• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23158434/broncos-von-miller-draws-inspiration-from-j-j

Von Miller draws inspiration from JJ.

035_RodeoHouston_parade_February_2012_JJ_Watt.jpg

Bless you Wisconsin. <3<3

Watt is so awesome. So is Dre. Why does Schoob have to ruin everything?

This new job is hard, way less time for GAF.

Also, I like the Spagnuolo hiring. He's been a solid coordinator before, and he's only a special assistant. This is Dean Pees defense.

cajunator

Banned
This new job is hard, way less time for GAF.

Also, I like the Spagnuolo hiring. He's been a solid coordinator before, and he's only a special assistant. This is Dean Pees defense.

I think Spags would be ok with a strong coach to keep him in check.
The problem with him on the Saints was his Ego went unchecked. Payton wouldnt have allowed that shit to get out of control to the point where the defense gives up on him.

Fox318

It was in the Yahoo article. He didn't go to Jacksonville b/c the coach and GM didn't want him. Kahn did. The Jets, on the other hand, had Sparano, Tannenbaum and Rex recruiting Tebow. Stop with your bonkers conspiracies and just accept your team is a donkey show

I want the truth

Nakazato

I want the truth
Cause Tebow money train comes through Jax and he didnt want to get exposed as a fraud in his home town.... With that being said he went to NYJ and got exposed as a fraud that couldnt beat Sanchez. So in short TEBOW IS A FUCKING FRAUD.

ChanHuk

Banned
Cause Tebow money train comes through Jax and he didnt want to get exposed as a fraud in his home town.... With that being said he went to NYJ and got exposed as a fraud that couldnt beat Sanchez. So in short TEBOW IS A FUCKING FRAUD.

Tebow will smite you.

It was in the Yahoo article. He didn't go to Jacksonville b/c the coach and GM didn't want him. Kahn did. The Jets, on the other hand, had Sparano, Tannenbaum and Rex recruiting Tebow. Stop with your bonkers conspiracies and just accept your team is a donkey show

Go on...

Godslay

Banned

Tim Tebow's playoff win percentage against the AFC North. 100%.

Tebow is shit. He can't throw and thus can't play QB in the NFL. This was KNOWN before he entered the NFL. The Broncos gave him a huge break by picking him in the 1st. A huge "chance" that he didn't deserve.

Then the fans pushed him into the starting lineup even though he didn't earn the start. Another chance which all the other guys who were ranked higher than him on the depth chart didn't get. Then he gets the option to go to NYJ or Jacksonville. He chose the JETS. How often does a shitty player get to dictate? And all that so he could also advance his own non-Football agendas in the biggest media market in the world.

He has no talent and didn't deserve to play a snap last season but they forced him to play, even though it was very little, only because "he's such a hard worker such a nice guy...blah blah".

Comparing him to Vince Young makes no sense. Vince Young sucks also but he has more talent as QB. He went to pro bowls. He at least displayed some grasp of the position. He has mental issues which if he ever conquered he could at least be a back up QB. Tebow isn't even that good. VY deserved his chances compared to Tebow.

Oh I know all about how or why he is so popular. Doesn't change the fact that if he was black and still all those things he wouldn't be discussed so much or given as many chances as he has already gotten.

You couldnt be more wrong about Tebow. He was drafted high because he was great in college and he is extremely talented. He got to start in Denever because Orton was 1-4 and the team was going nowhere. He turned the team around and got them into the playoffs and then threw for over 300 yards against the #1 pass defense that year and won a huge game for them. He isnt get another shot, even though he absolutely deserves it because of all the other stuff that surrounds him. Any other QB who did what he did that year would have gotten another chance, hell look at the crap that gets multiple chances in the NFL like Jason Campbell. Hell JRuss was the #1 pick even though he had a horrible work ethic and limited college experience.

Wu Tang 36 Chambers is awesome.

One of the best albums of all time. It is so sad that none makes records this good anymore. It is one of the few albums that I could listen to on continuous all day every day and never get sick of it.

I looked over at my 15 year old today and he had two hairs growing on the bridge of his nose, suggesting he might be suffering from Flaccoitis, a lethal disease that we all know leads to having a horrible attitude and the notion that you can just say "fuck it" all the time and that things will work out for the best.

I told him "Damn, you're starting to get a Flacco there."

He said, "Holy crap, someone fix this!"

My wife tweezed those fuckers out and said, "There, I fixed your Flacco."

Thankfully he's back to normal now.

