• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Watching gaming side convulse itself over DRM and David Hayter is hilarious.

Next week will be war over there. The streets will be hot yall, protect ya selves.

Greg

You disappoint me with your lifelonging. We can no longer be bff's.

I don't understand how anyone can like the Heat and not be from South Florida. If you like them now, it's because they're the favorites. Every Basketball fan should be mad, jealous, whatever, the way that throwing together those superstars has succeeded.

Oh, and no one outside Florida can say they've " always liked the Heat." Nobody loved Glen Rice that much growing up.

What's it like to :gator?
If you had to listen to my friends you would understand. Hell, the bar across the street still has a Lebron jersey doormat.

It's almost as annoying as their Steelers/Browns debates.

If you had to listen to my friends you would understand. Hell, the bar across the street still has a Lebron jersey doormat.

It's almost as annoying as their Steelers/Browns debates.
I hate the Heat but if they win at least I'll know you're happy. Better than nothing!

Watching gaming side convulse itself over DRM and David Hayter is hilarious.

Next week will be war over there. The streets will be hot yall, protect ya selves.
The Hayter thing is crazy to me, I mean I love MGS but its not that big of a deal for me. I bought a ps3 just for MGS4! Bought the MGS4 bundle actually!

ChanHuk

Banned
So real question, should I make another attempt tomorrow to get in contact with the director and hope to get a same-day interview (I never heard of a same day interview) or should I just wait until he gets back from vacation?

Quoted because I'm sad

Im bummed about Hayter but I'm sure Keifer Sutherland will be more than adequate. In fact the only negative is the change itself, a lot of people are just so used to the gravelspeak.

I don't understand how anyone can like the Heat and not be from South Florida. If you like them now, it's because they're the favorites. Every Basketball fan should be mad, jealous, whatever, the way that throwing together those superstars has succeeded.

Oh, and no one outside Florida can say they've " always liked the Heat." Nobody loved Glen Rice that much growing up.
Sarah Palin did.

WedgeX

Banned
Sarah Palin did.

ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif
ibqlhHw0SWdiW.gif

MGS was over after MGS2, the best game in the series.

Kojima has nothing interesting left to do with it. No more Hayter is just the sealing of the coffin.

The franchise is a money-maker at this point, I bet he hates his job.

bionic77

Even people from Florida did not like them until 2 years ago. They have some of the worst fans in any sport.

Unless you have some link to Miami I can't condone Heat fandom.

Kojima has nothing interesting left to do with it. No more Hayter is just the sealing of the coffin.

I'll agree that MGS2 is one of best, but the rest of the series being over not so much. I really REALLY love Mgs1 also.
Edit: also fuck mgs3

But 3 and Peace Walker are the best in the series.
MGS3 is an excellent game but a tremendous bore of a narrative.

I got into this with Futurevoid a couple weeks back.

The codecs were more lengthy and less interesting than MGS2 (a common criticism of SOL) and when Kojima started to retcon and change the plot because Konami wanted him to keep pumping out games.

Peace Walker? lololo

MGS3 is an excellent game but a tremendous bore of a narrative.

I got into this with Futurevoid a couple weeks back.

The codecs were more lengthy and less interesting than MGS2 (a common criticism of SOL) and when Kojima started to retcon and change the plot because Konami wanted him to keep pumping out games.

Peace Walker? lololo

Peace Walker was a lot of fun, and I stand by it.

I'll agree that MGS2 is one of best, but the rest of the series being over not so much. I really REALLY love Mgs1 also.
Edit: also fuck mgs3
Just lost all respect for you guys. MGS3 is top five all time for me.

Why, BlackGhost, why!?

Greg

MGS3 was amazing as a first playthrough, but it wasn't as replayable for me like 1 and 2. I don't know if that's the game's fault, or just a product of MGS1 being a unlike anything else at the time and MGS2 blowing my mind on new hardware.

Just lost all respect for you guys. MGS3 is top five all time for me.

Why, BlackGhost, why!?
Idk something about MGS3, it was the least enjoyable for me in the main saga.
For me it goes
MGS , mgs2 , mgs4 , mgs3
Keep in mind I played msg1 on the Pc and the rest in the ps2 collection. I honestly could honestly switch alll around mgs1/2/4 but that's just me.

Idk something about MGS3, it was the least enjoyable for me in the main saga.
For me it goes
MGS , mgs2 , mgs4 , mgs3
Keep in mind I played msg1 on the Pc and the rest in the ps2 collection. I honestly could honestly switch alll around mgs1/2/4 but that's just me.
Your opinion is probably reasonable but as a MGS3 fanboy it's hard for me to tell.

I played the series in the order 3 - 2 - 1 - 4 so I didn't get that mindblowing feeling with 1 back in the day.

Actually forget what I said. MGS1 is probably my favorite game ever. All the cut scenes and action, it was like a real action movie for me. I had never experienced that in a game before.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
MGS3 was amazing as a first playthrough, but it wasn't as replayable for me like 1 and 2. I don't know if that's the game's fault, or just a product of MGS1 being a unlike anything else at the time and MGS2 blowing my mind on new hardware.
I've replayed MGS3 multiple times, but not with the same difficulty or objectives. First on Hard (Normal is too easy), one on Extreme, one going for no kills and all camo including stealth/infinite facepaint, one doing a Brock Samson run on Normal with no firearms allowed at any time.

Greg

I've replayed MGS3 multiple times, but not with the same difficulty or objectives. First on Hard (Normal is too easy), one on Extreme, one going for no kills and all camo, one doing a Brock Samson run on Normal with no firearms allowed at any time.
Yeah, I'm sure the opportunity was there, I just wasn't as motivated to get everything. By that point in the series I was kind of more interested in just seeing where the story was going (and the length held me back from burning through again like I could in 1/2).

bionic77

Yes Spurs.

Fuck all the ESPN Lebron propaganda. Greatest player of all time won't be able to beat a washed up Duncan. I am loving it!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After just playing through all of the MGS games, I disliked MGS the most but I'd have to try Twin Snakes since I played the HD versions of 2 and 3. The original MGS might have aged too much due to that era's limitation of 3D. I can tell it was leaps and bounds beyond most PS1 games though save perhaps FF8/9/Chrono Cross though.

I'm probably the least likely to play through MGS3 again but I really enjoyed playing through it once for the plot. MGS2 had the worst story of all but I enjoyed the setting and the gameplay the most. MGS4 was more a third person shooter than anything else but it was a blast to play through (except the mission where you follow a guy through an entire city).

Top Bottom