• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

It's so delicious seeing him afraid at the end of games. If he can't get to the basket late he always passes. Bitch too afraid to take a jumper.

Parker best player on the floor tonight.

pop might be the best coach in nba history. maybe that is blasphemous but his body of work speaks for itself. he is no worse than top 5!

"When your team sucks hate is all you have left." - bionic77

truer words were never spoken

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is it possible that when it's all said and done, Tim Duncan will be remembered as being better than Lebron?

Sports fans get more joy from seeing other teams lose than seeing their teams win.

The most intense seasons for me was Brett Favre on the Vikings. Never had I wished so much harm and misery on one single team before.

bionic77

Is it possible that when it's all said and done, Tim Duncan will be remembered as being better than Lebron?
If LeBron loses he will be 1-2 in the finals on the dream team. He will have to win 3 championships to get people to overlook that.

He looked scared at the end of the game when the Spurs took control.

Edit: Simmons looks like he is about to cry! I am loving it!!!!!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Did you meet all the random peds? My favorite part about IV and RDR.

I believe I met them all but I'm not sure I did all their missions.

The game was a mixed bag for me. There's too many little things that kind of build into making that game a malaise after a while. The incessant phone calls and texts from friends and gf's. The driving physics were weird. The protagonist wasn't likeable. etc. All that said, I did like a lot of it. The world is incredible. The amount of detail is ridiculous. I actually liked driving around the right cars, but the traffic patterns of the bridges drove me nuts. The combat was good, if too easy.

I also have Episodes from Liberty City, so I'll get into those after I play through some of these other games.

Hunter S.

Your team must really suck when your hatred is such that you think about physically attacking innocent passersby who wear rival colors.
To be far, no matter how much the Raiders suck every time I drive buy by myneighbors house with the raiders flag swinging out front I want to either burn it or spray paint it. This sense of disgust follows anybody using the raiders symbol in any way other than too shit on it. Seriously brah.

To be far, no matter how much the Raiders suck every time I drive buy by neighbors house with a raider flag swinging out front I want to either burn it or spray paint it. This sense of disgust follows anybody using the raiders symbol in any way other than too shit on it. Seriously brah.

I'm pretty sure that was in one of the amendments. Shitting on Raiders paraphernalia is a national service.

Just ate a egg/sausage burrito covered in cheese. Went full Freeman!

The game was a mixed bag for me.
For me too.

I like a lot about it - the city (washed out colors and all), the theme, and the characters of Roman and Niko.
That being said, the city is too large and the story is too unfocused and uninteresting.

They try to have this huge, overarching thing, but none of it is really interesting.
I don't care how the heroin got into the Liberty, I don't care about the diamonds. I only cared about Niko and his personal quest for revenge.

They really pissed the fish out of water/immigrant adjusting to weirdness of American society down the tubes. Pity.
The most interesting stuff is in Hove Beach with Vlad, Mikael, and those guys. It had character and then they just ditch it. "Gotta go to Times Square now".
Would have loved if they locked it down to the Brookyln, Queens, and the Bronx.

When you cut out the shit, the game could be 20 missions long.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
so you admit she was a complete cunt then! you admit it!
Webster's said:
Color.
5. a : an identifying badge, pennant, or flag —usually used in plural <a ship sailing under Swedish colors>
b : colored clothing distinguishing one as a member of a particular group or representative of a particular person or thing —usually used in plural <a jockey wearing the colors of the stable>
Now you know a new word.

Yes Spurs.

Fuck all the ESPN Lebron propaganda. Greatest player of all time won't be able to beat a washed up Duncan. I am loving it!

Tony Parker is the best player in this series and it isnt even close. Suprs just need to take game 2 and hopefully Lebron will quit like he did the last time he faced the Spurs in the finals. It is crazy for all the stupid, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 championships shit Lebron talked it really looks like the Heats window is closing fast. Wade is breaking down by the minute and Bosch is flat out garbage.

Bron had 18 rebounds. Is he also their best big man, in addition to best scorer and ball handler?

Edit: For Lions fans. Bleacher Report warning. Saw someone post this earlier, but Stafford is like 1-22 in his career vs teams with a winning record

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662308-where-can-the-detroit-lions-improve-most-for-2013

Bron gets so many rebounds because the Heat have no big men at all. If they had a real center or power forward that would definitely lesson the opportunities for Lebron to grab so many rebounds. Really saying Lebron is the Heat's best big man isnt praising him at all, it is just pointing out what a terrible job the Heat have done of acquiring good big men. How many NBA teams would Lebron be the best big man on? 2 maybe 3? The NBA is at the worst point in the leagues history for big men and still almost every team has someone better then Lebron in that spot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I have to say I do enjoy the irony of people telling me the Heat/Lebron suck so when they do lose a game people get hyped and proclaim their reign is over.

They wouldn't be this happy if all he does is lose all the time.