Oh, and Teblow sucks. The guy CANNOT THROW THE FOOTBALL IN A SPIRAL. While this appears to be the main reason why no NFL team will touch him again (let's not mention the Christian circus that follows him around like a plague of rats behind the pied piper), I am surprised that no team -- not even the Raaaaaaiiiiiddddaaaaaahhhhhhhsssss who give everyone six or eighteen chances -- have taken a flyer on him. Let's face it: the guy played well as a starter and won a playoff game. There are a ton of guys starting with teams today *cough* Stafford, Fatman, Sadford *cough* who haven't achieved that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know people hate on the neck beard but its amazing to me that Kyle Orton is a backup when he's an upgrade for half a dozen teams.

Same with Shaun Hill!

No lie, Orton would be in the top 5 all time for the Jets.

MechDX

I know people hate on the neck beard but its amazing to me that Kyle Orton is a backup when he's an upgrade for half a dozen teams.

Same with Shaun Hill!

No lie, Orton would be in the top 5 all time for the Jets.

1) Namath
2) .....
3) .....
4) Favre
5) Orton?

lets make a pact to meet in each and every superbowl all the way through superbowl 51!

mattschaub-doublejerk.gif

But I'm a Rockets fan who doesn't like Jacoby or KMart :(

Dre and Hopkins at WR and Kmart in the slot. Oh yeah! Now I just need a QB who isn't afraid to sling n slang.

bionic77

Nintendo should just go handheld and third party on consoles.
I imagine they will suck dick the way Sega has since they went 3rd party.

No thanks. I am not poor. If Nintendo makes a few classic gems I will buy their console just for it. If you are poor and can't afford multiple consoles you should be ashamed of yourself. Pull up yourself up by your generic ass bootstraps and become rich like the rest of us civilized peoples.

Though eventually it does seem like consoles will die. No idea what Nintendo is going to do when that happens. Thank God their consoles are so fucking low tech that even if they stop making games we will always be able to use their old ones because none of their game seem to be attached to servers.

bionic77

the packers won't be involved in any superbowls as long as kap is still in the NFC

KaepernickTD_original.gif
How can any of the defensive players or coaches still be employed after that?

As good as Kap is, Gotdamn @ dat defense. Just further proof that they were using more PEDs in 2010 than all of the German swimmers, American sprinters and Seattle Seahawks combined.

As good as Kap is, Gotdamn @ dat defense. Just further proof that they were using more PEDs in 2010 than all of the German swimmers, American sprinters and Seattle Seahawks combined.

the best part for green bay is they didn't really make any changes to their coaching staff or defense :D

Fox318

Packers defense spends too much time making commercials. You can't expect them to actually play defense.

bionic77

the best part for green bay is they didn't really make any changes to their coaching staff or defense :D
That's smart. They just need to throw the ball even more next season and play even shittier defense!

There was nothing wrong with their plan. They just need better effort and execution!

Hunter S.

I could see how a person would get that mixed up. McD was dumped part of the way through that season, with Studesville taking over. Orton was hurt the game after McD was fired, and Tebow came in. He lost against the Raiders, and Chargers, but engineered the day after Christmas miracle against the Texans. What a horrible season, besides the Timmy highlights.
I am not going to lie when Shanahan was fired I was so so mad I was cursing Bowlen. The first year I said at work to everyone I was a Raiders fan. The two years I least followed football and the broncos. I cursed McCuntBreath from the beginning, and I was fully justified by it in both of his miserable seasons as he proved a miserable head coach. Never again though the Raiders are the epitome of thug football. I just love Mike.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New 49ers stadium now the favorite for hosting Super Bowl L after Miami fails to get funding for stadium upgrades:

The San Francisco 49ers may have missed a Super Bowl title by a few yards, but it appears the team's new Santa Clara stadium is a virtual lock to host the 2016 title game.

By default. And politics.

Two stadiums -- the new $1 billion stadium in Santa Clara and the Miami Dolphins' "aging" Sun Life Stadium -- are the final contenders to host Super Bowl 50.

But the National Football League has informed the Dolphins that their venue needs significant improvements before it can be considered for the big game, and Florida lawmakers can't agree on allotting $350 million towards stadium rehabilitation.

Lawmakers ended a 60-day session Friday without approving a plan to get taxpayer support for the upgrade to Sun Life Stadium.

The Miami Herald said it was an "epic defeat" for the Miami Dolphins.

“Okay, members,” Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford told lawmakers at 6:57 p.m. “We’re done.”

The voters won't have the opportunity to approve a publicly-funded rehab plan during a May 14 vote, which means the Bay Area will likely win the bid.

Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews said he is very excited, but added he is still being "cautiously optimistic." He would not declare his city the winner.

The NFL won't make the official announcement until May 21.

"Until the vote happens on the 21st we don't know for sure. But each step that leads up to that is very exciting," Matthews said.

The Bay Area last hosted a Super Bowl in 1985, when 84,000 people watched -- wait for it -- the San Francisco 49ers defeat the Miami Dolphins, 38-16, at Stanford Stadium.

Top Bottom