Cutler, RGIII, Brandon Weeden and all other QBs on our schedule will shit themselves when they see this opposite of them.

cdyhybrid

972087_10151613686383605_407502722_n.jpg

Erron, Cutler, RGIII, Brandon Weeden and all other QBs on our schedule will shit themselves when they see this opposite of them.

I would be scared too, my linemen wouldn't be protecting me after the play, so they'd be free to stomp on my chest or kick me in the balls when no one's looking.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jokes on you. Unlike Rodgers, Cutler and RGIII my boy Brandon Weeden already wears Depends so he can shit himself how many times he likes.

IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

I was so happy when Aeris died because I never used her and then all the sudden they force you to for a dungeon and the bitch was a huge liability. I remember thinking what a stupid decision that was and then she died and I was free!

As for the other spoiler, I thankfully finished the book before the Snape kills Dumbledore shit hit. Pretty fucked up to ruin something people had been reading for nearly 10 years at that point. It's not like spoiling the plot for a stand alone entry, people invested a lot of time in that series. All the speculation between each entry and then such a huge thing gets ruined for many people. I know it's just entertainment and all, but that guy was a serious douchebag.

I was so happy when Aeris died because I never used her and then all the sudden they force you to for a dungeon and the bitch was a huge liability. I remember thinking what a stupid decision that was and then she died and I was free!

As for the other spoiler, I thankfully finished the book before the Snape kills Dumbledore shit hit. Pretty fucked up to ruin something people had been reading for nearly 10 years at that point. It's not like spoiling the plot for a stand alone entry, people invested a lot of time in that series. All the speculation between each entry and then such a huge thing gets ruined for many people. I know it's just entertainment and all, but that guy was a serious douchebag.

Yeah some fucking loser internet tough guy spoiled the Snape thing for me as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll never forget the day the book got released and some loser driving around in a car in front of book stores yelling "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE".

The anger and sadness by those fans. :(

Greg

Well GAF's rules are certainly a pretty effective deterent I would say but obviously it is impossible to weed out completely.

I understand that not everyone is as indifferent to spoilers as I am, but the expectation that you are going to use social media and avoid major spoilers is totally unreasonable. And lol, thanks for trying to trap me into looking like a hypocrite in front of all of GAF you dick, I hope Rodgers snaps an ankle on the bag of dicks I'm sending him and misses the season. You will have to sit here and listen to all the :kas rants all season while Reggie Bush racks up 1800 yards.
:jnc

I wasn't trying to stir shit up, but you ran hard with the whole entitlement thing over the course of a couple posts, so I wanted to see how far you'd take it

ChanHuk

Banned
So new salary cap figures are out post June 1st cuts. Raiders have 12 million in cap space (Josh Cribbs' deal not included), 6 million or so to sign the rookies. Raiders have about 4-5 million in cap space.

Top Bottom