Also for no reason:

Trent Truck!

I have to say I do enjoy the irony of people telling me the Heat/Lebron suck so when they do lose a game people get hyped and proclaim their reign is over.

They wouldn't be this happy if all he does is lose all the time.

Also for no reason:

Trent Truck!

I cant speak for anyone else but I would be very happy if Lebron never won another game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I cant speak for anyone else but I would be very happy if Lebron never won another game.

I definitely don't hate Lebron that much. Then again my hate for anything is amateur league compared to Philly fans.

I honestly think it'd be more hilarious if he made the finals every year and lost.

I definitely don't hate Lebron that much. Then again my hate for anything is amateur league compared to Philly fans.

I honestly think it'd be more hilarious if he made the finals every year and lost.

I do have a lot of hate built up. I just dont like the message that people like Lebron send, that if things get tough you should look for the easiest way out. It is so funny to me that the Cavs are in a much better position going forward now then the Heat are if you dont count Lebron. Irving and the 1st overall pick could lead to a quick turnaround for the Cavs.

bionic77

Tony Parker is the best player in this series and it isnt even close. Suprs just need to take game 2 and hopefully Lebron will quit like he did the last time he faced the Spurs in the finals. It is crazy for all the stupid, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 championships shit Lebron talked it really looks like the Heats window is closing fast. Wade is breaking down by the minute and Bosch is flat out garbage.
The one thing I will say in the Heats defense is that Pop is a billion times better as a coach. That is outside of the players control and a huge advantage for the Spurs. Pop is going to be one step ahead of Spoelstra the entire series. Pop came back with a great adjustment at half on the road and the game turned in the second half. Now its time to see in game 2 what Spoelstra is made of. I have a feeling he doesn't have the right stuff to compete with Pop (honestly no shame in that), but we will see!

Bron had 18 rebounds. Is he also their best big man, in addition to best scorer and ball handler?

Edit: For Lions fans. Bleacher Report warning. Saw someone post this earlier, but Stafford is like 1-22 in his career vs teams with a winning record

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662308-where-can-the-detroit-lions-improve-most-for-2013
This is why stats are often worthless (the Bron stats, not the Stafford ones!).

It looks like on paper that LeBron had a great game, but if you watched the game you could see how confused he looked at times against the Spurs defense. If he could not beat his man off the dribble and was not open for the 3 all he did was pass the ball away, even though he had space for the midrange jumper the entire night. He was afraid to shoot it.

Miami is like Cleveland all over again, Bron has to do it all.
I hope you are joking.

They have fucking Ray Allen as their 7th or 8th best player coming off the bench. He can still start on most teams.

Truth is that LeBron is one of the greatest regular season players of all time, but he doesn't seem to have another gear or level to reach in the playoffs. At least that is the story I will be selling if they lose this series to an old ass team that peaked 5 years ago!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I do have a lot of hate built up. I just dont like the message that people like Lebron send, that if things get tough you should look for the easiest way out. It is so funny to me that the Cavs are in a much better position going forward now then the Heat are if you dont count Lebron. Irving and the 1st overall pick could lead to a quick turnaround for the Cavs.

Actually I was just reminded that Lebron got salty in his press conference and basically said everyone else has to wake up to a crappy life. Jordan probably says that all the time but not to a camera!

And yeah, that's why the rumor of him returning to Cleveland is perpetuated constantly. If he went back, he'd probably lose most of his haters and get to play on yet another stacked team. Sure some will be there to point out he is basically hopping to a stacked team but that'd eventually be drowned out by the "he went back to Cleveland, what more do you want?" crowd.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

What?

Cleveland did practically nothing to help Lebron build a legit team there. And again its not like he demanded a trade out of there, he was a free agent and was within his rights to go wherever he chose.

And I say this as a fan of the Raptors when Bosh left us in the exact same way.

bionic77

You are crazy if you think this series is over.If not for a miracle shot by Parker wo knows what happens.
The Heat can't play much better than they did in the first half. The Spurs did not play their best ball in the first half and they were only down by 5.

Miami is in trouble. Anyone watching the game and with a human brain (sorry reptiles) can see that.

It doesn't mean it is over, but if they don't win on Sunday I could really see that house of cards begin to fold.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hope you are joking.

They have fucking Ray Allen as their 7th or 8th best player coming off the bench. He can still start on most teams.

Truth is that LeBron is one of the greatest regular season players of all time, but he doesn't seem to have another gear or level to reach in the playoffs. At least that is the story I will be selling if they lose this series to an old ass team that peaked 5 years ago!

See, you hate on MJ all the time but he's exactly like Kobe in that they both hate the opposing team when they play. So much anger and intensity when it comes time to play in the big games.

Pretty much everyone has said that Lebron lacks that and that's why the Heat may lose despite a future HoFer coming off the bench.

Top Bottom