• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

That's smart. They just need to throw the ball even more next season and play even shittier defense!

There was nothing wrong with their plan. They just need better effort and execution!
This is why I'm predicting 11-5 and a divisional round exit every year until either Rodgers retires or we fire Capers.

This is why I'm predicting 11-5 and a divisional round exit every year until either Rodgers retires or we fire Capers.
Capers isn't playing to his players but I think it's more of a personnel problem. Packers D is soft and doughy up front and skinny in the back. Not a great recipe for stout defense. Just ask cajunator.

Striker

Comparing him to Vince Young makes no sense. Vince Young sucks also but he has more talent as QB. He went to pro bowls. He at least displayed some grasp of the position. He has mental issues which if he ever conquered he could at least be a back up QB. Tebow isn't even that good. VY deserved his chances compared to Tebow.
Pro Bowls are shit especially when one of his recently came when like three QB's backed out. What has Vince done besides leave his teammates during the middle of the season, had tons of inconsistencies and injuries, and just overall be a letdown? Tebow helps win a playoff game over Pittsburgh and he's gotten nothing since then.

Just so you know, I think he's a bad QB too, but since you brought up the race thing, it was just a bit ignorant considering bums like VY has had many.

Pro Bowls are shit especially when one of his recently came when like three QB's backed out. What has Vince done besides leave his teammates during the middle of the season, had tons of inconsistencies and injuries, and just overall be a letdown? Tebow helps win a playoff game over Pittsburgh and he's gotten nothing since then.

Just so you know, I think he's a bad QB too, but since you brought up the race thing, it was just a bit ignorant considering bums like VY has had many.
Vince young has talent at the position. Tebow doesn't. NFL teams have proven that they will put up with a lot when you're talented. Nothing about Tebow's career so far has been given to him because of talent. Dude has been given chance after chance where others would have been chased out of the league ages ago.

Vince young has talent at the position. Tebow doesn't. NFL teams have proven that they will put up with a lot when you're talented. Nothing about Tebow's career so far has been given to him because of talent. Dude has been given chance after chance where others would have been chased out of the league ages ago.

What chances has he been given? They put him in in Denver when they thought that the season was over and he lead them to the playoffs and played great in a win once there. Since then he played a few snaps last year but was never given a chance to be the starter. Any other 1st round pick QB would have gotten another chance after what he did in the playoffs. Usually teams will stick with 1st round QBs well past the point of reason. I really think Tebow has gotten less of a chance then any other 1st round QB ever.

Kacar

I'm at my girlfriends graduation for the next 2 hours and the excitement is lacking. Someone cheer me up about the coming browns season.

What chances has he been given? They put him in in Denver when they thought that the season was over and he lead them to the playoffs and played great in a win once there. Since then he played a few snaps last year but was never given a chance to be the starter. Any other 1st round pick QB would have gotten another chance after what he did in the playoffs. Usually teams will stick with 1st round QBs well past the point of reason. I really think Tebow has gotten less of a chance then any other 1st round QB ever.
let's start with being drafted in the first round in the first place. Getting the start over Orton, who despite the slump at the time was clearly the better QB. Then remaining starter despite routine 20 yard drives every game. Receiving credit for wins despite putting up virtually no points and relying on a galvanized defense, a kicker kicking out of his mind, and teams inexplicably keeping him in games. 3 teams gifted him wins that season.

I've said it before, but Tebow is that kid who won at fighting games by just spazzing out on the controller. Doesn't mean he's good.

Milchjon

I'm at my girlfriends graduation for the next 2 hours and the excitement is lacking. Someone cheer me up about the coming browns season.

There's so many things to be excited about, why do you need to pick the Browns season of all things?

Milchjon

Are you saying the Browns dont generate any excitement?

WEEDEN.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am excited.

I am for sure going to at least one Browns game this season, possible two now.

Guaranteed game is in Green Bay in October. Going with the same friend I went to the Lions/Packers Thanksgiving game a few years ago. It'll be our first time at Lambeau. I'm already sure it will be ten folds better than the shithole that is Ralph Lewis.

Second game that may end up being my first game is the home opener against the Dolphins. Got a few guys at work who are diehard Fins fans that once they saw the schedule they want to go.

Excitement!

Kacar

The only Browns home game I went to was against the titans during the glorius Charlie Frye years with my dad.

Unfortunately I've been to 12-15 Titans games, most of them during the Vince Young days when my older brothers had season tickets.

I'm really excited for our defense, if Kruger and da MINGO can consistently get to the qb our D should be really solid, assuming that Skrine hasnt already been called for holding in the secondary.

