• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

jakncoke

Banned
Lets not turn NFL-GAF into a tipping thread, because you and I both know its an overpaid occupation in the US. No unskilled laborer that doesn't put their life on the line other than others by contaminating people's food with E. coli should be making $400 in a 4-6hour period.

lol where the fuck a waiter/waitress make that? all the people i ever know average like 10-12 dollars a hour after tips

what is swensons

I think it's a Drive In restaurant in Ohio (based off Google)
Burger-Swensons-590.jpg

Surprised you've never seen/ heard of one living in Ohio and pretty close to Cleveland

brentech

Burger-Swensons-590.jpg

Surprised you've never seen/ heard of one living in Ohio and pretty close to Cleveland

Never seen one either, but I live small town south of Cleveland. Mostly country land around here. Still never seen one even on the way to the Q for hockey games and such though...

Oh, and that looks awful as well.

Just saw that gif making thread, I'm about to go on a gif making spree. First one I make is gonna be that amazing Bane plane scene when he says the fire has started. I'll probably never be able to use it in the right context though lol.

xnipx

Met Tavon last night. Dude is really tiny. Hope he can survive hits at the next level. He's like ray rice without the muscle

ChanHuk

Banned
lol where the fuck a waiter/waitress make that? all the people i ever know average like 10-12 dollars a hour after tips

I averaged about $100 on a weeknight if I worked weekends I would bring in $150-200 on average when I was waiting tables. It's an overpaid job, especially in places like NY and SF where people consider it a profession. Most I brought in was around $500 on a shift. Private party for some booze distributors.

One thing is for sure, waiters should not be making more money than cooks (I think they average about $11 an hour).

Greg

I averaged about $100 on a weeknight if I worked weekends I would bring in $150-200 on average when I was waiting tables. It's an overpaid job, especially in places like NY and SF where people consider it a profession. Most I brought in was around $500 on a shift. Private party for some booze distributors.

One thing is for sure, waiters should not be making more money than cooks (I think they average about $11 an hour).
You would double that if you had a nice rack.

Yeah I was a cook, and still so sometimes when i get the chance. But I was surprised some of the servers would rack in more money, but I would still prefer to cook over serve.

Milchjon

Dunno, seems like an acceptable trade off for not having to deal with (possibly drunk) customers personally.

GRONKDATE!

Rob Gronkowski reportedly 'looks great' for Patriots

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has yet to make a decision about a potential fourth surgery on his fractured left forearm

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last month that Gronkowski's camp was keeping their options open as doctors waited to see whether a "stubborn" infection in his forearm would clear up on its own. That hasn't stopped Gronk from participating in New England's offseason program, where he "looks great," a source told ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss.

A fourth surgery would potentially threaten Gronkowski's availability for the start of the season, a worst-case-scenario for New England's offense.

But Gronk has encountered no unexpected setbacks, according to Reiss, who last month reported that it was "very likely" another surgery would be needed. We're weeks away from a final decision, but Reiss now reports that there's a "chance that (an operation) could be avoided," which is music to the ears of all who love Gronk.

gronk-spike.gif
gronk-spike.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
You would double that if you had a nice rack.

Hey, I am still one charming midget Cambodian, you haven't seen my smile yet. (Okay maybe I don't smile, that implies that I'm happy)

Yeah I was a cook, and still so sometimes when i get the chance. But I was surprised some of the servers would rack in more money, but I would still prefer to cook over serve.

Those cooks were working hard as fuck, the porters had it even worse I think. Especially most the front of house staff would always be constant dicks to them. I actually got along better with the kitchen staff than the wait staff, fuckin brats.

Dunno, seems like an acceptable trade off for not having to deal with (possibly drunk) customers personally.

Drunk customers are easy to deal with to be quite honest, they usually don't give a fuck until you have to cut them off (Here in California you're legally responsible if you intoxicate someone knowingly). Actually dealing with the chef was easier than dealing with the front of house management since they got shit done compared FOH wheeling and dealing.

What do you think Welker is thinking in his head when Gronk did that silly dance? He ain't no Chad or TO, that's for sure. White people LOL

What do you think Welker is thinking in his head when Gronk did that silly dance? He ain't no Chad or TO, that's for sure. White people LOL

"Damn, I wish I was as awesome as Gronk. He got great moves and looks amazing without a shirt"

Also, JAMIE COLLINS! *CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP*

squicken

Was reading a some post-draft stuff, and one of the reasons the Bills really liked Manuel was his hand size. Their research was that QBs with larger hands perform better in cold weather. Geno Smith has 9.25" hands, while Manuel has 10.375" hands. For perspective, additional info on other QBs. Biggest shocker was that both Brees and Russell Wilson have 10.25" hands, which is freakish. I've always wondered how much info is out there on fumbles and hand size. Romo and Vick would seem to match the idea that smaller hands fumble more easily

Kolb--9.25

Romo--8.88

Vick--8.5

Alex Smith--9.38

Favre--10.38

Landry Jones--9.18

Weeden-- 9.63

RG3--9.5

Average NFL QB has 9.25" hands, but teams prefer at least 9.5", but hand shape is important. Apparently Dante Culpepper had "webbed hands" where the fingers didn't easily separate.

Top Bottom