• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

The crowd at Iron Man 3 was shockingly well behaved last night when I went.

I saw it in 2D and I can't really imagine how 3D would have even improved it.

IMAX is really amazing mostly because of the sound. And the 3D doesn't add a whole lot, but on a screen that big, it's kinda impressive. So I enjoyed it, plus it doesn't cost me extra.

When I was waiting tables; I worked double shifts occasionally. Sometimes they'd let me go from my first shift at 1PM or so to save on labor costs, I'd walk to the bar around the corner, get drunk for cheap then walk upstairs and watched a movie for $4. Back by 530 soberish and ready to work.

Living the American Dream.

Going to a theater is just a lot more expensive these days and there are always a handful of obnoxious kids in there. With all the good streaming options I usually just feel like that's a better way to watch a movie.

I still like the theater experience for certain types of movies, though. And to be honest I don't watch as many movies as I used to anyways.

See? Sounds like an old man rant, right?

I usually wait a bit till it's not too busy at movies anymore, or go on weekdays in the evening when it's less busy. I've been to a lot of movies over the last year and only once or twice did the crowd really bother me.

When I was waiting tables; I worked double shifts occasionally. Sometimes they'd let me go from my first shift at 1PM or so to save on labor costs, I'd walk to the bar around the corner, get drunk for cheap then walk upstairs and watched a movie for $4. Back by 530 soberish and ready to work.

drunk on the job like a savage

Greg

I used to work at a movie theater and got to watch for free with friends whenever I wanted.

Now I can't see paying to go, so I just wait for everything to show up on demand.

I usually wait a bit till it's not too busy at movies anymore, or go on weekdays in the evening when it's less busy. I've been to a lot of movies over the last year and only once or twice did the crowd really bother me.
Yeah, that's smart. This conversation is kind of making me want to go out to a movie, haha.

ChanHuk

Banned
Living the American Dream.

drunk on the job like a savage

The only way I was able to tolerate waiting tables was being high off prescription drugs or slightly buzzed. I don't give a fuck about why you don't like your food.

My patients that are in my care for the duration of the ride I do care about their issues until they complain about non-important things like why their boyfriend neglects them.

I agree with the German Patriot fan here.

James-Bond-Smile-Daniel-Craig.gif

Talon

Going to a theater is just a lot more expensive these days and there are always a handful of obnoxious kids in there. With all the good streaming options I usually just feel like that's a better way to watch a movie.

I still like the theater experience for certain types of movies, though. And to be honest I don't watch as many movies as I used to anyways.

See? Sounds like an old man rant, right?
Went to see Iron Man with the little cousins. Clown high school kids abd fat suburbanites lined up an hour and a half for a 4:00 PM Saturday showing. Why? Why?

Colasante

Tom Brady celebrating the Kentucky Derby win with Tedy Bruschi, Dan Koppen, and Wes Welker. I hope he uses his winnings to sign John Abraham, since we know Kraft won't pay for him.

124rp4E

Fantomex

Hey Nerds, I'm level 25 in Ni No Kuni. Is there a familiar I should try to get at this point? Most of the guides show me having to be level 45 to get some good quality ones. If not I can always just wait till later. I just dont wanna miss any.
I got my ship and am currently grinding after I was shipwrecked.

ChanHuk

Banned
Alright, power is out, using my cable's wifi service. I got 3hrs of batterylife, if the power doesn't come back on......I better have finished this assignment by then or else I will end myself.

Top Bottom