And our offense has at least 3 future hall of famers so we should get some points.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm really excited to see what Horton can do with this defense. On paper we might have the best defense in the division at least. The pass rush at least will be vastly improved.

Weeden has more weapons (Bess/Gordon/Little/Benjamin/Trent Truck) and an OC that isn't going to force him into an offense that doesn't work for anyone. I'm calling it now Weeden will have a solid bounceback season. He's still not our QB of the future but he will be more then good enough to hold the fort until we draft a youthier QB.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm really excited to see what Horton can do with this defense. On paper we might have the best defense in the division at least. The pass rush at least will be vastly improved.

Weeden has more weapons (Bess/Gordon/Little/Benjamin/Trent Truck) and an OC that isn't going to force him into an offense that doesn't work for anyone. I'm calling it now Weeden will have a solid bounceback season. He's still not our QB of the future but he will be more then good enough to hold the fort until we draft a youthier QB.
*nods sagely*

Striker

let's start with being drafted in the first round in the first place. Getting the start over Orton, who despite the slump at the time was clearly the better QB. Then remaining starter despite routine 20 yard drives every game. Receiving credit for wins despite putting up virtually no points and relying on a galvanized defense, a kicker kicking out of his mind, and teams inexplicably keeping him in games. 3 teams gifted him wins that season.

I've said it before, but Tebow is that kid who won at fighting games by just spazzing out on the controller. Doesn't mean he's good.
Right, I'm not saying he's good, but it was said he's only where he's at because he's white. What's VY done lately to warrant chances? He is another first round pick (except he was picked at #3), and has had his career falter year after year. Quitting on his team in another instance. Turn emo because fans are booing you? I wouldn't want him on my team, either. Tebow's probably looking for a chance to start but that isn't going to help him here. Go to a team to compete and win a job.

Capers isn't playing to his players but I think it's more of a personnel problem. Packers D is soft and doughy up front and skinny in the back. Not a great recipe for stout defense. Just ask cajunator.

Part of the problem is that our D isn't good enough to be as predictable as we are. Greg Roman clearly knows exactly how to attack our defense and everyone was talking about that going in, yet we played exactly how he thought we'd play. Lack of talent + being outschemed= performances like we got in the playoffs (duh). Can't have both. But overall our D made a lot of improvements last year. Outside of that shitshow against the niners which was an outlier, our D was serviceable. Without all of the injuries it would've been much better

eznark

Banned
Right, I'm not saying he's good, but it was said he's only where he's at because he's white. What's VY done lately to warrant chances? He is another first round pick (except he was picked at #3), and has had his career falter year after year. Quitting on his team in another instance. Turn emo because fans are booing you? I wouldn't want him on my team, either. Tebow's probably looking for a chance to start but that isn't going to help him here. Go to a team to compete and win a job.

I agree he is only where he is at (out of football essentially) because he is white. If he were black teams would take a chance on his athleticism.

Tamanon

Banned
Jaguars fan talking shit, really? "Play football for the football" - your team has won 1 playoff game in the last 13 years and the Jets are the "morning papers" team. Right.

Who said anything about winning? I said playing football. Get used to it, you're going to be at the Jags level for many years to come, maybe that'll change the team's philosophy.

And as I said earlier, Vince Young had talent at QB. Teams will eat shit to get you if you're talented. That's why he was given chance after chance. Tebow has no talent at QB. Why was he given so many chances?

Hunter S.

let's start with being drafted in the first round in the first place. Getting the start over Orton, who despite the slump at the time was clearly the better QB.
You clearly were not watching Kyle Orton throw interception after interception. Timbow came in and threw practically zero. It is funny non-broncos fans who clearly were not watching every Broncos game claim Orton was better at the time. People were not booing Orton just because they wanted Timbow. Orton was fucking up and they were coming of the worst season ever in Denver history in which Orton helped engineer. It was time for change. Also, Timbow was voted to the Probowl that year.

How many chances was Tebow given?
Pats fans..

m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=56819434

You clearly were not watching Kyle Orton throw interception after interception. Timbow came in and threw practically zero. It is funny non-broncos fans who clearly were not watching every Broncos game claim Orton was better at the time. People were not booing Orton just because they wanted Timbow. Orton was fucking up and they were coming of the worst season ever in Denver history. It was time for change. Also, Timbow was voted to the Probowl that year.
There's a reason Timmy didn't throw a lot of picks.

How much money has Tebow made over the last couple of years? He probably made enough to get by with doing some public appearances for the rest of his life.

Top Bottom